Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Good idea, give them justification to make more Nukes.

Look everyone, we need Nukes to protect ourselves from American Aggression!
    that doesn't justify making more nukes.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    North Korea is developing nuclear technology.

The USA is not particularly frightened, nor should it be, that a tiny nation an ocean away is developing circa-1950s offensive technology. The US survived the Cold War with the USSR, with hundreds of nuclear weapons aimed at them, by the largest nation in the world at that time.

The USSR was like a vicious wolfhound, loosely held back by a thin chain labelled "MAD". North Korea is like a noisy chihuahua. They aren't a threat.
    Where is the logic though? Iraq ordered some aluminum tubes and all of a sudden they have weapons of mass destruction (nothing to do with oil). North Korea says they are developing weapons of mass destruction to use specifically against the U.S. but we don't go to war with them? Remind me again why we went to war with Iraq?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I bet if they had oil wed be over there world policing them.
    Yeah, just like all that oil in Bosnia, right? That's why the US stopped a genocide over there (far too late, mind you) while most of the world just stood slack-jawed watching it happen.

Where is the logic though? Iraq ordered some aluminum tubes and all of a sudden they have weapons of mass destruction (nothing to do with oil). North Korea says they are developing weapons of mass destruction to use specifically against the U.S. but we don't go to war with them? Remind me again why we went to war with Iraq?
    are you aware of the term "straw argument"?

Quote Originally Posted by Tara senko View Post
    Yea but we should be stopping them now before they have a chance to kill millions of americans.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 02:40 PM ----------

Better to be safe than sorry though. Thats the american way.

This is the exact mentality we had when we bombed japan. Sure it ended the war, but insane amounts of people died. We didn't think of any other alternative but to fight fire with fire so to speak, and bombed the fuck out of innocent people. Obviously the fix to any and all problems.........

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    are you aware of the term "straw argument"?
    Yes. Iraq never threatened the US. N Korea has several times. In both situations a dictator is killing his own people. The only difference I see is oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    that doesn't justify making more nukes.
    That's the reason we use isn't it? Nukes = for self defense / deterrent. (MAD)

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They are building a nuclear bomb to use on us. Hmm... Makes you wonder if Obama is really on our side.

Shouldnt we be deploying drones and gunships to bomb the you know what outa' N. Korean weapon facilities?
    People like you are the reason why people like me dislike Americans.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMage View Post
    People like you are the reason why people like me dislike Americans.
    So one persons views makes you hate a whole nation. Not a racist mentality at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea but we should be stopping them now before they have a chance to kill millions of americans.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 02:40 PM ----------

Better to be safe than sorry though. Thats the american way.
    You are like the personification of everything that's wrong in this world with regards to war.

Just because someone it threatening to attack you, doesn't mean they are going to, not only that, I truly think North Korea is smart enough to understand that attacking any nation, whether the US or not, would be pretty much suicide.

I don't understand why you would want to attack a nation, killing potentially millions of innocent people just because someone doesn't like you :/ not only that, from what we understand so far, they actually have no way of launching a missile that far, and even if they did, and they decided to launch anything major like a nuclear weapon, I think its safe enough to say it would get shot down almost instantly seeing as all major nations have the ability to detect the launch of weapons that size.

So one persons views makes you hate a whole nation. Not a racist mentality at all.
    American isn't a race.

They are building a nuclear bomb to use on us. Hmm... Makes you wonder if Obama is really on our side.

Shouldnt we be deploying drones and gunships to bomb the you know what outa' N. Korean weapon facilities?
    The exact second we step foot into north korea or launch an attack the American Chinese Wasr begans. So no we should go bomb them, North Korea is no threat to anyone and likely to blow themselves up before actually harming anyone else.

Yes. Iraq never threatened the US. N Korea has several times. In both situations a dictator is killing his own people. The only difference I see is oil.
    Only 4% of our oil imports come from Iraq. We get far more from Canada, Mexico, and domestically.

If Iraq was about oil, they did a real shitty job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paq View Post
    I don't understand why you would want to attack a nation, killing potentially millions of innocent people just because someone doesn't like you :/
    I remember Bush saying one of the reasons we went to war is because sadam tried to kill his dad. Oh and oil but he didn't say that directly.

Are you serious? Even IF North Korea is able to develop a nuclear warhead, they then have to develop an intercontinental ballistic missile and all the targeting equipment needed to successfully aim the damn thing. If by some miracle they are able to do all three of these things in thier poverty ridden country, they then have to get by the United States Missile Defense System. Yeah, that's right, something we developed in the cold war. A system that literally can swat ICBM's out of the sky. Recently, this system has added hit to kill missiles (Missiles capable of destroying nukes without causing them to blow up, through collision.) and airbore laser systems that can literally cook the missiles out of the sky using their own fuel against them. What chance do you honestly think N. Korea has in sending a warhead to our shores. FURTHER STILL, if they were to try it. THE ENTIRE WORLD, including China mind you, would take action against them.

Quote Originally Posted by draconith1 View Post
    A system that literally can swat ICBM's out of the sky.
    Patriots and the like haven't been tested on actual ICBMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Only 4% of our oil imports come from Iraq. We get far more from Canada, Mexico, and domestically.
    What does that have to do with anything? We take over the land and have companies who have special interests take over the oil. Just because we aren't importing it doesn't mean people aren't making billions of dollars from it.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

You see, this is why there are people around the world who don't really like the US.

Luckily you are only part of a vocal minority and do not represent the rest of your nation and it's inhabitants. Not everyone understands that though.
    Last edited by Shâréz; 2013-02-14 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draconith1 View Post
    Are you serious? Even IF North Korea is able to develop a nuclear warhead, they then have to develop an intercontinental ballistic missile and all the targeting equipment needed to successfully aim the damn thing.
    When its korea they have to shoot it at us via a missle. When its a country with oil they can bring the WMD in a suitcase so we have to take over their country just in case?

We take over the land and have companies who have special interests take over the oil.
    Now you require a source.