Deleted

HK-51 for lvl 25+ DPS Assassin?

Unlocked HK-51 on my lvl 50 Trooper (loved the quests and all), but well, there's really not much I can use him on now except for dailies. Which I run mostly with groups to save time.

So I was wondering about unlocking him for my (currently) lvl 24 Assassin to accompany him through the story. Tired of Khem too :P And gear is not an issue since my Assassin has Cybertech so I cluld just keep crafting gear for HK. But my Assassin is DPS, and as I remember with my DPS Trooper, in second half of the game I couldn't really use DPS Jorgan anymore, the game was not as forgiving about using "wrong" companion. Or maybe I just wasn't good enough lol ;P

So is it worth at this point at all? Will my Assassin really need an "appropriate" companion (tank/heal) later on and wouldn't use HK evben if unlocked or is HK so much better than other companions that I can take him for the ride?
    Last edited by mmocafc5faf701; 2013-02-15 at 12:18 AM.

Well as for gearing HK you don't need to. His gear scaled with each level even if it says it don't, so no need to get gear for him. I unlocked my HK for all my alts to level with, in some scenarios I would like some healing, else the HK is just fine

Quote Originally Posted by zaiid View Post
    Well as for gearing HK you don't need to. His gear scaled with each level even if it says it don't, so no need to get gear for him. I unlocked my HK for all my alts to level with, in some scenarios I would like some healing, else the HK is just fine
    His gear doesnt scale. What you saw scaling were his base stats. When I leveled with him I thought this at first. I started to equip droid armor quest rewards and he started owning faces almost immediately.

I'm Cybertech on my level 26 trooper so I've been making gear for him (and buying cheap stuff on the GTN for the slots I can't make). On my first two 50s, I used my healer companion and nothing but since I unlocked them because it was practically necessary. On this character, however, between HK and my trooper's DPS, we kill things so fast that we don't NEED heals. It's amazing.

However what Zaiid said is not true, his gear does not scale. He will be essentially naked if you use him as-is on a sub-50 character.

If you are lvl'ing as DPS your better off sticking with the tank companion as you know the mobs are going to start hitting harder soon and this is more noticeable when your a Light armor dps. If you were tank spec then yeah stay with HK but your not.

Deleted
    thx guys, decided to skip unlocking him. Will just do his quest series again after I hit 50 on my Inq, and use him on both my Trooper and Inq on Makeb (and hopefully future story content too)