Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Just found this thread. I had no idea I would find something like this on here I've started like new year and began to lose some weight aswell (could've done better by doing more exercises) which is 4,5kg. It's slow but it works for me:
    drinking: only water sometimes a coffee
    food: healthy stuff like fruit and muesli in the morning, during the say I'd have some vegetables paired with some carbohydrate and for one last meal in the evening I usually choose something more protein and no carbos. All in all less fat.
    exercises: I only do them every 2 days. As said could do more and longer and I guess I'd be more successfull

Been doing INSANITY for 3 weeks as well as radically changing my diet.

Nearly lost a stone. Down from 14.6ST to 13.10ST.

Feel a lot more toned as well. I'm aiming for 12ST.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Been doing INSANITY for 3 weeks as well as radically changing my diet.

Nearly lost a stone. Down from 14.6ST to 13.10ST.

Feel a lot more toned as well. I'm aiming for 12ST.

You either ate nothing during those 3 weeks or its water weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    You either ate nothing during those 3 weeks or its water weight.
    I just changed my shitty junk food diet combined with 45 minutes exercise 6 days a week plus I work intense night shifts. Eating out of Tier 1/2 in Michi's ladder.

Typical day:

Breakfast: Peanut Butter + 1 Slice Wholemeal Toast + Fruit Juice

Brunch: Greek Yoghurt with Banana and Walnuts

Lunch: Turkey slices in Wholemeal roll with spinach and apple

Afternoon: 1 Egg + 1 Eggwhite omlete with turkey bacon and onions

Dinner: Chicken Stir Fry

Plus 45 minutes exercise and post-workout nutrition shake.

Magic. Give me 6 more weeks to finish the Insanity program and I'l post my before/after pics.
    Last edited by Tommy T; 2013-02-26 at 11:31 AM.

Deleted
    I just changed my shitty junk food diet combined with 45 minutes exercise 6 days a week plus I work intense night shifts. Eating out of Tier 1/2 in Michi's ladder.

Typical day:

Magic. Give me 6 more weeks to finish the Insanity program and I'l post my before/after pics.

Why do people insist on gteting post workout shakes? Just eat normal food...... Shakes dont build anymore muscle nor does it burn more fat than "regular food"
    The only thing that is a slight benefit with a drink is that it gets absorbed quicker.
    You just lost water weight in those first 3 weeks.
    How much protein are you eating? And calories?

Why do people insist on gteting post workout shakes? Just eat normal food...... Shakes dont build anymore muscle nor does it burn more fat than "regular food"
    The only thing that is a slight benefit with a drink is that it gets absorbed quicker.
    You just lost water weight in those first 3 weeks.
    How much protein are you eating? And calories?
    I find it hard to eat straight after a workout. I usually just have a shake with oats + a banana. Keeps me full for longer and gives me back some energy. The shake I'm using is 31g of protein per 58g scoop and I use two scoops and the shake has 200 calories.

While I don't know exactly how much protein I'm consuming on a daily basis, I reckon the calorie mark is around 1600 - 1800.

I don't understand how it's water weight when I've lost a jean size and look thinner.

Typical day:

After years of never really having the time to eat during the day, my stomach has now basically adjusted to eating one average sized meal a day, dont know how healthy that is but its defo way les complicated than this diet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeruk View Post
    After years of never really having the time to eat during the day, my stomach has now basically adjusted to eating one average sized meal a day, dont know how healthy that is but its defo way les complicated than this diet
    It doesnt matter how many times a day you eat. So you're all good

Frank, read up on water weight.

It's an annoying diet, but it gives you the energy to do the high intensity workouts and it keeps me from getting too hungry.

No way I could eat one meal a day. If it works for you, then to each their own.

@Harzaka.

Perhaps some of it is, as I used to eat a lot of salt which keeps water weight on right? Cutting out that much salt means I'm losing that water weight. Maybe it is a lot of water weight, but surely after that water weight has been shredded, fat is lost as well.

I'm not a fitness expert.

Deleted
    It's an annoying diet, but it gives you the energy to do the high intensity workouts and it keeps me from getting too hungry.

No way I could eat one meal a day. If it works for you, then to each their own.

@Harzaka.

Perhaps some of it is, as I used to eat a lot of salt which keeps water weight on right? Cutting out that much salt means I'm losing that water weight. Maybe it is a lot of water weight, but surely after that water weight has been shredded, fat is lost as well.

I'm not a fitness expert.
    Alot of salt and carbs retain water.

Alot of salt and carbs retain water.
    Just checked the scales again to see.

You're right. I weighed myself after the exercise this morning and I was 13,10. I'm now back up to 14.3. I didn't expect water weight to be that influential. I take it this is normal.

Cheers for the help btw. Furthering my knowledge on this is just making me more motivated to learn more.

Why is it I'm losing clothes sizes but still remain more or less the same weight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I feel like a twig reading this post lol. 6"1 and 72kg (158lbs I think). Eat what ever the hell I want and have been the same weight since 16. Must suck to have to keep an eye on it.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    but eating a pizza after a workout or only having 2 meals a day will not be healthy. I seriously dislike people acting like you can eat whatever you want and live healthy it just isn't possible specially not without exercising.
    Heavily depends on your metabolism.
    I can eat whatever I want whenever I want.
    1.8m in size, weight oscillates in between 69 and 72Kg @ Age 27.

I try to change things up and resist the urge eating too many pizzas. Not always successfully though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Heavily depends on your metabolism.
    I can eat whatever I want whenever I want.
    1.8m in size, weight oscillates in between 69 and 72Kg @ Age 27.

I try to change things up and resist the urge eating too many pizzas. Not always successfully though.
    there is noone in the world that can eat anything without gaining weight.

Eat 5 000 calories a day and see how you look in a year, i dare you.

Just checked the scales again to see.

You're right. I weighed myself after the exercise this morning and I was 13,10. I'm now back up to 14.3. I didn't expect water weight to be that influential. I take it this is normal.

Cheers for the help btw. Furthering my knowledge on this is just making me more motivated to learn more.

Why is it I'm losing clothes sizes but still remain more or less the same weight?
    Weigh yourself every morning and keep it in a log and then calculate the weekly weight

Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    13 pounds in one month is quite a bit of weight loss, assuming it's not some product of surgery or severe dehydration.
    When you are over weight if you make the correct changes it's surprising how fast it can drop off. I graduated from university this year and changed my diet massively. I went from about 2500 cals a day to 1500ish, eating low fat content food, plenty of chicken/turkey breast fruits and veg for 3 square meals and snacking on fruit. I lost abou 14-15 pounds in the first month and that was with no exercise.

Since then I have lost another 19 pounds, but this lot took another 4 and a half months to drop off. The point I am making is that if you are overweight and do things right (the op says he is exercising as well as controlling his portions) you can lose weight very effectively in the early stages.
    Last edited by Jeleh; 2013-02-26 at 02:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is noone in the world that can eat anything without gaining weight.

Eat 5 000 calories a day and see how you look in a year, i dare you.
    1) I have no Idea how I am supposed to eat that much to input such an amount of energy. I just can't. My friend can eat 5 small burgers and still be hungry. I'm content after 1.5 and full to the point of feeling bad after 2 and a few fries.

2) I was talking about reasonable amounts of food, ofc it's an internet forum and some guy like you will come by and twist it into the absurd just to "make a point". *sigh*

Nah I kind of agree with Harzaka. I hate people who say "lol u fat fuck I can eat whatever I want 24/7 and stay skinny." I know that (probably) wasn't your intention but still...people are in this thread trying to talk about how their weight loss regimens are going and you come in to say you can eat pizza anytime...really helpful. Nice moral boost for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Nah I kind of agree with Harzaka. I hate people who say "lol u fat fuck I can eat whatever I want 24/7 and stay skinny." I know that (probably) wasn't your intention but still...people are in this thread trying to talk about how their weight loss regimens are going and you come in to say you can eat pizza anytime...really helpful. Nice moral boost for everyone.
    Whether you like it or not, you can't generalize eating habits and their effect on the body like that.
    Peoples bodies are different. What works for one, might not work at all for others.

There really are persons out there that don't have to watch their energy intake at all.
    I most certainly don't do it. I weigh myself once a week out of paranoia that something does creep up on me, so I can recognize the trend and take action before it becomes a problem, but it just doesn't happen. (So far^^)

I do however know people that have a religiously executed diet and it doesn't help them at all. They need to exercise ON TOP of that diet to lose weight.
    And then there are people that eat whatever they want but only have to do a bit of sport to stay where they want to be.

I only posted because I am annoyed by generalizations (in either direction) that are flat out wrong.

Nice moral boost for everyone.
    What does morale have to do with the problem at hand?

Edit:

For the record: I eat pizza once or twice a week. I wouldn't recommend more of that stuff because high (animal) fat content = fun with cardiovascular disease when old. But I eat those 2 pizzas whenever I please (referring to daytime of consumption).
    Last edited by Granyala; 2013-02-26 at 05:24 PM.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Reporting in again...

A bit over a month has passed since my last post and I'm down to 120kg now

So all in all since the start of January I've lost almost 15kg!
    Most likely at least 1/3 of that is water-weight (I'm a big man so my 5kg of water weight would be around 2-3kg on a normal-sized person, or around that).

Regardless, I can definately see a change. My belly has gotten smaller and I'm starting to get pretty fit again. I can actually do sports for long time periods without going terribly out of breath :P My gym-results have gone up a lot, too... Though I havent been doing any heavy lifting in almost 2,5 weeks now but focused on cardio instead.

10 more kilos to go for my target-weight of 110kg. Perhaps even 105kg (at which point my abs should start becoming visible) before summer-vacation in June

Just for the record I'm a 6'5 (196cm) "ex-athlete" (junior national-level ice-hockey up to 19 years old and some 'murican football for a few years after).

I think the least I've weight during "adulthood" was around 99,5kg during the army. But I was skinny as hell back then and lost quite a bit of muscle-mass during my time there.
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2013-03-07 at 08:41 AM.