Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    if you think pvp in wow is bad,then pvp in rift is hell lol.
    Typical mmo bait statement. All I can say to you is I pay less then you and get 3 times as more content. If you cannot see then I do not know what to tell any of you WoW fans who insist on this game vs game shit.

You guys are like Apple fans defending it over Samsung. Blizzard dictates to the player base just like Apple dictates to its fans what they want and what they will like. Trion delivers on fan request pretty damn often.

It is two different dev styles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Typical mmo bait statement. All I can say to you is I pay less then you and get 3 times as more content. If you cannot see then I do not know what to tell any of you WoW fans who insist on this game vs game shit.

You guys are like Apple fans defending it over Samsung. Blizzard dictates to the player base just like Apple dictates to its fans what they want and what they will like. Trion delivers on fan request pretty damn often.

wtf are you talking about?i stopped playing wow months ago and only played one season of cata.i main a warrior and the same old buff then nerf into complete shit for the rest of the x-pac is old,i been playing since mid BC.i been playing rift,i dusted off an old toon and leveled him up.and yes rifts pvp is worse then wows,it takes how many people to bring down one healer?all rift pvp is healers and casters/ranged,that makes up 99% of wfs.

heres one of my posts on this same topic.

pvp in rift sucks and im sorry to say that,the game could be really cool other wise.pvp is really nothing more then casters and healers,that does not make for good game play.healers are unkillable and i have seen healers getting beat on and when they get low,bang one heal back up to full.there are a ton of issues that needs to be addressed in rifts pvp,but i do not see that happing.even small things like "charge jumping" on bull rush,thats just lol.it should work just like charge in wow with a short stun on it,you know so the warrior could actually get to his target.

i find it funny when people call others bad button mashers/face-rollers/ spam your 1 shot macros and all that.but they think its good game play/skill to "spam" jump/space bar to negate gap closers like bull rush.its not skill but rather bad game design.
    Last edited by meathead; 2013-02-16 at 08:30 PM.

3 times the content? what did u get since november 13th?

also, if anything WoW fans are the samsung of mmos (most used worldwide)

and Rift fans are the rabid apple fans that even while being the minority, the YELL and SHOUT lies to justify their game being worthwhile.

MoP brought more content, features, quality than SL by a county mile.

"ooh but we got a giant new continent"

yea a giant bot infested grindfest with hardly any improvements.

and let me tell you about Trion's Dev "style".... throw stealth changes on live servers without testing them on a test server.

Dwarf racial.

Valor (resilience) doubled...

a bogus anti-bot system that 1 shots u if u stand still for half a second.

and a metric ton of untested broken garbage thrown on live servers.

Stop provoking
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-02-17 at 03:23 AM.
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

i find it funny when people call others bad button mashers/face-rollers/ spam your 1 shot macros and all that.but they think its good game play/skill to "spam" jump/space bar to negate gap closers like bull rush.its not skill but rather bad game design.
    Is there such thing as skill in either game? I mean, you don't even have to aim. /shrug.

It's like arguing the merits between the flu and food poisoning.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linzo View Post

"ooh but we got a giant new continent"

yea a giant bot infested grindfest with hardly any improvements.
    I know, but to be fair MoP was not all bad, though I do agree it was grindy and added little to the game.

SL did much better, adding lots of varied content in possibly the best MMO expansion there has been. The shear quantity and quality of content Trion puts out just shames other developers.

to the OP - Rift is going strong, but only you can tell if you like it. So jump in a trial and give it a go.

I tried the game around when Storm Legion came out but... leveling is horrible. It really is. I would rate it worse than WoW. Or maybe i am just tired of the same old boring quests, and the same old boring hotkey combat system.

But if you get through the leveling, i herd that end-game should be awesome. Raiding should be awesome, and there is a lot of funny things to do including Dimensions which is basicly a type of player housing. People designed some neat things like jumping puzzles and stuff :P Looked really nice.

Dwarf racial.

Valor (resilience) doubled...

a bogus anti-bot system that 1 shots u if u stand still for half a second.

and a metric ton of untested broken garbage thrown on live servers.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

^ get off the soapbox before lecturing me. Everything you just linked could easily be said about WoW in its 8+ year history if you want me to pull out Blizzard screw ups

Also who calls a anti bot system bogus if it squishes the problem. You have to be bot'n to bitch about the problem. I CAN PROMISE you there is a difference between how a player uses controls on a character and a program. Any fuck tard crying they go banned by that anti-bot thing WAS BOTT'n or else they can magically send a 1,000+ commands to a server every second by using their hands.

Speaking as a long time wow player and also someone who has played rift for a period of 6 months it really depends on what your asking.

If you are asking is rift worth playing right now because your bored of wow and still want to play an mmo, then simply yes, its the next best thing on the market imo and having gone back to it now 3 times (after also needing another mmo to play sometimes) I can say I was glad I originally bought the game.
    If your asking is Rift better than wow, then I have to say no, simply because it doesnt quite tick all the boxes wow does. I judge this from my friends who I have got to play rift, some who had never even played wow before and in almost all cases either they didnt enjoy either or preferred wow.

I am not going to get into a debate of this game has this, and this one has that, I judge based on what the people I know play and try, all my opinions are based on it.

tldr If you enjoy mmo's and feel the need to branch to something different make sure it is Rift before anything else, even if you dont stick it for long I personally think you will enjoy the ride it takes u on (its the only mmo I bother to play now outside of wow, otherwise I play something completely different)
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

^ get off the soapbox before lecturing me. Everything you just linked could easily be said about WoW in its 8+ year history if you want me to pull out Blizzard screw ups

Also who calls a anti bot system bogus if it squishes the problem. You have to be bot'n to bitch about the problem. I CAN PROMISE you there is a difference between how a player uses controls on a character and a program. Any fuck tard crying they go banned by that anti-bot thing WAS BOTT'n or else they can magically send a 1,000+ commands to a server every second by using their hands.
    Please show me when blizzard made a change SO gamebreaking ( doubling the effectiveness of resilience ) without at least putting it up on the PTR or making a lengthy post about it.

i mean honestly... are healers even killable now?
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

Knock it off and keep the discussion on Rift.

Deleted
    wow fan boys dont have their own forum?
    Why even bother with Rift if wow is better?To convince us that wow is actually better? For you maybe....
    You are at the Rift sub-forum ofcourse ppl here will think Rift is better than Wow.I used to play wow but when i tried Rift i left wow and never returned!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Is there such thing as skill in either game? I mean, you don't even have to aim. /shrug.

It's like arguing the merits between the flu and food poisoning.
    no there really is no skill in gaming,just knowable and macros lol.i was only trying to show one aspect of rofts pvp that needs to be fixed,and could very easy but there not fixing it.it took wow along time to fix charge jumping,it should not take rift that logn to see the mistake that wow made,see my point?if rift wanted to fix it they would,but they dont.

again people i have an active sub with rift,not wow.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ?if rift wanted to fix it they would,but they dont.
    This is not a PvP focused game. They develop what their base wanted. It's that simple.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    This is not a PvP focused game. They develop what their base wanted. It's that simple.
    i agree and ty very much for proving my point for me .i love it when another persons post proves my to be correct.the OP asked what/how rift is atm,and i stated that I think pvp in rift is bad,and you agree with me.so ty again.

i agree and ty very much for proving my point for me .i love it when another persons post proves my to be correct.the OP asked what/how rift is atm,and i stated that I think pvp in rift is bad,and you agree with me.so ty again.
    Eh.

I think his point was more that Gandhi wasn't a good kick boxer.
    As in, yeah. Ofc gandhi wasn't a good kick boxer. He was a pacifist.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    i stated that I think pvp in rift is bad,and you agree with me
    Let's slow the roll, I don't agree with you at all. I don't have a direct opinion of PvP because I haven't even done it once in Rift. You said that there is something wrong that needs to be fixed. I was completely disagreeing with you by asserting that PvP isn't their priority and certainly should not be. The PvP in this game has no bearing on what the game has to offer.

It's like saying your car stereo with an aux hookup and a cd player is horrible and needs to be repaired because it doesn't have a good cassette player in it.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    3 times the content? what did u get since november 13th?

and Rift fans are the rabid apple fans that even while being the minority, the YELL and SHOUT lies to justify their game being worthwhile.

MoP brought more content, features, quality than SL by a county mile.

Stop provoking
    We got way more content than MoP ( i play both)

We know our game is good that is why we "YELL and SHOUT" about it shame, its a shame WoW players don't really.

MoP brought pet battles, challenge modes and a new continent Roughly the size of a zone called Seratos In SL. can't remember what else we got? Pandas, some dungeons that no one does now, The community got even worse since cata....

Don't know what else to say, WoW players get a shit deal, whilst we are over here where the grass is definitely greener, that's probably why you see all the "YELL and SHOUT"

I put a warning in this thread to stop the game vs. game nonsense, please stop. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-02-17 at 09:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    We got way more content than MoP ( i play both)

We know our game is good that is why we "YELL and SHOUT" about it shame, its a shame WoW players don't really.

MoP brought pet battles, challenge modes and a new continent Roughly the size of a zone called Seratos In SL. can't remember what else we got? Pandas, some dungeons that no one does now, The community got even worse since cata....

Don't know what else to say, WoW players get a shit deal, whilst we are over here where the grass is definitely greener, that's probably why you see all the "YELL and SHOUT"
    You aren't doing Rift players a favor by the way you are comparing WoW. Especially since it will quickly get this thread closed. Both games are at the top of the industry in terms of content right now, except Rift actually has more to prove because they seem like they are slowing while WoW is picking it up. If you want to have a credible voice, then give credit where it is due...MoP is a solid piece of work and I would like to think that Trion showing them up last year really put a fire in the developers to make the game special.

People wanting to compare games and shun them when they are doing things better than the rest of the industry make no sense to me. It's win/win for all games to keep improving. MoP and SL set a very high bar for that specific niche of MMOs. Just applaud them both and move back to discussing the merits of your chosen game.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    You aren't doing Rift players a favor by the way you are comparing WoW. Especially since it will quickly get this thread closed. Both games are at the top of the industry in terms of content right now, except Rift actually has more to prove because they seem like they are slowing while WoW is picking it up. If you want to have a credible voice, then give credit where it is due...MoP is a solid piece of work and I would like to think that Trion showing them up last year really put a fire in the developers to make the game special.

People wanting to compare games and shun them when they are doing things better than the rest of the industry make no sense to me. It's win/win for all games to keep improving. MoP and SL set a very high bar for that specific niche of MMOs. Just applaud them both and move back to discussing the merits of your chosen game.
    Kittyvicious is right, you don't wanna make yourself look bad like some people have already & possibly get the thread closed. This mainly is a WoW forum with a Rift sub thread added, you don't wanna lose those privileges and ruin it for everyone else. Edge has already stated to stop the Game Vs Game, Because there will always one person who speaks out and than another who gets asshurt becauce its something they don't like to hear.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-02-17 at 08:21 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

How many subs does Rift currently have?