RBG CAP! Why!?! Blizz give a comment plz!

I would love to see a comment from blizzard on this really There is absolutely no reasoning behind it. That you need to do the rbg after the arena cap is just stuipd. But its one thing. That you have to do rbg in general to get the max cap is even worse. I mean Blizzard always says "We want ppl to make free decisions on how they wanna spend ingame time". Yeah sure.

This is how my rbg usually works:

some1 starts to lf ppl, it takes like 20 mins to get a grp together. Then random ppl start to go offline, and afk while rdy check. So one has to look for replacement. Then some leave because its taking to long. You have to look for replacement. Then 1 or 2 suddenly figure they will only play with vent/ts/skype. Ok, ppl start to get on vent/ts/skype. Like 2-3 dont have the soaftware and cant join, so some are pissed of and leave. Then you have to look for replacement. Then there is again random ppl afk. So you have to replace them. Then some1 discovers that one of the raid has a item thats not PVP. OMG, ppl start to argue and some leave. You have to look for replacement. Meanwhile its like 1 hour gone and you achieved nothing....

Plz, is this rly how the cap should be? I mean after 1 hour you log off, you did nothing, you are stressed out by the game and you feel that you are surrounded by idiots! wtf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    I would love to see a comment from blizzard on this.....
    So post on the official forums. You wont get a blue response on MMO-C.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Greetings, PPN. I am Blizzard. [That's right, I am the whole company]

The reason we have decided to put a cap on RBGs is to annoy you; specifically you, nobody else, no other reason. We just don't like you.

*Points to Official forums*

Yes, I know people from Blizzard do read these forums, but they are far more likely to read something on their own forums, never mind reply. I doubt they can give 'official responses' here. Better yet, if you actually make it constructive and give feedback, they might do something about it.

OT:
    Play with friends and guildies instead of randoms, you won't have any of those issues then.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-02-14 at 12:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    I would love to see a comment from blizzard on this really There is absolutely no reasoning behind it. That you need to do the rbg after the arena cap is just stuipd. But its one thing. That you have to do rbg in general to get the max cap is even worse. I mean Blizzard always says "We want ppl to make free decisions on how they wanna spend ingame time". Yeah sure.

This is how my rbg usually works:

some1 starts to lf ppl, it takes like 20 mins to get a grp together.

If it only takes 20 minutes for you to get up a RBG, you shouldn't complain.

I do agree, however.

Plus, if you decide to get capped from doing normal BGs, you have to spend alot of time getting capped. It is not impossible, you just have to put alot of time in it.

Why not go arena? Because its boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Open up oQ and find low mmr cap RBGs. It's not hard to do.
    I'd suggest not looking in trade but instead using oQ and trying to find groups that have a decent win/loss ratio.

At higher rating, RBGs are fun and quite challenging. I just don't see a reason to hate them. :P Unless bgs aren't your thing or something ... although a large majority of pvp is from bgs.

My suggestion? Find a steady group of people willing to work together to cap every single week. That's your best bet.
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

In 5.2 you'll get points if you lose as well, so expect to see a lot of RBG pugs.

Problem solved.

The thing I find incredibly annoying about RBGs is the fact that blizzard "forces" you to do them by offering a higher initial cap for RBGs over arena. Either make both RBGs and arena have a 1800 initial cap, or a 2200 initial cap. Dont offer incentive to do one over the other, its complete BS. And dont say "well get a higher cap in arenas and it wont be a problem". What if blizzard reversed their policy and arena had a 2200 initial cap and RBGs had a 1800 initial cap? Imagine the tears and the immediate drop in RBG participation. Actually that might even be fair considering how much easier 2200 rating is to get in RBGs compared to arena.