WTB Advice for an Affliction warlock on Sha of fear heroic

I am currently on sha heroic 25. We have gotten him to 15% (without a sub 20 lust) so we will likely have it down soon but i cant help but feel like i could be doing better personally. What tips would you guys give to someone like me?

What am i currently doing?

-Speccing supremacy since sub 45% i am multidotting most of the time.
    -SB SS the first 2 i can reach then SB seeding off the boss once they get near him to get corruptions on them all.
    -Spamming seed like crazy on 4+mobs.

Check my armory: MCSpork illidan

I know i shouldnt be shooting for the 6637 breakaway without cosmos(due to a lack of mastery) but i wanted to give it a shot. I really like the extra soul shards but i may wait(for the 1000000x week in a row) for any cosmos to drop to spec back to 6637.

Any tips you can give would be great! ty in advance

-MC

ps. I know about the resetting buff bug in the first second of p2 :P
    pps. IF you know what mods cause massive frame rate spikes in this fight let me know o.O

I dont play aff on that particular boss so cant help you with that. But i have massive FPS aswell and so do other ppl, got better by putting liquid to the minimum possible

Turning off your nameplates will instantly help improve your frame rate during the tail end of p2 also.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 08:43 PM ----------

and I would also stick with Sac just because p1 dps still matters and there is also a burn which most guilds do at sub 10% of the boss hp during p2

I personally used gosac and not gosup but i think it depends on what the rest of ur group is doing in phase 2. In my group, we weren't really focusing adds that much until wave of 3 started coming... otherwise we would just put a few dots on them and focus the boss, and have the melee cleave them. Even after the wave of 3, i would mostly just switch to adds to dot/slow them and then back to focusing the boss, unless i saw they weren't dying fast enough. I didn't even really use seed until we had 4 or 5 adds out at once. As i said though, it really depends on your group comp and what the other dps is doing, but you may wanna try gosac and see if that helps. We had a boomkin and when he would pop cds i barely had to touch the adds other than just dotting them up...

Also i'm sure u know but it's imperative that you drain soul and get shards back from the adds when the boss comes up from submerge

As for the fps drop, i had it pretty bad myself but only when going to the platforms to kill the adds...

When it's 3 or less mobs make sure you SB:SS all 3 of them and keep full dots on the boss. If you don't have the shards to do that at least keep corruption and agony on them all. I wouldn't start seeding until there are 4+ adds.

- Stick with Sac for the whole fight
    - SB:SS on the adds (until sets of 6+ are spawning) with a mouseover and DPS Sha (try to maintain your dots the entire duration of their life)
    - Drain the adds for 4 free shards (helps with multidotting)
    - Once 6+ adds are spawning at the same time swap to Seeding off of Sha
    - For our first kill we had 2 Warlocks in and we ended up using our 3rd set of DG as an Infernal on separate waves of spawns but you don't have to
    - I don't change my reforging for the fight; I just stay at the 6637 haste breakpoint then stack mastery (forgoing hit cap) for everything so I never change that regardless of the fight

thank you very much for your responses!

-MC

the more dmg to the boss the less adds spawn since he'll die faster. stay with gosac, do what was said above. make sure to use doomguard when u lust after the first submerge(or before, however ur guild does it) since itll be up again and 2 doomguards is better than 1. make sure to refresh dots on sha at all time when dealign with adds. remember to drain soul any add about to die to refresh shards. and sb:ss adds when they get in range, for example if i know the next ability is waterspout, i start running out and i dot up the adds that are coming to the football holders while they are still far away, dont wait until they all get stacked up(only demo has to do that)

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    the more dmg to the boss the less adds spawn since he'll die faster. stay with gosac, do what was said above. make sure to use doomguard when u lust after the first submerge(or before, however ur guild does it) since itll be up again and 2 doomguards is better than 1. make sure to refresh dots on sha at all time when dealign with adds. remember to drain soul any add about to die to refresh shards. and sb:ss adds when they get in range, for example if i know the next ability is waterspout, i start running out and i dot up the adds that are coming to the football holders while they are still far away, dont wait until they all get stacked up(only demo has to do that)
    While true to an extent, I feel that the heroic version of this fight is more of an add management ordeal with the boss as secondary cleave for classes that can handle it. In this particular case, I'd feel destro would do extremely well here. I personally have not finished it, however all those shadowburn overkills on the adds are complete damage to the boss via havoc. Couple that with rof and f+b and you have a constant influx of embers for chaos bolt spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzyo View Post
    While true to an extent, I feel that the heroic version of this fight is more of an add management ordeal with the boss as secondary cleave for classes that can handle it. In this particular case, I'd feel destro would do extremely well here. I personally have not finished it, however all those shadowburn overkills on the adds are complete damage to the boss via havoc. Couple that with rof and f+b and you have a constant influx of embers for chaos bolt spam.
    mostly all guilds focus on the boss full time with cleave/dots on the adds until about 4-5+ adds start coming out at the same then you focus on adds with cleave/dots to the boss and ya destro i can see doing well. i might give destro a try next week

Deleted
    question about the doomguard on sha normal, when i pop DG and then get carried away to a platform, will the DG despawn because I'm not in range?

Quote Originally Posted by Maldora View Post
    question about the doomguard on sha normal, when i pop DG and then get carried away to a platform, will the DG despawn because I'm not in range?
    From my experience; he actually flies over with you. Hasn't happened to me many times but it has happened where I got first port and he came with.

The framerate spikes are from your hunters using Stampede; it's a bug.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

it depends on how much you are sitting on the boss and when you're switching off for adds. it also depend son what you're wiping to, because if it's boss damage then your raid needs to manage it's dps better (designate groups of people to waves, landsharks on waves, pots on waves, stormlash, etc)

GoSac is the best by far, just because you're aoeing when there's 6 adds doesn't mean you should ignore the other 70% of this fight

I prefer GoSac...

So, we managed to kill him last week on a 10man raid and i made a video:
    I hope that it helps.
    I didn't reforge my gear for that fight. 6637 haste 1st then mastery.
    I still don't have the 4Pc bonus, Lei Shi isn't a good friend

Log: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/2v9jy.../?s=582&e=1434

Last edited by StephanJoosen; 2013-02-19 at 11:38 AM.