Thread: Lei Shi dagger

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    For the people who have upgrade from the 480 daggers, how much dps will I be adding when a big boy weapon drops?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexra View Post
    For the people who have upgrade from the 480 daggers, how much dps will I be adding when a big boy weapon drops?
    Depends on your gear. shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com can give you a better idea than we can.

Quote Originally Posted by eijin View Post
    i didnt think about that.. thats very true.

I remember trying to explain to the guild how the LFR lei shi dagger was an upgrade over my HM SG dagger x.x; (while we progressed on HM sha).
    Yea, that 500 agi goes a long way. From my understanding, new weapons will still be able to equip the prismatic socket (this is just going from what people in guild have said, I have not looked or seen anything), however with no new sha weapons, this dagger will last for quite a while. I imagine combat will be the first to replace it with higher weapon damage, but probably not until we start banging on Orgrimmar's gates. People who haven't been fortunate enough to get it in time to upgrade it will likely be replacing it sooner, but the main weight of it is going to be the sha gem, and 500 agi is quite a benefit to have in your stat stick slot.

It does show rather poor forethought from blizzard, as i imagine all dual-wield classes will be in the same boat. I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow figured out a way to not let us use sha weapons, though i don't know how they'd do it.

Quote Originally Posted by burnout View Post
    Yea, that 500 agi goes a long way. From my understanding, new weapons will still be able to equip the prismatic socket (this is just going from what people in guild have said, I have not looked or seen anything), however with no new sha weapons, this dagger will last for quite a while. I imagine combat will be the first to replace it with higher weapon damage, but probably not until we start banging on Orgrimmar's gates. People who haven't been fortunate enough to get it in time to upgrade it will likely be replacing it sooner, but the main weight of it is going to be the sha gem, and 500 agi is quite a benefit to have in your stat stick slot.

It does show rather poor forethought from blizzard, as i imagine all dual-wield classes will be in the same boat. I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow figured out a way to not let us use sha weapons, though i don't know how they'd do it.
    I am going to have to disagree with this. You will be upgrading your weapons far sooner than org. In fact in normal mode. While the 500 agi is nice it is not that great to pass up higher wep dmg.

And just as an example of what I was saying here is normal spiritsever with two upgrade:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86391

And now the new normal daggers from ToT:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=94788 - 5th boss of ToT

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=94971 - 10th boss of ToT

With the sockets you are basically looking at about a 300 agi loss. As opposed to an almost 1000dps gain on the weapon damage on each dagger. And once you would have 2 of one or the other it would be an even smaller loss of agi. And those are just the normal mode ones not even Thunderforged versions which will be even higher. Granted at a lower drop chance.

When saying this, i was considering BiS, therefore a twice upgraded heroic Spiritsever, which I do believe will be lasting us at least long into this tier.

Offhand weapon damage does not beat out agility, especially not in assassination. Looking at shadowcraft, a non upgraded LFR spiritsever with a sha gem is better than a heroic Spiritsever with 2/2 upgrades and no sha gem. Thats a 483 beating a 517, 34 ilvls of weapon damage, over 1000 weapon dps.

That all being said, I had not looked at the next tier's gear, I will submit that the red socket with the agi socket bonus might make a heroic Iron Qon's Boot Knife better than a 517 Spiritsever, but I believe they'll be fairly close

Deleted
    Same here, wasted like 30 chances of loot on that damn boss probably.
    The problem is tieing the Legendary reward to a 100% random and rare weapon, plus Lei Shi loot table is simply horrible, far too many items.
    WTB some kind of additive chance... I wouldnt mind spending 2 months if I'm guaranteed to get something.

I have the heroic version of that dagger...on my priest, nice for xmog

Quote Originally Posted by burnout View Post
    When saying this, i was considering BiS, therefore a twice upgraded heroic Spiritsever, which I do believe will be lasting us at least long into this tier.

Offhand weapon damage does not beat out agility, especially not in assassination. Looking at shadowcraft, a non upgraded LFR spiritsever with a sha gem is better than a heroic Spiritsever with 2/2 upgrades and no sha gem. Thats a 483 beating a 517, 34 ilvls of weapon damage, over 1000 weapon dps.

That all being said, I had not looked at the next tier's gear, I will submit that the red socket with the agi socket bonus might make a heroic Iron Qon's Boot Knife better than a 517 Spiritsever, but I believe they'll be fairly close
    I would imagine the same, 517 spiritsever lasting for quite long time for assassination (and subtlety?). Combat is going to be the first one to pick up off-hand upgrades.

I've personally been quite lucky with weapon drops, hopefully my streak keeps going on in throne of thunder aswell. Best of luck with loots to fellow rogues aswell!

Deleted
    The dagger is going to last a lot especially for an Oh. The bonus are like 660 agi+ 10% stats(Buff +leather bonus_+) are above 700 agi. And since we talk about Weapons. Well dont know how boost would be but the agi+ is going to pass the weapon dmg from another off hand.Especially since we talk about Assa/Subtely spec.

I'm doing Lei Shi every week even using bonus loot but yeah, no drop.