Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumiines View Post
    Lantern214

Nice up for you Beacon of light. You have Lightning-Imbued Chalice, can you upload a wol (LFR, nm or HC) for check the healing done by this trinket ? Thank you =)
    I actually passed on that trinket for our monk. It amounted to like 2% healing on heroic Jin'rokh, so 698746 over 6minutes with 50.8% overheal.

If you were expecting more from this trinket, you gonna get hurt reallll bad. Before the trinket buff, this trinket was giving around 300K with some random spikes to 600K or 400K in a few logs I was looking at (up to 7 minute fights). With the buff this trinket has now officially become the Holy Trinket of Overhealing that it was destined to be.

Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    If you were expecting more from this trinket, you gonna get hurt reallll bad. Before the trinket buff, this trinket was giving around 300K with some random spikes to 600K or 400K in a few logs I was looking at (up to 7 minute fights). With the buff this trinket has now officially become the Holy Trinket of Overhealing that it was destined to be.
    Needs to be a smaller heal but with only say 4 stacks of power needed to proc.

Just out of curiosity, how can a trinket that heals "the most injured nearby party member" generate a significant amount of overhealing? Is the party member the most injured or not?

This trinket hits on 506-510 (transition from T14 to T15 gear) for >90K at 6 stacks (and there is no way to release the healing before 6 stacks). Everyone in the raid is injured by ~50K, this guy is injured by 70K. 20K/90K is considered overhealing. Furthermore, this trinket can crit. Another way thats not extremely likely but certainly possible that someone (even yourself) can heal this most injured person person between the time the trinket procs and the trinket heals this person.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I felt the shield trinkets would of been better. That heal could proc at the worst possible time and go straight to overhealing or be on an ICD during an AOE damage phase. Still having a hard time figuring out which 2 I want >.<

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

Quote Originally Posted by Yzyz View Post
    This is why I felt the shield trinkets would of been better. That heal could proc at the worst possible time and go straight to overhealing or be on an ICD during an AOE damage phase. Still having a hard time figuring out which 2 I want >.<
    Lightning-Imbued Chalice actually doesn't have an ICD. But on the absorb trinket point, the bag of hydra spawn is about the worst of the 4 in my opinion except for maybe a restoration shaman for the spirit for mana tide as the absorb is random. Although The stolen relic procs near its estimated 3 PPM the healing from it is quite low. I think the LIC and Horridons are decent LIC because it scales with SP and it is by nature a smart heal rather than a random pick. The overhealing mostly comes from the fact that voidspark pointed out early in that the heal is pretty big (normal being around a critical holy shock). Horridons seems to be giving decent mana currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lightning-Imbued Chalice actually doesn't have an ICD. But on the absorb trinket point, the bag of hydra spawn is about the worst of the 4 in my opinion except for maybe a restoration shaman for the spirit for mana tide as the absorb is random. Although The stolen relic procs near its estimated 3 PPM the healing from it is quite low. I think the LIC and Horridons are decent LIC because it scales with SP and it is by nature a smart heal rather than a random pick. The overhealing mostly comes from the fact that voidspark pointed out early in that the heal is pretty big (normal being around a critical holy shock). Horridons seems to be giving decent mana currently.
    I actually coin rolled the Horridon's Last Gasp and I am actually pretty pleased with the mana return from it. I will say the proc rate is abysmal though. I didn't know the LIC didn't have an ICD. I don't know though. The overhealing of the Chalice is meh but it heals for a considerable amount. The shield from either the Stolen Relic or Bag of Hydra Spawn will always be used first but they aren't as strong. Does the shield absorb amount scale with spellpower as well?

I actually coin rolled the Horridon's Last Gasp and I am actually pretty pleased with the mana return from it. I will say the proc rate is abysmal though. I didn't know the LIC didn't have an ICD. I don't know though. The overhealing of the Chalice is meh but it heals for a considerable amount. The shield from either the Stolen Relic or Bag of Hydra Spawn will always be used first but they aren't as strong. Does the shield absorb amount scale with spellpower as well?
    No only the LIC scales with spellpower.

Quote Originally Posted by muglia View Post
    Tier bonuses should be pretty good if you can support replacing all single target heals with holy radiance and use eternal flame over sacred shield.
    god I hope for your sake you weren't actually using sacred shield as a healer. Eternal flame ftw.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 10:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Vale View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how can a trinket that heals "the most injured nearby party member" generate a significant amount of overhealing? Is the party member the most injured or not?
    If it procs when every1 is around full HP.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2013-03-22 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineux View Post
    Doing my own comparisons I found using the off set legs instead of off set chest gave a lot more mastery and I was at a comfortable 16k spirit. Do you really think 20k spirit is necessary? It seems very excessive, especially when other healers are not aiming for such high numbers. You're sacrificing a lot of mastery, which is almost 35-40% of our total healing on fights and scales crazy good right now.

I can't post links but I also switched out some other pieces. I use Refreshing Abalone belt, Lightning imbued chalice (over Stolen Relic, haven't heard much on the numbers of either trinket anyways), Necklace of the Terra-Cotta Mender, Ro'Shak's Rememberance, Petrified Eye of the Basilisk, Bonemender Bracers and Ice Scored Treads.

Sometimes I don't think an extra gem socket is worth losing 400 or so mastery. Just seems silly and like I said earlier, aiming for 20k spirit just seems really excessive.
    I'll be sticking with straight spirit stacking until I have no mana problems, at which point I will NOT start changing my gear/reforging out of spirit and into another secondary stat, but change my flask to intellect instead of spirit. Int > any secondary stat 1 to 1 once mana is not an issue. If I switch flasks and still have no mana issues, then I will consider different gearing options that stray from spirit.

Right now I'm wondering when to break my 4 set T14 for T15 normal. I have one piece of T15 sitting in my bags but lately I've been passing T15 tokens to everyone else unless I'm the only one who still has yet to pick one up. Heres my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...shinner/simple

I'm seeing alot of Hpallys still running with their 4 set, unwilling to break it in favor of T15. The T15 2 and 4 set to me seems pretty lackluster without item upgrades in the game. We run a EP/GP system and I'm wondering if it would be better to just pick up all my non set pieces and wait until we hit Heroic content and then pick up the Heroic tier to replace my normal 4 set. Any thoughts on this?

Personally I wish item upgrades were still in game, I would pick up Heroic T14 and fully upgrade it and wear it until 5.3 with item upgrades for ToT gear. >.<

Any thoughts/suggestions on this would be really appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korosive View Post
    Right now I'm wondering when to break my 4 set T14 for T15 normal. I have one piece of T15 sitting in my bags but lately I've been passing T15 tokens to everyone else unless I'm the only one who still has yet to pick one up. Heres my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...shinner/simple

I'm seeing alot of Hpallys still running with their 4 set, unwilling to break it in favor of T15. The T15 2 and 4 set to me seems pretty lackluster without item upgrades in the game. We run a EP/GP system and I'm wondering if it would be better to just pick up all my non set pieces and wait until we hit Heroic content and then pick up the Heroic tier to replace my normal 4 set. Any thoughts on this?

Personally I wish item upgrades were still in game, I would pick up Heroic T14 and fully upgrade it and wear it until 5.3 with item upgrades for ToT gear. >.<

Any thoughts/suggestions on this would be really appreciated.
    Only problem is that you are wearing normal T14. You are potentially losing a ton of stats just from the ilvls alone. The T15 set bonuses are a bit lackluster in comparison but I don't know why you avoid them. The Lightning Emperor's Mantle and Lightning Emperor's Headguard both have mastery making them BiS over nontier which gives you the 2 piece by default. The chest lacks spirit so the Lei-Shen's Grounded Carapace is the most attractive in terms of a pure spirit build for max regen. But for a combination of regen/thorough put stats, I would go a different route.

Item upgrades will come back in 5.3 which doesn't seem too far down the road so if you can hold out till then, you will have your wish. Although, I don't believe that grabbing your H t14 4 piece is a walk in the park. It was only the last tier :P Sha and Empress will still pose a challenge and I think it will be hard to convince your guild to give up ToT progression to go back for a few pieces.

So imo, I wouldn't break the t14 set bonus until you can flip immediately to t15 4 piece. T14 can't last forever so we might as well get used to healing without it again.

So imo, I wouldn't break the t14 set bonus until you can flip immediately to t15 4 piece. T14 can't last forever so we might as well get used to healing without it again.
    One of the smartest things said

Deleted
    When to change from T14 to off pieces or T15 obviously depends on stat gains and which fight it is. On heroic durumu T14 is better than anything else, even if you only have lfr pieces. On all other fights you probably want to replace it when you gain arround 1.5k spirit from changing (and obviously other stats too). T14 is insanely strong but as Yzyz said we need to learn how to play without it.

They shouldn't have given us this bonus so early. Playing with 4pc feels how fast HP generation should have always been. Having to play two tiers without it is going to feel ugly.

Deleted
    got stolen relic of zuldazar yesterday, and i was quite underwhelmed by it. Used on cd mostly on tanks, it absorbed a whopping 300k on iron qon for example. 0.3% of my healing. stay away from this garbage until they up the ppm for it.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2013-03-26 at 10:00 PM.

Deleted
    So I changed the BIS list. Although I wouldn't take it as gospel. I'm only on 1/13 25man HC. Some people just prefer stats over others. I've personally changed my healing around this tier.
    I've been sitting on 14.5k spirit and I never go oom with current raid setup, using Glyph of Divinity and Divine Plea unglyphed, on cd. Plus I'm also using an Intellect flask/food rather than Spirit. Although when on more intense AOE healing fights, I think 16k spirit, 2 set T14 and 2 set T15 is the way to go.

I'm still using the T14 4set until I can get T15 4set.

When I first heard about what the T15 4set bonus on beacon, I started beacon swapping so I could get used to it. Even without the T15 4 set bonus, beacon swapping is insanely effective

I read an interesting post about getting 3506 haste for an extra tick of Eternal Flame, before going mastery. Totally worth checking out.

Eternal Flame spamming with the extra tick + beacon swapping to whoever has the lowest hp...suffice to say, they have 100% in very short time. I beacon swap every time it comes off CD!

If anyone can log the new hotfix
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Lightning-Imbued Chalice now has a greatly increased chance to generate Infinite Power.
    Last edited by mmoc96113274a1; 2013-04-01 at 01:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think going for the EF breakpoint is worth it. If every fight had consistent raid damage (like garalon) so that every EF tick was used, maybe; but right now there are many fights where EF blanketing is honestly not the best way to go.

Also....that cloak!!
    Too bad we can't get it until 5.3, correct?
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-04-01 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sononeknows View Post
    I'm still using the T14 4set until I can get T15 4set.

When I first heard about what the T15 4set bonus on beacon, I started beacon swapping so I could get used to it. Even without the T15 4 set bonus, beacon swapping is insanely effective
    What is every one else doing for this? I am feeling the same way about the T14 set bonus. I saw a significant drop in healing done after switching to a two piece T15 along with some non-tier off pieces. I am in this weird position of having some old raid finder pieces that create my T14 4 piece because my raid just never sees any conq token drops. One would think the stat gains from all of the T15 pieces (at a minimum of 1k gain in every stat) should more than make up for the that T14 EF blanketing. It did not for me and I am back to rocking two LFR T14 pieces ahha.

What is your strategy for the beaconing? Have you just glyphed for no GCD and macroed it in before a specific helaing spell you cast? Obviously direct healing beacon does nothing, but if you have a few EF rolling and you only set it up to be done on a specific spell...? Do you just watch frames more closely to figure out who is needing the beacon? It's a very foreign concept to move that beacon off of a tank, but that is the only way I see this tier bonus being of any value.
    Last edited by Nioso; 2013-04-01 at 04:42 PM.