For some reason the thread got deleted right as I was going to post this..but I had a chance to come back and read what everyone was saying, its sad what some of you say.

I really wanted to touch on 1 thing that I saw alot "I know tons of kids who watch anime who are like this."

My point is Everything is like that, it's called negative stereotypes.(w/e makes the juiciest story in media/gossip) The thing I don't get about anime is it plagues most of the population rather then just people 45+ like let's say, video games. Most of you know how video games are shown to the general public, incredibly inaccurate information(the mass effect "sex" scandal...), rare situations front lined as if its the 90% norm(world of warcraft, shooters make killers). The people who listen to reports like this are ignorant of what video games truly are, and never have really played them themselves therefore arent informed enough to think whats being reported is wrong. Anime is the same way for you. ignorant of the subject, listens to the worst stereotypes and latches onto the worst case scenarios.

When people talk about video games you hear things like "oh that guy shot up that school, and he played that black ops all the time-It brainwashed him!" And you probably roll your eyes because its stupid-Its 1 guy and they just latched on to whats convenient. When your friends say "Oh theres that kid who stinks and never talks, I hear he watchs anime-Lol he probably jacks it to hentai to cause he cant get any!" This is the same situation, yet anime being associated with this kid being a loner who doesent bathe is seen as accurate. Its not a norm for anime but because your ignorant of the subject and its a convenient thing to latch onto its believed.

When people who watch anime hear these comments, they think the same thing as you did for video games-Oh this crap again. They Know its not true yet people who are ignorant of the subject just accept it as the norm. If there is a guy making straight A's has a GF and a ton of friends loves video games and anime-and he saves 30 kids from a building on fire-The fact that he loves video games isent going to be mentioned, neither is anime. Why would it? It's not convenient to latch onto, people want to hear the negative stereotypes.