Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Elder Scrolls 4, Grand Theft Auto 4 and BioShock.

Deleted
    Diablo 3 was a big disappointing for me.

How can people seriously consider Skyrim a big failuire? For me it was one of the greatest game of all time. It was well made and had a unique atmosphere. Beside the story was amazing and you do have infinite possibilities to spend your time - and lets not forget the music/backgroundsound.

Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    Elder Scrolls 4, Grand Theft Auto 4 and BioShock.
    No words... no words..
    Last edited by mmoc5f651aac41; 2013-02-15 at 10:54 AM.

Deleted
    To OP put up a poll with multiple choice, wanna see some statstics

Deleted
    Star Wars: The Old Republic
    Minecraft

Diablo 3, Skyrim, Grand Theft Auto 4.

I personally don't udnerstand why people say Halo and Gears of War? Those game series are one best I have ever played.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q: When do hunters get to tame druids?
    A: Right after druids get a hunter form.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yours is the second post after the OP and the OP said he thinks D3 is overrated.

mkay?
    truly. as in. it fucking sucks. and everyone knows it.

10+ Year Old Account
    ff7. ff8 was way better, for me anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by -nevan View Post
    I think he was mad at the OP for thinking D3 is overrated.
    "over rated" means scores of people thinks its the shit but on a personal basis...its shit. and no one really thinks its a great game.

im getting the feeling people are mixing up over hyped and overrated.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know if you could really call Diablo 3 overrated cause I dont think I have seen anyone really give it a great review lol. The best I've gotten is that its fun for a run or two. But I've never heard, read, or seen anyone gush about it being an amazing game. *shrugs*

My choices would be:
    Oblivion, Admittedly I only played it on the 360 but I just found it...idk, clunky. I enjoyed a lot more of the story and lore aspects of it than actually playing it lol. Had it just purely been a book I think it would have been better. I actually really loved Skyrim

Final Fantasy 7 I have played every FF game and while 7 was good, I dunno that I would even put it in the top 3 best FF games. Maybe top 5. I honestly just don't get the Cloud/Sephiroth orgasms. Its totally over my head lol.

Street Fighter lol. I know this is an odd choice, but I have always just been a Mortal Kombat kind of guy and I get so bored with Street Fighter. Ive heard how its "the most balanced fighting game ever made" and other crap like that, but whatever. Its not as satisfying as Mortal Kombat to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Call of Duty
    Call of Duty
    Call of Duty
    AND Call of Duty.

I'm getting tired of hearing everybody go on about this game. The whole series is recycled, even more than WoW. It's imbalanced, ugly, and there really isn't anything interesting that sets it aside from other shooters.

The kill streak system is illogical... That's basically saying "Hey! This person is already getting a lot of kills! Why don't we just hand them MORE?!" I don't understand the thinking behind that. It just makes matches become imbalanced and pointless.

Their "custom class" tool is hardly custom. From my experience, every single CoD has had those 2 or 3 guns that everybody uses because they are simply better than lff of the others. It really makes customization a joke.

Now, what about zombies? When I ask people why they play CoD, half say it's because of zombies. I don't understand how a mini game is enough to sell a FPS. Especially a mini game that isn't as good as other zombie games (L4D.)

That's just my personal opinion.

Deleted
    1. Pro Evolution Soccer Series after 2010
    2. FIFA Series before 2010
    3. SwToR
    4. GW2
    5. Borderlands 1 and 2
    6. Saints Row after the first

1 Angry Birds (soo booring)
    2 Skyrim just bad.. so bad..
    3 Diablo, so u wanna do this 4 times? done? ok..

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

10+ Year Old Account
    SWTOR
    GW2
    Moba games

The only few I can think of right now that really stand out.

All of the Fable games. Being Fable 1 the worst. And it's the fault of Peter Molyneux himself aswell. Overhyped and overrated. I still enjoy the game, but it's not that great as everyone always said.

#1 Minecraft (lego but creeper instead of your brother breaks everything, big whoop)

#2 Skyrim (only played about 2 hours and dropped it)
    Last edited by Cybran; 2013-02-15 at 08:57 AM.

I don't think a lot of the people here know what overrated means. For a game to be overrated you would have to think that people have an undeservedly high opinion of that game.

For example, in the context of this thread, FF7 and D3 aren't overrated, because everyone that's commented on them has expressed dislike in one way or another. And I think that's the opinion of most users on this forum that have an opinion on those subjects. There's very few people here that will call D3 good, and from the various Final Fantasy threads I've seen, 7 rarely makes it into the top 3 for most people.

Final Fantasy 6 is overrated. I don't believe it's as good as most people tell me it is.

Deleted
    I'd have to say FF7. It's a good game, don't get me wrong. It just isn't this legendary piece of work like a huge amount of people say.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I don't think a lot of the people here know what overrated means. For a game to be overrated you would have to think that people have an undeservedly high opinion of that game.

For example, in the context of this thread, FF7 and D3 aren't overrated, because everyone that's commented on them has expressed dislike in one way or another. And I think that's the opinion of most users on this forum that have an opinion on those subjects. There's very few people here that will call D3 good, and from the various Final Fantasy threads I've seen, 7 rarely makes it into the top 3 for most people.

Final Fantasy 6 is overrated. I don't believe it's as good as most people tell me it is.
    The thing is there is not nearly enough people on this forum to reflect the entire gaming community. Also, people on these forums tend to complain a lot, and I mean A LOT. Doesn't really it a reliable source for this kind of statement.
    Last edited by mmoc9bca5565b2; 2013-02-15 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trops View Post
    I'd have to say FF7. It's a good game, don't get me wrong. It just isn't this legendary piece of work like a huge amount of people say.
    What people? I'm really curious, because on every forum I've ever been on most people have shared your opinion. And your opinion makes no sense to me if most people share your opinion. It would only make sense if your opinion was in the minority.

Edit:To give you an example, I watched a marathon on twitch.tv called Awesome Games Done Quickly. During the marathon, people would donate for various things. And I believe it was at the previous AGDQ, (not the one from a couple weeks ago, but the one before that) where they had a part where they let the viewers decide which Final Fantasy would get ran via donations. They said, "vote for the best Final Fantasy!" and 6 won by a landslide. And there was like 70k people watching this stream.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2013-02-15 at 09:08 AM.