Deepholm dailies
    Uldum Dailies
    Twilight highland dailies
    Tol Barad dailies
    PvP dailies in Grizzly hills
    PvP dailies in Quel Danas
    PvP BG dailies
    Cata Dungeon Archeology dailies

How many more dailies would you like to add to the old world? I think there are plenty already.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of those are obsolete in Mists though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    Most of those are obsolete in Mists though.
    Well, we have GL dailies, Klaxxi, Shadowpan, Celestials, Tillers, Black Prince, Anglers, Operation Shieldwall, and a few others. I will have to vote no for additional dailies regardless of the continent. We are already getting two more in 5.2. We have plenty to keep us busy for this war. We don't need to add more dailies to the Old World.

It'd be nice to see more war in Kalimdor since that's what this war is about. Probably not daily hubs though. Scenarios or dungeons or storyline quests in Kalimdor relating to the war would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It'd be nice to see more war in Kalimdor since that's what this war is about. Probably not daily hubs though. Scenarios or dungeons or storyline quests in Kalimdor relating to the war would be nice.
    But if the war, the real war, rages in Pandaria, why would we need it to splash back into the old world continents? I think we could keep it going just fine in Pandaria since that is really where the war is housed.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    But if the war, the real war, rages in Pandaria, why would we need it to splash back into the old world continents? I think we could keep it going just fine in Pandaria since that is really where the war is housed.
    The war isn't about Pandaria though, it's about Kalimdor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want both . But I suppose atm I want something back at Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. The only problem is that the things I'd want seem unrealistic.

Reclaiming Stromgarde would be my favourite. The place has been sitting there for god knows how long and Danath mentioned that he wanted to reclaim it. It would also be a good way to get Danath and perhaps Kurdran back in the spot light before they reunite with Turalyon. Gilneas could possibly help, but that's difficult to say because of their own problems. Still it would be nice to see Worgen doing something.
    It could also be used to further the Forsaken story. Let's be honest the Forsaken war machine needs to be stopped otherwise the EK's story will get rather odd due to their actions and a lack of retaliation. On the Horde side Thrall and the Frostwolves could perhaps get involved as well.

Secondly and rather simply - some Night Elf engagement that doesn't end in the Night Elves acting like idiots and actually winning a fight by themselves without the aid of Humans.

If I had to see some development on Pandaria I'd actually like to see the Pandaren play a proper role in the conflict. Also I'd like to see Ji and Aysa get off their arses.

The problem with both EK and Kalimdor zones is that they'd need to be phased big time.

i prefer the old continent and the new, can't see why the whole world isn't used, and only one continent is.

and i think they need to adapt the resource system. the higher your gathering the skill, teh largeer the quantities of herbs you can gather at lower levels, and you can exchange low level herbs/skins ores for higher level ones or just add new nodes

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 11:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The update of vanilla with new content in Cata was one of the biggest mistakes they made. After spending hundreds if not thousands of hours retooling the leveling/questing experience they found out very few people cared, most would have preferred more end game content. While looking for a way to get people into the old world sounds like a good idea, in practice it's the opposite of the game continuing to progress.
    says who? the aim was to update the game so that new players coming had something decent to experience from the start rather than having to wait till they hit level 60 or even level 70. A well strategised investment, you want your subscriptio base to grow, you have to be able to attract and retain new players, a 2k looking video game to serve as your start point would not do the job. The experience undoubtedly would be attractive to existing players too who would in a sense have a different game to level in, with whole new expereinces.

but they created a huge problem for new players, by failing to update the storylines of level 60-80 they create arather ridiculous experience and story discontinuity that has been enough to put the very new players all that work was done to off.

indeed a group of my friends that started playing wow after MoP was released, lost interested when they got to level 60 zones and gave up altogether by level 72.. they found it ridicuolous that the game couldn't even be bothered to update such a core part of the experience. They think warcraft is rather stupid and silly to get so engrossed or involved with.

ETA of fix? - tbc or n/a.

it wasn't aimed at old players, but i'm sure not all liked it, sure the update was nice, but the story telling was awful if you were a night elf fan or alliance for starters, - the story telling was not that great either. Again you had n almost complete neglect of Gnomes, Draenei, BElves, Trolls, Tauren - Nelves came off as a nearly completley different race to how they'd been portrayed and itwans't flattering they came off as stupid, bumbling, and inept, - where there were linear storylines, which was imo a good thing, no one felt that cataclsym did justice to any race but orcs, humnas and possibly goblins and therefore, felt the experience incomplete, better but still very wanting.

when you get something that popular, expectation is very high, and everything you do is really expected to be of the highest quality.. it's not good enough to write a good experience for the orcs, and be careless about night elves or neglectful of gnomes and draenei/blood elves and expect people to be happy because they can drive cars with goblins.

evidence? losing over 4milliion subscribers
    Last edited by Mace; 2013-02-15 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Cooking Dailies in All major Cities
    Fishing Dailies in all major cities
    World Event Dailies in major hubs
    Profession dailies in major hubs
    Winterspring dailies for the mount
    Hyjal dailies for the Molten Front
    Vash'jir dailies
    Deepholm dailies
    Uldum Dailies
    Twilight highland dailies
    Tol Barad dailies
    PvP dailies in Grizzly hills
    PvP dailies in Quel Danas
    PvP BG dailies
    Cata Dungeon Archeology dailies

How many more dailies would you like to add to the old world? I think there are plenty already.
    Don't like dailies? Don't do them.

But I suggest dailies as a way to tell a progressive story, like in Operation Shieldwall/Dominance Offensive. That story was one of the best efforts of Blizzard in storytelling and I want them to continue doing such stuff. The fact that they give complementary Valor seals the deal to me.

When people complain about dailies, they're complaining about Golden Lotus: lots of quests, little reward, looooong rep grind and a lot of content gated behind it. But Shieldwall/Dominance? 5 quests per day, take around half an hour and you have good story behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Reclaiming Stromgarde would be my favourite. The place has been sitting there for god knows how long and Danath mentioned that he wanted to reclaim it. It would also be a good way to get Danath and perhaps Kurdran back in the spot light before they reunite with Turalyon. Gilneas could possibly help, but that's difficult to say because of their own problems. Still it would be nice to see Worgen doing something.
    Indeed. I envision it as a Danath's human army marching north and taking Stromgarde with the help of Falstad/Kurdran and the Wildhammer and Greymane and the Worgen, with Galen, Sylvannas and Nathanos leading their army south and claiming Alterac for the Forsaken.

Secondly and rather simply - some Night Elf engagement that doesn't end in the Night Elves acting like idiots and actually winning a fight by themselves without the aid of Humans.
    I'd like to see them fighting with the Alliance but the leaders of the Night Elf offensive being Kaldorei. Put Shandris, Tyrande and even someone from the Highborne kicking ass and pushing the Horde back to Orgrimmar, with the full mighty of the Alliance behind them.

If I had to see some development on Pandaria I'd actually like to see the Pandaren play a proper role in the conflict. Also I'd like to see Ji and Aysa get off their arses.
    I think the Pandaren will be responsible for the Horde rebels and Alliance making a truce to depose Garrosh. Until them, it will be a three-way conflict with Garrosh getting the benefit of the Alliance and the Rebels acting against each other.

The problem with both EK and Kalimdor zones is that they'd need to be phased big time.
    You could give them the Theramore treatment. Do a scenario, some areas phase. You can talk to a bronze dragon to go back to the past to do old missions and stuff.

You don't need a lot of phasing. Just Alterac/Stromgarde and some of the surrounding areas between them. The rest could be done via scenarios (imagine a Horde scenario to defend Tarren Mill against an Alliance siege, and an Alliance scenario with Greymane and Falstad leading a major worgen/gryphon rider force against other areas of Tirisfall, like Durnholde and Southshore!)

Gilneas wouldn't need (more) phasing (than it already has) since it's empty right now anyway.

No.

/10characters