Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...38:96385:96561

The set I made. A comfortable 16k spirit with potential for more if needed and 8.6k mastery. At 14.5k spirit I've been having hardly any mana issues (1/12H, 12/12 normal). It may even end up I start reforging out of spirit with the way it's going. Other healers in my guild are saying they only want to be at 14k spirit. I think people here may be way overestimating how much spirit you want.
    Last edited by Lumineux; 2013-03-15 at 04:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineux View Post

The set I made. A comfortable 16k spirit with potential for more if needed and 8.6k mastery. At 14.5k spirit I've been having hardly any mana issues (1/12H, 12/12 normal). It may even end up I start reforging out of spirit with the way it's going. Other healers in my guild are saying they only want to be at 14k spirit. I think people here may be way overestimating how much spirit you want.
    I'd still go with off-chest, because if you find you don't need the spirit when you get to Ra-den, you can replace it with this one.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=95036

or even the chest of Jin'rokh
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=96388

Set I made using the Jin'rokh chest and tier legs with the other items in your set resulted in 9030 mastery and 16168 spirit(while gemming for the sockets on the new items using zens).
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-03-15 at 05:38 PM.

Nice find! I like it!

Deleted
    Generally speaking, until you can sustain only doing radiance, shock and eternal flame why would you want to cut spirit?

10+ Year Old Account

The way I see it and have always played, if you aren't running oom at the end of the fight, you aren't healing enough. As the boss dies, you should be close to oom. Once I have an idea of the fight, I am able to burn mana, regen during down phases, burn, ect. I mean even when there are phases of low damage or none, you can always preemptively blanket the raid to build up mastery bubbles or have hots funneled to the tank for smoother spike damage. I'm going to stick to having a lot of spirit because it only means I am able to heal that much more. I won't HAVE to play conservatively. I may start using color appropriate gems for bonuses and additional secondary stats when I hit around 15k+ but I do well with a lot of spirit and plan to stay that route.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

Quote Originally Posted by Yzyz View Post
    The way I see it and have always played, if you aren't running oom at the end of the fight, you aren't healing enough. As the boss dies, you should be close to oom. Once I have an idea of the fight, I am able to burn mana, regen during down phases, burn, ect. I mean even when there are phases of low damage or none, you can always preemptively blanket the raid to build up mastery bubbles or have hots funneled to the tank for smoother spike damage. I'm going to stick to having a lot of spirit because it only means I am able to heal that much more. I won't HAVE to play conservatively. I may start using color appropriate gems for bonuses and additional secondary stats when I hit around 15k+ but I do well with a lot of spirit and plan to stay that route.
    I'm not playing conservatively at all and my mana has been fine at 14k spirit. It doesn't make any sense to keep stacking up regen when you could instead go for throughput stats. A fight only lasts a finite amount of time and it's only possible to use so much mana in that limited amount of time. If you're just spamming when there's not even anything to heal then that's just wasted stats and ends up being tons of overhealing. How much do you expect your shields to preemptively absorb for when your forgoing a shit ton of mastery for spirit that you don't even need?

I believe in your philosophy too, if I'm not oom or near oom at the end of a fight, I didn't do enough healing. The thing is, I'm finding myself using my mana very liberally and still ending a fight with too much mana left over and also being top or near top of the meters. Why would it make sense at all to keep stacking spirit at this point when I can stack more mastery to have stronger shields or more intellect for more powerful spells AND still be comfortable with my mana?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not playing conservatively at all and my mana has been fine at 14k spirit. It doesn't make any sense to keep stacking up regen when you could instead go for throughput stats. A fight only lasts a finite amount of time and it's only possible to use so much mana in that limited amount of time. If you're just spamming when there's not even anything to heal then that's just wasted stats and ends up being tons of overhealing. How much do you expect your shields to preemptively absorb for when your forgoing a shit ton of mastery for spirit that you don't even need?

I believe in your philosophy too, if I'm not oom or near oom at the end of a fight, I didn't do enough healing. The thing is, I'm finding myself using my mana very liberally and still ending a fight with too much mana left over and also being top or near top of the meters. Why would it make sense at all to keep stacking spirit at this point when I can stack more mastery to have stronger shields or more intellect for more powerful spells AND still be comfortable with my mana?
    Any preemptive absorb is better then 0 absorbs any day. I don't mind overheal. I never understood why people think it's such a terrible thing. If I am able to put out a 15-25k bubble (or more if it has time to build) on everyone before damage goes out and mitigate some of it, this makes everyone's life easier. Not to mention all the HoT funneling to a tank which smooths out the spike damage a bit and almost makes focusing him completely unnecessary. While a fight only has a finite amount of time, your mana consumption is only limited to that of your highest costing and fastest ability spammed throughout the entire fight. Even then, haste then comes into play as an additional variable, but that's getting too in depth. That mana consumption number is so far beyond our reach that it should never be considered in gear choice. There is just no way you could reach it in current gear. Until you reach that point, spirit is never "wasted". It's weight would diminish after a certain point though and I will agree with you there. But, we don't know at what point that secondary stats weigh more then spirit. All of this is subjective though. Too many factors play a roll that can skew results. Group composition, length of time, talent of other raiders, CDs, ect.

All in all though, to each their own. If you do well and still ending a fight with too much mana, then by all means, find more use out of secondary stats. Personally, I still find it much more beneficial to stack my spirit. Maybe it's the group make up or talent difference in our guilds (11/12 here). I'm only at a 506ilvl but I still parse fairly well with my spirit stacking. We will see how heroic difficulty plays in to our stat priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyon View Post
    Is it me or the set bonuses aren't so attractive?
    Which part of the the 5 items set you think its the best to leave out?
    Ugh, I too find the tier set bonuses so unattractive this time around.

Deleted
    Tier bonuses should be pretty good if you can support replacing all single target heals with holy radiance and use eternal flame over sacred shield.

I'm still trying to figure out the normal and heroic BiS trinkets. I found this link on RPPM thanks to my raid leader:

http://plg.uwaterloo.ca/~rwking/Anal...0Mechanics.pdf

Its taking me a while to get through.

Thoughts anyone?

should also mention if you are going a balanced build following socket colors for extra mast+int or if you 2 heal a ton of stuff in 10s and are going spirit in everything imaginable since the trinkets are different. for balanced im planning on Horridon + Lei Shen int trinkets

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Well it isn't, and I'm as confused as you, but I've not done Garalon w/o kiting in a couple months now, although my Mastery hasn't really changed since then
    I always kite at Garalon as well, and Mastery is always my highest there, followed by Eternal Flame, and Beacon. I'm really not sure how it can't be in your case. The shields will always get used due to the constant raid damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzyz View Post
    I go with socket bonuses but I agree, having tried even a few additional heroic modes (besides Jin'rokh) there is a huge difference in mana usage after that fight. At 13.3k spirit I have hardly any mana problems on any of the normals or on "heroic" Jin'rokh, but it goes downhill pretty quickly.

I can see later fights (Ji-Kun, Megaera, Primordius, etc.) being massive mana sinks also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korosive View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out the normal and heroic BiS trinkets. I found this link on RPPM thanks to my raid leader:

http://plg.uwaterloo.ca/~rwking/Anal...0Mechanics.pdf

Its taking me a while to get through.

Thoughts anyone?
    http://shamannebula.wordpress.com/20...et-compendium/

This gives a nice idea of what the available trinkets weights are. To me, looks like Stolen Relic and Lightning Imbued. This way you get a ton of int and spirit. Tough to say for sure though and if anyone else has more information, please post it.

Deleted
    The BiS trinkets are going to be Horridons Last Grasp + Lightning-Imbued Chalice or Stolen Relic of Zuldazar. If you need the mana the two best trinkets might actually be Horridons Last Grasp + Spirits of the Sun as Stolen Relic could be pretty terrible.

I do know for a fact that Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn is awful and probably not worth using at all unless you have heroic thunderforged vs normal spirits of the sun or something along those lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    The BiS trinkets are going to be Horridons Last Grasp + Lightning-Imbued Chalice or Stolen Relic of Zuldazar. If you need the mana the two best trinkets might actually be Horridons Last Grasp + Spirits of the Sun as Stolen Relic could be pretty terrible.

I do know for a fact that Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn is awful and probably not worth using at all unless you have heroic thunderforged vs normal spirits of the sun or something along those lines.
    Stolen Relic is not much better than Hydra-spawn and will probably be only good to have for a fight where there is a lot of tank damage. The stacks just really aren't reliable enough to count on. Its a bit better with the hotfix but still not very reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Yau View Post
    Ugh, I too find the tier set bonuses so unattractive this time around.
    Ranked west 11th over all and 9th pally in the t15 set on Heroic Jin' rokh the breaker. I like it so far.

Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=6475#Lantêrn

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%AArn/advanced
    Last edited by Lantern214; 2013-03-20 at 05:35 AM.

My current goal in gearing up would be grabbing the 4set together with Lei shen's chest piece.
    Trinketwise it should be like the last tier; passive intellect with mana restoration until you can substain your mana income high enough in which case you can switch to output trinkets.

I've got a few nice rankings even tho my gear sucks - you can clearly see the gemming choice tho;
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fuyne/advanced

Tend to prefer going for socket bonusses if they are intellect or spirit.
    As of now I hardly had mana issues (other then on HC Horridon so far) but I will most likely switch to full spirit gemming if it starts to cause problems.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2013-03-20 at 06:48 AM.

Deleted
    Lantern214

Nice up for you Beacon of light. You have Lightning-Imbued Chalice, can you upload a wol (LFR, nm or HC) for check the healing done by this trinket ? Thank you =)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiines View Post
    Lantern214

Nice up for you Beacon of light. You have Lightning-Imbued Chalice, can you upload a wol (LFR, nm or HC) for check the healing done by this trinket ? Thank you =)
    I'll try to tonight. On jin i had the Will trinket with Sun which worked out for the best.