Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Literally create content across the world for everyone to experience' sounds a little bit over the top to me.
    Probably more hyperbole and PR from the king of spin, but its definitely something if done right will be great for guilds.

It's like 'Hey, we will add guild missions! You will be able to do... guild things! with your guild' - 'But... how' - 'Well you can place a guild banner in the open world! People can click it to help you do... guild things! And then everyone will know your guild and wants to join it!'

What does he even want to tell us with that guild rushes? 'Literally create content across the world for everyone to experience' sounds a little bit over the top to me.
    for me it sounds like this:

-) a guild can research guild missions
    -) if they start one of the researched missions in the open world, following happens:
    -) there is a main objective which only guild-members can accomplish (e.g. guildmembers get a weapon which can harm the boss that appears)
    -) there are secondary objectives where everyone can help participate (non-guildmembers can help killing the minions, they can't hurt the boss though since they got no special weapon from a guild-herald to harm the beast)

Quote Originally Posted by MMORPG-Interview
    These missions can be kicked off by the specific guild that has researched that mission, but once they are activated, anyone can jump in and participate to help the guild finish the mission if they wish. The missions are designed such that some components of the mission can only be completed by the guild themselves, but each of them has aspects other players can assist with as well, so everyone has something they can do during the mission.
    -) in certain missions (like the guildrush) a goal is achieved if a minimum of players does a certain activity
    -) e.g. guildrush: Jumpingpuzzle XY: the guild creates a start and finish-line via starting the mission
    -) at least 10 players have to run from start to finish in 5 minutes.
    -) this means that you need for example 8 guild-members and 2 random people who achieve this goal.

Quote Originally Posted by MMORPG-Interview
    If the required number (or more) of players complete the mission before the timer runs out, the guild gets a reward which can be traded for guild-wide bonuses. Anyone can help the guild get their reward by joining in the guild rush and trying to complete it, but the rush doesn’t end until the timer runs out, so everyone can get a chance to complete it even if the minimum requirement for success is surpassed.

For personal motivation, anyone who completes the rush at least once will receive a personal reward regardless of if they are in the sponsoring guild or not. Also, anyone who was in the guild that kicked off the mission receives an extra different type of reward, which can be traded in for a new category of personal guild rewards that can only be earned through the guild mission system.
    -) so everyone who succeeds in this challenge gets a reward when the guild-goal is met
    -) guildmembers get guild-rewards for guild-wide bonuses
    -) the random joe gets another reward
    -) if you complete it for the first time, you get a personal reward
    -) the one from the guild who kicked off the mission receives an extra different type of reward (tradeable in a category: personal guild rewards)

so a lot of rewards

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, Maarius. Summoning bosses gives me a picture at least how it could be done. And yes, that sounds like a nice addition. The rushes on the other hand...
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, Maarius. Summoning bosses gives me a picture at least how it could be done. And yes, that sounds like a nice addition. The rushes on the other hand...
    Well it said "at a designated rush area" so I'm assuming it makes a normally meh area into a ball busting jumping puzzle, probably by "summoning" mobs and other effects at specified areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    By reading breafly about this, im really happy with it so far! Cant wait to go out and do some shit with my guildies! Games with others are allways so much more fun and hopefully this things will make group gaming in gw alot more dynamic!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z_8_...layer_embedded

They're going to be lame, THEY SAID, they're not going to be very interesting THEY SAID, they wont be giving us expansions worths of content THEY SAID, the stuff they'll add will be lame, THEY SAID.

Whelp, it looks likes the naysayers were wrong!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Leah Rivera on New Guild Missions (Heh. Looks like I'll have to actually join a guild now.)

February’s release will include the following mission types:

Guild Bounty – Your guild is tasked with tracking down and capturing various targets for the Orders. These people are wanted for a variety of reasons and have all sorts of tricks up their sleeves to resist arrest!

Guild Trek – Think you know Tyria? Well the Tyrian Explorer’s Society has a challenge for you! Find the list of locations before time runs out.

Guild Challenge – These challenges leverage our existing event system but are specifically geared to require multi-group, coordinated play to succeed. So gather your guild and see if you’re up to the challenge!

Guild Rush – Test your skills with a mad dash over harrowing terrain, traps, and other hidden dangers. Just remember, there’s safety in numbers!

Guild Puzzle – It’s a puzzle and a jumping challenge all in one! This mission type requires multi-group coordination as well as individual jumping skills to get to the treasure at the end.
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2013-02-21 at 08:35 PM.

damn this looks fun, I didn't expect this scope in guild missions

Woah, didn't expect something of this caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z_8_...layer_embedded

They're going to be lame, THEY SAID, they're not going to be very interesting THEY SAID, they wont be giving us expansions worths of content THEY SAID, the stuff they'll add will be lame, THEY SAID.

Whelp, it looks likes the naysayers were wrong!
    Whelp. You said the same thing twice. Two of which were subjective so really there can be no disproving. One of which is yet to be seen in-game.

Just ya' know, balance in the karmic universe and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Whelp. You said the same thing twice. Two of which were subjective so really there can be no disproving. One of which is yet to be seen in-game.

Just ya' know, balance in the karmic universe and stuff.
    I think you're one of the only lonely ones who aren't hyped now about guild missions

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I think you're one of the only lonely ones who aren't hyped now about guild missions
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20231427

Umhmm.

Deleted
    WOW i didn,t expect them to be this epic! really 0.o my expactions where WAAAAAY lower!
    arenanet i love you! but now i need to find a big guild! 0.o

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't generally agree with getting excited over videos, this is certainly not an exception, I didn't get any sense of wow, just a sense of encouragement that something good could be coming. Way too short a video to start counting the chickens yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Definitely not. Gw2 taught me hype is a bad thing

Dramatic music, check, interesting visuals, check, hype in overdrive, check.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-21 at 10:46 PM.

That trailer makes me wish i had a comp that could handle higher settings. That being said even tho my guild is like 5 ppl that dont play i will definately be looking around zones to join other guilds to do these and see what they are all about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks amazing!

By the way in case anyone doesn't know yet....

The Missions are triggered with guild influence. The more influence your guild has, the more/higher difficulty Missions your group will have access to.
    One easy way to build up some quick influence is to log on each day with all your characters - each toon earns 50 influence just by logging in.
    Valar morghulis

Karizee, it's only 10 influence per toon, to a (possible) max of 50 per day, though some people have reported different caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Karizee, it's only 10 influence per toon, to a (possible) max of 50 per day, though some people have reported different caps.
    That is what I get with my toons. Have all of mine in my own guild, so always make sure to log each one in.

cant wait to see how this goes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Ah, ok - thanks for letting me know
    Still worth it!
    Valar morghulis