Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

how does everyone feel about 5.0 raids being opened to cross realm raiding in 5.2?

Title should read "how does everyone feel about 5.0 raids being opened to cross realm raiding at 5.2 release?"

Sorry for any confusion that my use of crz as a catch phrase for anything not of my server may have caused.

I personally feel that it is pretty crappy. You will have guilds that are incapable of downing content basically purchasing progression, albeit through irrelavant content, which in my opinion is the worst. However it will just make recruiting even more challenging to the guilds that do put in the effort as less skilled guilds continue to hold on to their one or two more skilled players because "hey we can clear it now".

Just looking for opinions.

[[Mod Edit: Changed title for clarity as requested]]
    Last edited by judgementofantonidas; 2013-02-14 at 06:15 PM. Reason: misspelling
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I personally feel that it is pretty crappy. You will have guilds that are incapable of downing content basically purchasing progression, albeit through irrelavant content, which in my opinion is the worst. However it will just make recruiting even more challenging to the guilds that do put in the effort as less skilled guilds continue to hold on to their one or two more skilled players because "hey we can clear it now".

I don't see why that's a problem. If you're skilled enough that you've left that behind, what does it matter what the other 25,000 guilds are doing?

Deleted
    it is not current content, so i honestly dont see your concern.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's fine. Will make gathering groups easier if we can dip into our realID friends.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

i feel that content should be earned by the players in your guild even the instantly outdated content 30 seconds into a new patch. I am strongly against CRZ for all the very obvious reasons. I just think that making 5.0 raids basically super LFR's on day one of 5.2 is a bit much when still only a small percentage of guilds have cleared the 5.0 content.

Crz is terrible, it doesn't really matter where or why it is implemented.

Deleted
    i have numerous friends ive made over the years who play wow on other realms then me. Now ill be able to actually do pug raids with them i couldnt be happier.

Seriously the only thing to make me happier would be an option to switch sides when grouping with real id peeps so i could use my rogue to pug with my alliance buds.

I cant really see why people would be against this what does it matter if i pug with randoms on my realm or real life friends on different realms?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why CURRENT Raid content is not CRZ. I certainly won't be doing 5.0 content after 5.2. But It would help a lot to have CRZ for 5.2 raids during 5.2, not after 5.4.

well put. do you feel that the next logical step of opening this up to progression bosses should be made then?

Just another guy complaining that 'unskilled' people should be barred from experiencing the game by locking it behind a progression gate that only the hardest core elitist can unlock. Just another special snowflake complaining about not having a star bellied sneetch star to show off how awesome they are to all the sneetches whithout stars on thar's. Move along, nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    I don't understand why CURRENT Raid content is not CRZ. I certainly won't be doing 5.0 content after 5.2. But It would help a lot to have CRZ for 5.2 raids during 5.2, not after 5.4.

explain why you would be proud that your guild based it's progression and server rank on someone elses effort?

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 11:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Just another guy complaining that 'unskilled' people should be barred from experiencing the game by locking it behind a progression gate that only the hardest core elitist can unlock. Just another special snowflake complaining about not having a star bellied sneetch star to show off how awesome they are to all the sneetches whithout stars on thar's. Move along, nothing to see here.

absolutely not. I am a completely average player. one of the 85% of players who has not cleared the current content and will not for various reasons prior to 5.2. I am not looking for flames but reasonable discussion on a topic that I personally feel is an issue.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    explain why you would be proud that your guild based it's progression and server rank on someone elses effort?
    I don't understand what you are talking about. Where's no server rank in-game. And someone else's effort? What's this? Like Someone else killed all the bosses and I get a credit for that? I don't get it. how is it possible? I thought progression was a team effort. No matter what server you are from. Enter CRZ Guilds - if you need arbitrary 3rd party based guild rank.

Not to mention that there's a in-game limitation of how many people constitute for a "guild run".

exactly. so lets say that Dream Paragon or any top echelon guild has some players that zip through the content and then want to make a little money, ingame or live money doesn't matter. They hire themselves out in pairs to 10 man guilds or as a group of 7 to 25 man guilds and carry them through content. If CRZ were to move to relavant content this is exactly what would happen next taking all the legitimate competition out of the game. How is this in any way fair to the players who are putting honest effort into competing?

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was fine when it happened with FL, it will be fine now. Also, there's nothing wrong with the less skilled guilds clearing it now. And I doubt that if a skilled player really wants to raid, they will stay with those guilds anyway.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    exactly. so lets say that Dream Paragon or any top echelon guild has some players that zip through the content and then want to make a little money, ingame or live money doesn't matter. They hire themselves out in pairs to 10 man guilds or as a group of 7 to 25 man guilds and carry them through content. If CRZ were to move to relavant content this is exactly what would happen next taking all the legitimate competition out of the game. How is this in any way fair to the players who are putting honest effort into competing?
    Whats stopping them from doing a server transfer now and doing this?

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 11:04 AM ----------

absolutely not. I am a completely average player. one of the 85% of players who has not cleared the current content and will not for various reasons prior to 5.2. I am not looking for flames but reasonable discussion on a topic that I personally feel is an issue.
    I think you are making a knee jerk reaction based on your incomplete experience with the functions of the CRZ in raids. This isn't so guilds can 'purchase' progression by completing content. With LFR and valor gear they can purchase their way into the next tier of raiding without ever having completed a regular raid or even belonging to a guild. Your entire concept of guilds 'purchasing' progression into 5.2 content is not based in reality. Anyone with effort can get into raiding in 5.2 and thats how it should be. It may not be the amount of effort that you put into the game but that does not mean that their effort should be 'not quite good enough' to experience the game. You can 'purchase' raid progression currently on the server you are on without CRZ by bringing in ringers from other guilds when you need a pug member so ultimately the ideal that CRZ is going to ruin guilds progression rate is rediculous in its very nature. The only difference is that you will have a larger pool of people to pull from and your friends from other servers can enjoy a raid with you without having to fork over real money for server transfers (and in my case with 4 alts all max profession skills I would have to pay $125 to move to another server because I funnel all my money making abilities through my alts exchanging mats.).

Of course there isn't a move that Blizz can make without drawing fire from someone on a forum so party on Wayne.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When a group is so bad they can't do progression on their own, two players can't carry them through it. It just doesn't work. I've learned that the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    I agree completely with this. We didn't realize this was the case and we were short a person one night so we wanted to bring in a guy's alt who used to raid with us for years but he couldn't zone in and so what happened? 9 other players couldn't raid that night.

Well first, I don't see why it matters. Ranks are meaningless except for the top 1% and for them, they can fill their rosters easily. But if you look above at what happened to us we had to cancel a raid night because we couldn't get a 10th. My raid group has exactly 10 people. If someone doesn't show up we can't raid. But we have a number of people on realID that we could recruit if necessary but we can't. Why shouldn't I be allowed? Sure, some guilds will try and boost their rankings but on my crappy server and the even crappier server before that, I've NEVER seen someone post their guild rank when trying to recruit.

So again I ask you, what the harm is. Do you think guild rankings really matter that much to the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    No FOS means no kill at current content. No one cares about what happens after that anyway.

Well, there's this one thing Blizzard announced recently and I gotta say it: I think it sucks.

How innovative.