Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What dps spec, in your opinion, takes the most skill?

Go at it folks, express opinions. Keep the flame down & the trolling to a minimum. Keep the discussion lively & respectful and we can have an intelligent discussion here.

Present your ideas, if you disagree please provide feedback why.

I'll start.

I haven't played every single dps spec since MoP but of the ones I have (windwalker, affliction/demo lock, enhance/ele shaman), I think enhancement or affliction warlock would take the spot.

I can't make a poll, because 15 options, maximum of 21 total dps specs. So have at it.

depends honestly....you want good dps really fast? or wanna learn how to manage CDs? or an actual hard rotation?

for an actual hard rotation? there really isnt ..just watch what abilities fell off the boss and dont clip. for CD management...go for the shamans both are equal in this department..no dont debate that..because i know none of you will actually make a class to equal gear and test that.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Enhancement was really hard to skillcap back in the days, but at the end of cata it was kind of faceroll
    Miss my old enhancedays ...
    And Sub in Cata was amazing, just played an alt but in some bursty fights i could outdps anything they threw at me :3

But currently ... I don't know, playing Mistweaver now and loving it and havent touched dps in raids yet.

Offtopic, how is enhancement shamans doing atm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mistweaver/brewmaster I suppose? I miss the Wotlk feral druids though
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    to the OP i would say demo is much harder to play than affli. i cant comment much tbh because i dont have experience with enough classes, but moving from a frost DK for the last 2 expansions, affli and demo are much harder and the reward is more fun and great numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Mistweaver/brewmaster I suppose?
    Mistweaver is healing and Brewmaster is tank, and I believe he was looking specifically for DPS specs. But on those, brewmaster is a easy rotation and requires less micromanagement then other tanks, just sorta keep as much mitigation buff uptime as possible. Haven't tried mistweaver at all.

On topic, as far as the specs I've played so far this xpac, I'd have to say Demo is up there, not necesarily for having a large rotation(because it doesn't really) but more for the fact that with demo being a toggle type ability which turns your mana costs into Demonic Fury costs and having to pool your fury to line up with cds as well as keeping Doom which is only in demo up and not overcapping your fury. I have not personal tried it yet because my druid is mainly healing but the talent Dream of Cenarius is from what I understand top dps, if you can manage to weave it in correctly, which adds a decent amount of difficult to the rotation. And personally thats what I see difficult coming down to nowadays, being able to master unnecessary details to pump out that little more.

As far as previous xpacs, I'd have to agree with other posters, sub in cata and feral in wotlk were decently difficult with high reward if you could pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    depends honestly....you want good dps really fast? or wanna learn how to manage CDs? or an actual hard rotation?

for an actual hard rotation? there really isnt ..just watch what abilities fell off the boss and dont clip. for CD management...go for the shamans both are equal in this department..no dont debate that..because i know none of you will actually make a class to equal gear and test that.
    Just an fyi! This isn't a thread about what to roll next, this is purely a discussion. I've already got my 11 character slots filled.

And to answer your question, a hard rotation & something that sets you apart from being very low to very high.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfists View Post
    Arcane Mage
    The current non-Scorch version, yes.

Deleted
    Demo lock is what i find the most difficult of the 11 i have.

I don't know what to say, some people mention warlock, I play a lock since forvever, so I don't think I have a problem

But recently been playing a warior ..and FUUUUUUUUUUU

definitely not mistweaver or brewmaster

Deleted
    For me it feels like classes/specs that use any source other than mana are bit harder to master. (when it comes to melee)

For example, mana as a resource for ret/enh is just non existant. it's just there to limit their healing potential.

can't say much about casters, have only played mage so far in mop and find it to be quite relaxing, apart from derp runes.

You miss this? =D
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2013-02-15 at 12:08 AM.

I'm told that Sub Rogues are harder to play than most, but I've never tried it. Prefer the fluidity of Combat's CDs even if the spec is mind-numbingly boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixxy View Post
    The one I play.
    This.

It takes a lot more effort and practice to become what I'd consider a great or "pro" player for a class, but picking up any of them is pretty easy. (Blizzard made it that way on purpose.)

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    For me it feels like classes/specs that use any source other than mana are bit harder to master. (when it comes to melee)

For example, mana as a resource for ret/enh is just non existant. it's just there to limit their healing potential.

can't say much about casters, have only played mage so far in mop and find it to be quite relaxing, apart from derp runes.

You miss this? =D
    I cant stop laughing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post

You miss this? =D
    That picture made me laugh so hard I think something detached in my stomach hahaha

I have only played retri, enhancement, affliction and demonology and the hardest out of them are enhance. So many spells...

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral druid

Bump for anymore possible discussions =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McLockhart View Post
    My money are on the Sub rogues back in DS. You had a spec which you could not practice unless raiding since you had to rely on procs from Honour Among Thieves. The rotation should, from what I've heard also have been quite unforgiving if you made a single mistake. But GOD the spec did pull some high numbers.
    100% agreed with this man