Thread: Orcs vs Humans

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mannoroth's Blood made Orcs stronger and faster. So were they stronger than Humans back then? If so, are they still stronger without the power boost? If they were equal, then Orcs would be weaker now that they lost the power boost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    So if you look at it like this. How is it the humans have survived thusfar?
    Well, I'm not up to speed on all the current lore. And I don't think Blizzard really has a good explanation anymore.

But when you look at older lore it's quite obvious, 1 Orc Grunt is as strong as 2 Human Footmen. So yes, they are physically stronger and it's having an effect in battle.

However, the Orcs at that time were also reckless in battle and even backstabbed one another for their own glory. They did almost wipe out all of the Alliance though. Warcraft 1 was a total victory for the Horde with the sacking of Stormwind. And Warcraft 2 was almost a total victory for the Horde because they were on Lordaeron's doorstep and close to finishing them all off but then Gul'dan betrayed them. This pivotal event led to the Alliance regrouping and eventually beating back the Horde all the way to the Dark Portal.

Anyway, current lore... it's really lacking. Only thing I can think of is that the Alliance has more strength in numbers. The Orc race doesn't have as big a population anymore.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 08:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Mannoroth's Blood made Orcs stronger and faster. So were they stronger than Humans back then? If so, are they still stronger without the power boost? If they were equal, then Orcs would be weaker now that they lost the power boost.
    Mannoroth's blood did indeed make them stronger. But even without it, I'm sure 1 Orc is stronger than 1 Human. Simply compare the muscles and combat experience.
    Orcs are bred for combat, they yearn for combat, they want to die in combat. They're like the ancient spartans.

It simply does not add up that humans can hold their own against an Orc 1-on-1. In an all out war it's possible though, because Orcs are too eager to go charging in without thinking of all the consequences. Just look at Saurfang Jr, quite a good example. But don't hold it against them too hard, usually charging in means victory for them.