PvP and the changes ahead for the new patch 5.2 (Malevolent gear and stats decrease)

Hello.

This is my first post here at MMO champ and i would like to share my opinion on the new PvP system and the ideas behind it for you to understand the topic of discussion.

First off i would like to say that i appreciate the new changes being made to make PvP, a more fun and fair arena to play in.

So lets begin. After what i've been reading up on regarding all these changes in how to obtain gear and how to progress your ratings in arena, the first thing that popped into my head when i noticed that the new Malevolent gear will have a decreased ilvl compared to the tier that is already ingame was this: How would a player that set his mind on trying out a different main spec in pvp going to have a fair chance in arena when the player starting out a new spec will only have an ilvl of 476 give or take a couple of ilvl, against a potentially well geared player from the last season with non elite gear, but yet fully upgraded 491?.

Now that MMR is being reset to 0, i believe that was to make it a fair play to reach high rating and to not surf your way to the top with minimal amount of effort. With that being said, the best players will most likely reach the top of their respective ladders within a short period of time, so my concern isn't for them in this post. The idea here in my opinion is to make it a fair fight, and by fair i mean to make it about player skill, rather than gear dependancy. Now, some of you might already have something to say about this, as i understand this can be a touchy subject to many people out there, and of course the age old question about noobs and pro's. But this isn't really about the best versus the worst, it's about those who are going into the season with a new partner, and potentially a new spec. So, for those players who are going to start out with a new spec, and potentially with a new arena partner how is it fair to implement new gear with lower stats on it than the previously obtainable conquest gear? This is the first time Blizzard releases a new set of pvp gear that is actually below the previous tier in stats.

I know it's still at the testing stage for some parts of the patch, but as mentioned here on the forums the patch is on the horizon. I am writing this, hoping that blizzard will read it and rethink their decision to make the new honor pvp gear inferior to the conquest gear of season 12 (Malevolent).

I hope i managed to present my concern the best way possible, and again this is only to even out the gear differancials, and the only reason i mentioned that "the best players will most likely reach the top of their respective ladders within a short period of time" was because this won't affect anyone at all, it will only make it more balanced, fair, and more skill based.

Thank you for reading my post and any constructive feedback is appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think its horse shit (regarding the lower ilvls). previous seasons way to "catch" people up from missing previous seasons was to INCREASE the ilvl on the honor gear so you had a fighting chance.

to your question to yourself: "how would a player that set his mind on trying out a different main spec in pvp going to have a fair chance in arena when the player starting out a new spec will only have an ilvl of 476 give or take a couple of ilvl, against a potentially well geared player from the last season with non elite gear, but yet fully upgraded 491?"

it is a completely legitimate question imo and is going to turn away any new pvpers from competing in mid-high level arenas/rbgs. they will just bide their time trying to catch up with the new tyrannical stuff until they can compete. with a full set of s13 honor gear, vs any full s12 mal geared player, the difference will be very noticeable. i mean hell, people that stuck out s12 and kept playing and fully upgraded their gear are sitting around 400k+ hp unbuffed. i've seen elite plate around 450k while i'm sitting at 345k on my brand new monk in honor gear (talking fully buffed).

overall i like the new pvp system, just not how they're implementing the gear this time around. the ilvls are way out of whack with where they should be - and its all because of pve. pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHwip46 View Post
    i think its horse shit (regarding the lower ilvls). previous seasons way to "catch" people up from missing previous seasons was to INCREASE the ilvl on the honor gear so you had a fighting chance.

Dreadful - 458 (or even a massive 466 if upgraded) ......... "new" Malevolent - 476

They have increased the ilvl on honor gear