Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    yeah, so that pretty much rules it out as an option all together. Its too bad that cleave trinket isn't something else! I'll prolly grab it for farm to do some meter padding, but beyond that i don't think so.

Its also nice that there's only a .08 difference in PPM on the TED and the Haromms. Which will allow for a lot of lined up trinket procs which will greatly increase your damage. I noticed a pretty big hike when I got Haromms and paired it with bad juju. While assurance is on an ICD and you'll have a lesser chance of getting it to line up with your haromms.
    Last edited by Vishiz; 2013-09-13 at 04:08 PM.

What specifically are you guys liking about TED? I just can't seem to make it worthwhile. SimC shows it as a DPS loss for me and it proved difficult to take advantage of on the PTR.

I realize we're talking about which trinket outside of Multistrike is the least bad for us, so while I dislike TED, it might very well be the least bad option we have.

As i said just a couple minutes ago. I like that it's ppm is really close to haromms.

and what do you mean as a dps loss? a dps loss vs AoC? thats prolly because SimC is doing what not of us can and using FoF every 18 seconds, which is the difference maker in that trinket. If you cant use it every 18 seconds, the more you slack, the less valuable it becomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Hurt View Post
    What specifically are you guys liking about TED? I just can't seem to make it worthwhile. SimC shows it as a DPS loss for me and it proved difficult to take advantage of on the PTR.

I realize we're talking about which trinket outside of Multistrike is the least bad for us, so while I dislike TED, it might very well be the least bad option we have.
    Can you post the simcraft profile you use? With the profile I use it shows AoC as a DPS loss no matter what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishiz View Post
    As i said just a couple minutes ago. I like that it's ppm is really close to haromms.

and what do you mean as a dps loss? a dps loss vs AoC? thats prolly because SimC is doing what not of us can and using FoF every 18 seconds, which is the difference maker in that trinket. If you cant use it every 18 seconds, the more you slack, the less valuable it becomes.
    Sorry, I meant that TED is a minor DPS loss over what I currently have: 543 Renataki's and 530 VP trinket. AoC is an even bigger loss than TED.

I'm not arguing for AoC or anything, I'm just trying to figure out if anything is as good as, say, heroic Renataki's or something.

if you're seeing it as a dps loss over the VP trinket theres something really weird going on with your profile.

my SimC results:

548 TED > 543 Bad Juju by ~1k dps
    567 AoC < 543 bad Juju by 13k dps
    Last edited by Vishiz; 2013-09-13 at 04:43 PM.

Deleted
    My dps is really good, running 9,6k haste while having 11k crit and around 6,3k mastery.
    Ascension, Renataki 549 and Juju 543 and socketing for mostly crit.

What's really bugging me, is the question of going for the 4 set bonus or just waiting for some luck with HWF-Items.
    I don't really feel the 4 set being strong enough to sacrifice the agi, crit and haste on the nonsets.
    Is it only me or does it feel very weak?
    I mean, we have at least one set bonus that's worth going for, while ele shamans don't even have that.
    Just wanted to have another opinion about that set bonus.

Regards,

Dalia

Deleted
    I think for progress I'll be aiming for 2pc and HC off-pieces. I'm really don't see 4pc as worth it; however does depend on drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pattison View Post
    I think for progress I'll be aiming for 2pc and HC off-pieces. I'm really don't see 4pc as worth it; however does depend on drops.
    That is precisely my choice as well - I am focusing on 2pc, and basically passing on 4pc other than for straight ilevel upgrades. I rather enjoy the 4pc and higher mastery playstyle, don't get me wrong. I also do think that it's difficult to calculate exactly the amount of gain we get from 4pc due to the feedback loop it produces from higher mastery, but I might try it otu with a high mastery build at some point.

For now, though, I am going to favor 2pc with warforged gear.

I'm almost certain that the 4pc will give more dps than 2 warforged pieces would give. 4 pieces of our T16 have all red sockets in them (with agi bonus), and considering agility is so good for us I don't think you can make up for the lost dps from missing out on 4pc with 2 more warforged pieces.
    I quickly checked what the stat gain would be when taking off-pieces for legs and shoulders: +76 agility and + 694 secondary stats (cause of less red gems it's more secondary than agi).
    According to some very quick calculations I did 4pc would give around 4300 dps, while the stat gain with warforged gear would only give around 1850 dps.

This is all just very quick math so don't assume this is very accurate, but until proven wrong I know I will go for the 4pc
    Last edited by Eyedore; 2013-09-14 at 09:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyedore View Post
    I'm almost certain that the 4pc will give more dps than 2 warforged pieces would give. 4 pieces of our T16 have all red sockets in them (with agi bonus), and considering agility is so good for us I don't think you can make up for the lost dps from missing out on 4pc with 2 more warforged pieces.
    I quickly checked what the stat gain would be when taking off-pieces for legs and shoulders: +76 agility and + 694 secondary stats (cause of less red gems it's more secondary than agi).
    According to some very quick calculations I did 4pc would give around 4300 dps, while the stat gain with warforged gear would only give around 1850 dps.

This is all just very quick math so don't assume this is very accurate, but until proven wrong I know I will go for the 4pc
    Well, I would aim for 2pc and WF too, just because there are set pieces with mastery on it.
    I don't think our new mastery is bad, don't get me wrong, I don't feel like it's worth sacrificing haste or crit for it.
    I'm not that good in theorycrafting, but for me, it's just a simple thought that going for more crit and haste, while having almost the same amount of agility, is doing better than 1 chi reduce on 1 skill after consuming 10 stacks of TeB while having more mastery that is needed. Don't know my raidbuffed % of mastery, but unbuffed I'm around 46% and I think that's enough.

Another thing is the Ascension vs Chi Brew.
    While I feel extremely energy starved when using Brew, I think it may be ahead with AoC. The reduced cd on Energizing may help on that.
    I don't have one, was extremely lagging on Sha of Pride (Q.Q), but maybe someone has gotten his hands on one and may test it with Chi Brew.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyedore View Post

2500 dps isn't worth me taking 2 tier pieces my raid can use instead

Too bad the WW T16 2p is bugged and was never acknowledged anywhere despite my many posts on the PTR bug and discussion forums. On the PTR the Combo: Breaker procs never increased the damage of either ability on the tool tip or on the scrolling battle text.

Quote Originally Posted by HHHGame78 View Post
    Too bad the WW T16 2p is bugged and was never acknowledged anywhere despite my many posts on the PTR bug and discussion forums. On the PTR the Combo: Breaker procs never increased the damage of either ability on the tool tip or on the scrolling battle text.
    It works fine on live.

Deleted
    I do not see the point behind not using 4set. It's not like we are on Vanquisher and need to pass on tokens because they are way better for other classes rolling on it.

I'll prolly grab the 4pc after my warriors get done with theirs. Our guild doesnt have a huge amount of people on prot tokens so it shouldn't be that tough to grab.

Quote Originally Posted by Justwait View Post
    It works fine on live.
    I always tested it with no weapons and trinkets so procs would not get in the way of the tool tip changing. Is this what you have done to insure that it is working as intended?

I always tested it with no weapons and trinkets so procs would not get in the way of the tool tip changing. Is this what you have done to insure that it is working as intended?
    Ofcourse. Except I don't look at tool tips, you just hit a dummy and see the damage it deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Justwait View Post
    Ofcourse. Except I don't look at tool tips, you just hit a dummy and see the damage it deals.
    That's the thing, it never made the damage go up there either. I was always hitting for around the tooltip min/max.

Deleted
    That's the thing, it never made the damage go up there either. I was always hitting for around the tooltip min/max.
    I now have the 2p too, it works perfectly fine.
    Gotta love 500-600k crits from blackout kick