Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderPoop View Post
    Well, I know what I'm spending my tokens on asap.

The trink drops off the final boss though guys, think of it like this.... they have 2-3 weeks to balance it before lfr can get it, and it becomes wide-spread. I don't think it will become a major problem, as they have time to balance it.

I'm an LFR hero, because of class I can't raid, so I may never get to take those 150%+ dmg increases and smack a bitch...

Also for an Out of combat drink that gives us stacks for pre-pull, I hate having to time the TEB usage and forcing tanks to pull early so I can burst at start.
    gotta say just messing around with the agi classes with this trink is extremely fun......i didnt like this trink at first but its really friggin amusing to see mastery numbers above 100% on alot of classes

wish i could grab it on a ret pally just to mess with it and get absurd haste values lol
    Last edited by todzilla85; 2013-02-21 at 07:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by todzilla85 View Post
    gotta say just messing around with the agi classes with this trink is extremely fun......i didnt like this trink at first but its really friggin amusing to see mastery numbers above 100% on alot of classes

wish i could grab it on a ret pally just to mess with it and get absurd haste values lol
    I doubt they would allow Strength classes to use it. GC made a comment yesterday about a strength trinket not being able to work with Guardian Druids

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    …based on modeling I've done (with assistance from Theck and Hamlet), Gaze of the Twins is actually a Guardian's best trinket for Rage Generation.
    Gaze of the Twins will only proc for Str users.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2013-02-22 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    I doubt they would allow Strength classes to use it. GC made a comment yesterday about a strength trinket not being able to work with Guardian Druids

[bluequote]
    Gaze of the Twins will only proc for Str users.[/bluequote]
    it's blizzquote not bluequote for future reference.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Yeah, not gonna happen lol. Currently agi gemmed.

edit: Reforged/gemmed to have an even number of stats ~7k, 513 ilvl.

Not gonna happen.
    Last edited by Photek; 2013-02-22 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Photek View Post

That will definitely not go through

edit: Reforged/gemmed to have an even number of stats ~7k, 513 ilvl.

Not gonna happen.
    Original response deleted as I can't post images yet (even in blockquotes?) Ah well.

That last reforge definitely puts RSK into the range of 70%+ of a geared player's health bar on a crit and one-shotting undergeared clothies. My guess is that it goes live for about three weeks and then gets hotfixed into oblivion.

I think we can all agree this is an item that Windwalkers will want either in its old form or its "buffed" version.

Let's talk about how to use it.

Speaking of reforges, some of you are mentioning 1:1:1 reforging with mastery a few points higher. The mastery buff is 3000 mastery rating. Wouldn't we be able to drop 3000 mastery on our gear? So with a total rating of 15000 at our gear level we could go with something like 6000 haste, 6000 crit, and 3001 mastery. Then with the proc we would have 0 haste, 0 crit, and 30001 mastery rating (27001+3000 from buff).

On the other hand, if we reforged 1:1:1 then we would have 5000 haste, 5000 crit, and 5001 mastery. And after the proc we would have 28001 mastery rating. So we would permanently have less haste and crit when the trinket isn't procced, and we would have less effective mastery when the trinket does proc.

As far as using the trinket, we're probably going to want to pool our stacks while we wait for a proc and then use them when the proc happens. But now that it has a 10 second duration we are not going to be able to pop Tigereye Brew twice per proc. That's fine since it will now be proccing about once per minute which is roughly how often we get 10 stacks of TEB. But what I'm wondering is if we should wait until the buff is about to fade before hitting Tigereye Brew? Wait until the Re-Origination buff has about 1 second left on it and hit TEB, so that for the next 15 seconds you can benefit from the extra mastery and you get your haste and crit back for the duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozhe View Post
    As far as using the trinket, we're probably going to want to pool our stacks while we wait for a proc and then use them when the proc happens. But now that it has a 10 second duration we are not going to be able to pop Tigereye Brew twice per proc. That's fine since it will now be proccing about once per minute which is roughly how often we get 10 stacks of TEB. But what I'm wondering is if we should wait until the buff is about to fade before hitting Tigereye Brew? Wait until the Re-Origination buff has about 1 second left on it and hit TEB, so that for the next 15 seconds you can benefit from the extra mastery and you get your haste and crit back for the duration.
    Yeah, this is pretty accurate for how we would want to use it.

I think we can all agree this is an item that Windwalkers will want either in its old form or its "buffed" version.

Let's talk about how to use it.

Speaking of reforges, some of you are mentioning 1:1:1 reforging with mastery a few points higher. The mastery buff is 3000 mastery rating. Wouldn't we be able to drop 3000 mastery on our gear? So with a total rating of 15000 at our gear level we could go with something like 6000 haste, 6000 crit, and 3001 mastery. Then with the proc we would have 0 haste, 0 crit, and 30001 mastery rating (27001+3000 from buff).

On the other hand, if we reforged 1:1:1 then we would have 5000 haste, 5000 crit, and 5001 mastery. And after the proc we would have 28001 mastery rating. So we would permanently have less haste and crit when the trinket isn't procced, and we would have less effective mastery when the trinket does proc.

It doesn't look at the mastery buff regardless of whether or not you have it.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

the trinket uses base values so the 3000 mastery will not count towards the trinket we will need to be highest in mastery

Just realized that both my tests were done using the mastery buff, I had a higher value because of the buff and trinket procced mastery. I tested with the daily monk quest buff, now I'm testing with the paladin buff and is proccing haste (since that is my higher stat without the buff). Will try to test again tomorrow when dailies reset, maybe our daily buff is broken .__.

Deleted
    interesting

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, GC did say that the mastery from the Mastery buff would not factor into the calculation of the Rune. Also for those wondering about the different versions of the trinket, there will be adjustments to proc frequency:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    GC, when dealing with the Rune [of Re-Origination] trinkets, will the only difference be between the three trinkets be the agility on the three or will there be a further adjustment of stat allocation.
    The proc frequency changes based on the ilvl of the trinket:

541 ilevel = 112.88% proc multiplier
    535 ilevel = 106.74% proc multiplier
    528 ilevel = 100.00% proc multiplier
    522 ilevel = 94.56% proc multiplier
    502 ilevel = 78.49% proc multiplier
    463 ilevel = 54.57% proc multiplier

This counts for both Unerring Vision and Rune of Re-Origination.
    This means that the frequency for us Monks would be as such:

541 ilevel = 1.038496 Real PPM
    535 ilevel = 0.982008 Real PPM
    528 ilevel = 0.92 Real PPM
    522 ilevel = 0.869952 Real PPM
    502 ilevel = 0.722108 Real PPM
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2013-02-23 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Well, GC did say that the mastery from the buff would not factor into the calculation of the Rune. Also for those wondering about the different versions of the trinket, there will be adjustments to how much of the stat alocation is used
    To me, that's saying the frequency of the trinket proccing will change, not how much of the stat allocation. I would assume that the "proc multiplier" is off the RPPM he gave earlier.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush042 View Post
    To me, that's saying the frequency of the trinket proccing will change, not how much of the stat allocation. I would assume that the "proc multiplier" is off the RPPM he gave earlier.
    Yea bad wording, I edited my post with what the new Proc rates will be.

15+ Year Old Account
    With all the brainstorming and theory crafting going on this Trinket seems like it will be more of a hassle for your average or standard player but could potentially be an exceptional trinket for someone who has a good clean UI or Alert for buff notifications.

The latest I read is we will want go as with a 2h weapon to force faster trinket procs, Using your best weapons during empowered teb and then use our 1h weapons when you are out of teb to lesson the chance of a proc. I'm not against it but I think it will be changed, The standard on something like this is Blizzard never compensates for insane theory crafting to pull out all stops and figure a way to gain much more than they ever thought about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Something I haven't seen many people talking about is the Rune of Origination in tandem with the 2pc15 bonus. Hoarding the Energy Spheres that form, and then running over them to compensate for the fact that we have 0 haste during the duration of the proc. Has there been any theorycrafting done on saving the orbs in this fashion.. is it even possible, or do the orbs despawn too quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by Rush042 View Post
    Something I haven't seen many people talking about is the Rune of Origination in tandem with the 2pc15 bonus. Hoarding the Energy Spheres that form, and then running over them to compensate for the fact that we have 0 haste during the duration of the proc. Has there been any theorycrafting done on saving the orbs in this fashion.. is it even possible, or do the orbs despawn too quickly?
    No point in theorycrafting about that unless it's a completely static fight with 0 movement involved. Any movement negates any possibility of hoarding the orbs.

Just realized that both my tests were done using the mastery buff, I had a higher value because of the buff and trinket procced mastery. I tested with the daily monk quest buff, now I'm testing with the paladin buff and is proccing haste (since that is my higher stat without the buff). Will try to test again tomorrow when dailies reset, maybe our daily buff is broken .__.
    Just tested this and indeed, our mastery daily buff counts for the trinket proc. Not like it matters for reforges, but it's silly.
    Last edited by Photek; 2013-02-24 at 08:39 PM.

Wait until the Re-Origination buff has about 1 second left on it and hit TEB, so that for the next 15 seconds you can benefit from the extra mastery and you get your haste and crit back for the duration.
    What I plan to do is this:

1. Get to 10 stack of TEB, canceling the aura if the trinket procs before this.

2. Once at 10 stack, wait for trink proc.

2.5. If I hit 20 stack of TEB before trink proc, use 10 TEB.

3. Once trinket procs, I will have this macro for TEB:

#showtooltip TigersEye Brew
    /cast TigersEye Brew
    /cancelaura (Name of buff from rune)

So, I can cancel the buff when it procs after the use of TEB. Stats will be normal, but have an enormous amount of damage increase for those 15seconds. I'll have Weakauras tracking the buff, and when it procs it will pop an icon up over my current TEB stacks icon.
    Last edited by WonderPoop; 2013-02-24 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Spelling cause I'm dumb