Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    All Elder Scrolls, Diablo 3, all HALO's well any shooter that is a fuckfest of herpaderp 9 bullets to kill you.

Anything BioWare makes.
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Everything you just wrote made dead people turn in their graves.

Anyways, Super mario bros takes the trophy. Repetitive story, linear gameplay and daft characters. Yet millions of children played and praised this garbage for years and years back in the 90's. No, but really the Resident evil franchise. So much fanboism has elevated the series well above what it deserves.
    You are the only person on earth, ever, that looks for any kind of story or character progression in Super Mario Bros. Bravo and thanks for the laugh.

But seriously, While the gameplay may seem linear, it's the level design and platforming in those games that make them so great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nmarez View Post
    well those who say CoD prob never played CoD2. Yea sure new ones suck hard but CoD2 had no upgrades, basic weapons, no kills streaks and other BS - skill was the matter.
    I played cod 1, cod 2, and cod 4.
    I only liked cod 1 somewhat because it had health bars. And cod 4 was terrible with the perk system. Aiming down the sight slow shooters are crap imo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trops View Post
    You are the only person on earth, ever, that looks for any kind of story or character progression in Super Mario Bros. Bravo and thanks for the laugh.

But seriously, While the gameplay may seem linear, it's the level design and platforming in those games that make them so great.
    I was actually joking ^^ I loved Super mario bros ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Final Fantasy 7. People orgasm over the very mention of the name, while I hated it. I loved, and adored Final Fantasy 8. It is one of the greatest games i've ever played.
    I still find opinions so facinating when it comes to enjoyment, I would rate FF8 as maybe the worst game to ever come out but loved FF7!

Overrated games:
    Minecraft
    CoD
    Every single dota style game
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Diablo 3 becuase the content was far too repetitive and the main story was too short.
    Farcry 3, Beautiful environment and extraordinary story but yet again the main story was too short and there were no alternate side quests that provided some sort of story as a compensation. It was fun at first, it was easy to get into but eventually it just become too easy. I mean the value of equipment drastically reduced after a couple of hours because we had access to everything immediately it felt like. Overall it was a good game however with more potential.

The CoD and Battlefield games are the first ones that spring to mind. I'd also say Diablo 2; I honestly don't understand how people can prefer that to Diablo 3. D3 is better in every single way, a vast improvement. I tried my best to play D2 but I couldn't get past the second act. On normal. If a game doesn't engage you by then, there's something really wrong.

To compare, I've gotten 2 characters to level 60 in D3, and almost cleared Inferno act 4. Will get around to doing that someday I think. But yeah: that game, far better.

Can't think of any other games atm, but I'm sure they'll spring to mind eventually.

Deleted
    An overrated game is a game that most others like but you dont like.

So Diablo 3 isnt that qualified, because almost no one think it is good. Over hyped YES. Over rated? No.

Overrated:
    Guild Wars 2 - Everyone is so in love with that game, but it is nothing new. Great graphics but just same old, same old. WoW but less things to do.

Minecraft - Yes it was a bit fun at the start, but I really cant understand how everyone loves it so much.

(Not a game, but an expansion)
    Mist of Pandaria - Everyone loves the graphics, and it is great for a eight year old game, but for a game of today? Have people even tried another game that came out 2012 or later and still think Pandaria looks good? Its like playing on a Nintendo 8 bit. The quests are more or less the same we have had for eight years a part from a couple of "look from an other persons view quests".

10+ Year Old Account
    final fantasy 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

Quote Originally Posted by UnC View Post
    Underated as a whole.
    Take that back immediately you scumbag douche.

<Infracted>
    Last edited by Azuri; 2013-02-15 at 02:12 PM.

Diablo 2

the most overrated game of all times.

Diablo series. I was never able to understand what do people find attractive in repetitive and mindless minion killing. I have always seen it as WoW raids where the only thing you do is clearing trash. I guess H'n'S games are simply not for me.

TES series. Boooooooooring. Storyline sucks, gameplay sucks, I guess graphics were always the top of the town, though, considering it's open world. Again, I figure I'm not cut for playing sandbox games.

DotA2, yeah. "OMG IT'S SO BALANCED AND FOR PROS ONLY, GO PLAY LOL NOOB" - basically what every DotA fanboy says. Obviously the fact that balance is achieved by giving every hero OP skills that make fights last 2 seconds doesn't matter. It's sooo balanced, noob. Obviously the extreme clunkiness (is that a word? :P), that makes you feel like you're playing with 300 ms ping, is intended and you should also go L2P if you don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I still find opinions so facinating when it comes to enjoyment, I would rate FF8 as maybe the worst game to ever come out but loved FF7!

Overrated games:
    Minecraft
    CoD
    Every single dota style game
    How is Minecraft and CoD overrated? They basically say, "here is a lego game for when ur bored" and "here you got a game where u run around and shoot dudes".

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 12:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mechaclone View Post
    To OP put up a poll with multiple choice, wanna see some statstics
    There are too many games.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 12:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Melt View Post
    Diablo 2

the most overrated game of all times.
    Perhaps it was extraordinary for its time, I never played it but everyone that did has great memories it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Final Fantasy 7. People orgasm over the very mention of the name, while I hated it. I loved, and adored Final Fantasy 8. It is one of the greatest games i've ever played.
    Different strokes. I've played 7-13 (and a few before that), and I can safely say without a doubt I disliked FF8 the most. The reason I liked FF7 was mostly due to the lore behind it, which is the main reason I liked FFX so much as well.

I could write paragraphs about it, but I'll just leave it at that as I'm sure nobody cares :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'll probably get crucified for saying this but...

Warcraft 3
    I KEEL YOU!----WarCraft 3's great, dunno why you think it's overrated..
    I think StarCraft is Under-rated tbh. Needs as much attention as WarCraft.
    Howay the lads!

Quote Originally Posted by Melt View Post
    Diablo 2... probably the most overrated game of all time.

People obviously spent 12 years playing it! And every second of those 12 years was awesome and they had sex with the game and they had so much fun with it and blablablablablabla
    Don't be silly.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Was contemplating world of warshit and shitlife but I omitted those.
    Wow you really are cool!....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Wow you really are cool!....
    Thanks. I love you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Thanks. I love you.
    I bet you hate other mainstream things as well. Like air, food and kittens