computer build advice

Hello all so i've chosen to build my next computer but i'm stuck on choosing a couple of parts so was looking for some advice. This will be used for everything from gaming / movies / music / video editiing etc..... so here is the lis that i have so far. Asus P8 Z77 v Deluxe 1155 Socket / Intel core ivy bridge i7 3770k 3.5Ghz / Asus HD Direct CU 2 1GB / Corsair Vengence 32GB DDR3 / Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus / Plextor Pro Series 128GB SSD / 3x Western Digital Black 1TB HDD. So what i am having trouble o deciding is the power supply and a good brand Blue ray DVd combo burner, i was goin to go with the seasonic x series 750W (80) but wasnt sure if that would be sufficent enough so if any could help that would be great.
    Last edited by hulk2280; 2013-02-14 at 05:43 PM. Reason: text came out wrong

Please fix your post.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    3770k and a 1 gb graphics card, 32 gb ram? :S
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

I'm not sure what the model is of your GPU but 750W is overkill for any single GPU on the market, if you really want to go with Seasonic X series then the 560W is more than enough.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

How much you're actually doing video editing, and what kind of video work? It will have pretty big impact on recommendations.

What exactly is the graphics card you're planning to get, your post has no meaningful info on that.

Most BluRay/DVD drives are made by LG, those are just sold with different brands so it doesn't really matter much.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Depends on how much video editing/rendering you will be doing if you really need the i7 or not. If only mild you could save some $$ by going with i5. The i7 will not increase game performance and in some cases/games can actually make it worse. As Vesseblah said, letting us know exactly how much and what you are doing on the video side will help us make a better recommendation.

Not exactly sure what that video card is.

That is far more RAM than you likely need, even for editing, 8GB is more than enough for gaming, 16 would be overkill but justifiable cause it's cheap. 32 is just way more than you will ever come close to using more than likely.

That cooler is an excellent low cost cooler, depending on budget and how much you want to OC you may want to move to a nicer one, but that is great for mid-range OCs on a budget.

Don't know much about Plextor SSDs, the most recommended ones are the Samsung 830 if you can find them, the 840 Pro or the 840. Benchmark wise the 840 Pro is definitely faster, but outside of benchmarks hardly noticeable. Really kinda depends if you want to spend the little extra for Pro or not.

I assume you actually have a need for 3TB of storage, since you do video editing you may need it, it just seems like a lot. Seeing as your games and windows will be on the SSD though, you really don't need the Blacks and cold opt for Greens to save money, since it's just storage it does not need to be fast. I would consider 2 1TB Green drives and increasing your SSD to a 256 Samsung 840/840 Pro.

For Burner, just grab the cheapest you can find, won't make much of a difference. How much are you actually planning on burning to actual Blu-Ray though? Some people leave optical drives out of their builds entirely nowadays as pretty much everything is available digitally now, so unless it is also your only Blu-Ray player and you really need to burn stuff frequently, you don't really need one. It is pretty impractical for storage too IMO.

PSU, Seasonic is good, probably the best, but 750 would only be needed if you were running some crazy 2+ GPU Crossfire/SLI setup. 500 is usually enough for most single card systems.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am of the persuasion that an i7 is not worth it, unless the video editing work you do will literally earn you the income to pay for the i7. If you don't make money doing video editing/youtube stuff, you really don't do it enough to benefit from it.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Sorry bout not putting enugh info abut the card. Asus Radeon Direct CU 2 | 1Ghz Core Clock | 2GB DDR5 4840 Mhz | 256-Bit | PCI-Express 3.0 As far as the suggestions much appreciated i think i will scratch the 32GB and go lower and will also do so with the PSU and i was originally goin to go with the i5 but had read that it had issues when installing windows have any of you heard anything like that. Also good points about the editing its not to make money and also about the HDD i will change to 2 and go with the Greens. Not sure if i'm goin to get into doin alot of OC or not but if i don't is it best to stay with the cooler or would you guys still recommend getting something better. this is a big help guys thnks i appreciate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulk2280 View Post
    Sorry bout not putting enugh info abut the card. Asus Radeon Direct CU 2 | 1Ghz Core Clock | 2GB DDR5 4840 Mhz | 256-Bit | PCI-Express 3.0
    Sounds like a 7870.
    i was originally goin to go with the i5 but had read that it had issues when installing windows have any of you heard anything like that.
    Don't see how it would have issues installing windows O_O.
    Not sure if i'm goin to get into doin alot of OC or not but if i don't is it best to stay with the cooler or would you guys still recommend getting something better. this is a big help guys thnks i appreciate it.
    I'd stick with the cooler if you aren't going to OC, but if you're not going to OC, probably best to get a B75 motherboard and a I5 3350P. Will save you some money.

Sorry bout not putting enugh info abut the card. Asus Radeon Direct CU 2 | 1Ghz Core Clock | 2GB DDR5 4840 Mhz | 256-Bit | PCI-Express 3.0 As far as the suggestions much appreciated i think i will scratch the 32GB and go lower and will also do so with the PSU and i was originally goin to go with the i5 but had read that it had issues when installing windows have any of you heard anything like that. Also good points about the editing its not to make money and also about the HDD i will change to 2 and go with the Greens. Not sure if i'm goin to get into doin alot of OC or not but if i don't is it best to stay with the cooler or would you guys still recommend getting something better. this is a big help guys thnks i appreciate it.
    Still don't know which video card that is. The number that starts with a HD 6xxx or HD 7xxx or GTX 5xx GTX 6xx is one of the more important numbers when describing your video card.

If you are not going to OC, not only would I recommend not spending money on an additional cooler, but you could save more money if you got a different CPU and MoBo as well. If you think you will though then stick with what you got. I would say go for it, the chips are designed for it now unlike in the past.

k sounds good i'm gonna check out some different cpu and mobo thanks guys.