Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Whats the problem with garrosh?

People seem to hate garrosh, but why?

because he is a bloodfrenzie maniak? thrall was a some1 who used his brain. the only word/think garrosh knows is slash

also use google/search functions of the forum.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...arrosh-so-much

from both my search on the forum and google...

Deleted
    I like Garrosh, he seems pretty badass to me and its nice to see him do some evil shit. FOR THE HORDE!

10+ Year Old Account
    He was pretty inoffensive in TBC, and became a massive tool in Wrath. Then he got a lot better thanks to Heart of War/The Shattering/Cata, which painted him as a pretty flawed anti-hero/anti-villain with a lot of potential. He could have gone both ways from there.

Then he became a genocidal tyrant complete with WMDs and a personal Gestapo, Christie Golden likened him to Hitler, and Blizzard told us that we're going to depose him for being too evil. Go figure.

"What's your beef with Garrosh?"
    "I don't like his attitude!"

Honestly, though, I'm not a fan of his current attitude or actions.

Pretty sure as an alliance player I'm not supposed to like the leader of the horde.

Deleted
    but its war?

Because that's exactly the way Blizzard is painting him and wants you to feel towards him; he's the foil to Thrall, who was becoming a bit of a Marty Stu character by Blizzard's own admission.

He's acting brash, impulsive, and bloodthirsty in his decisions and actions and allowing egregious, warmongering thirst for power to cloud his judgement. He also treats his allies, such as Sylvanas and Kael'Thas with little to no respect. They're setting him up for a big fall but time will tell if he'll undergo any character development or any huge realizations before he becomes a raid boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something about his face just pisses me off...

I just hope to see the Darkspear as warchief

Now I know Blizzard is portraying the attack on Theramore as cowardly with the use of the mana bomb, but.... um, how? It's a bomb. Bombs are used in wars. Why is this surprising? Is it because the bomb was a projectile? Does that make everyone who shoots anything a "coward?" If not, what's the difference? Usually, people condemn big bombs being used on cities because of the incredibly high civilian death count that would follow, but all the civilians had left Theramore. Only the combatants remained. It was mentioned in the book, "Jaina Proudmore: Tides of War" that being killed by a mana bomb is especially painful, but I'm pretty sure getting killed by swords, daggers, axes, fire, shards of ice, diseases, and all the other things players use to kill their enemies hurts a lot anyway. And judging from the book, it sounds like those killed by the bomb died rather quickly (contrary to biological and chemical weapons outlawed in real life, as they're not only painful but don't kill immediately). The parallels to the "WMDs" we know of being drawn to the mana bomb Garrosh used just aren't very strong. It's war, after all. Garrosh played the Alliance like a fiddle at Theramore. I'm no fan of Garrosh just because of how headstrong and reckless he is in general, causing discord within the Horde, but what happened at Theramore is A-Okay in my book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making Garrosh Warchief was a mistake, there was a huge outcry & now people get what they want. Its the same cycle with everything bascially.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    People seem to hate garrosh, but why?
    I find it hilarious when someone asks this kind of question. Its like.. what, have you purposely been ignoring everything happening in the story of late?

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 10:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hailstorm View Post
    I like Garrosh, he seems pretty badass to me and its nice to see him do some evil shit. FOR THE HORDE!
    The problem is, people sadly confuse what is badass for what is a good thing. Calling Garrosh badass is like calling someone killing themselves with crack addiction badass.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-02-14 at 10:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    but its war?
    Even in war there are lines that arn't crossed.

Garrosh hasn't just crossed those lines, he's bridged it with the bodies of both Horde and Alliance, and then danced Gangnam style on top of them.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Making Garrosh Warchief was a mistake, there was a huge outcry & now people get what they want. Its the same cycle with everything bascially.
    Like a shitty politician who claims to represent something the people want, but only use that as a tool to get into power and then screws everything up.

Because Garrosh used his brain

...as payment for dinner once
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

If anyone geniunely doesn't know what the problem with Garrosh is, go study 20th Century history. Particularly the 30's and 40's period. You'll notice a lot of very obvious parallels.

And comments like "Its war" don't justify it. Not even close. War has rules, and if you ignore the rules then you forfit your own rights.

All I'm saying is, come Seige of Ogrimmar, all the Garrosh fanboys better get used to hearing "Its war" as a responce to their whinings when Garrosh's horde is burned to the ground by the Alliance and True Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    He also treats his allies, such as Sylvanas and Kael'Thas with little to no respect.
    Wrong Blood elf there although that would make for an interesting setback!
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel his story has been too inconsistent since he was introduced.

Because of his shitty storytelling. He was a trainwreck since the very beginning