10+ Year Old Account

DK "Reroll" For 5.2 - Preplanning?

I am looking to change mains for T15, maybe permanently (gonna miss all my mog but meh) from Warrior to DK. She's DW Frost right now, 489 ilvl, with a normal Jaws 2/2 upgraded. I still need to get the Valor for the legendary questline, and my guild isn't raiding much until 5.2.

I am looking to be VP capped for 5.2 so I can get the 522 neutral valor stuff right away (if that's how it works, probably doesn't). Also looking for advice on going from Fury Warr after, what, 4-5 years to DW/2H DK. I know the stat priorities (Haste>Crit>Mast for 2H, Mast>Haste>>Crit for DW) and rotation/priority but am hoping to get any advice I can to get higher DPS and iLvl before 5.2. Can't really hope to get to my current main's level for MS, and don't feel like pulling teeth in PUGs this late in T14.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dmaws/advanced from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...slash/advanced . Not going to change the mining/secondary proff, maybe for engineering if anything. Thinking I will replace my belt ASAP and my trinkets, then get rid of the LFR tier. I haven't looked through all the VP gear and raid drop stuff yet really.

PS If anyone knows good QUICK DK mogs let me know, preferably Fallen Crusader kind, I have the Crystalforge set mix and a mix of DK and Pala T10H 25 items currently. Not looking for any once a week with multiple other people needed to get it sets, or any BC raid gear armor sets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I am looking to be VP capped for 5.2 so I can get the 522 neutral valor stuff right away (if that's how it works, probably doesn't).
    From what I've seen it doesn't work like that... Looks like it goes from 476-496-522 so I'm assuming most of the neutral valor gear will be either 476 or 496 (496 seems more likely, who wants 476 ffs?! Prob misread it). I think it was mentioned somewhere that getting 1 boss kill (?) would raise your rep to the first line of reputation rewards but could be mistaken.

This late in the game you could do worse than buying the "bloodforged warfists" as they're sill the best gloves you can get outside heroic modes (unless you're breaking 4set) and, OFC the 2/2 upgraded dark moon trinket is still awesome. Supposedly 5.1 LFR gear should drop a lot more in 5.2 and, seeing as you're well above the 480 ilvl requirement for the new LFR (when it opens) the new 502 gear ain't to be sniffed at (still annoys me slightly that 5.2 LFR will have significant upgrades over my 496 stuff but hey-ho)

In terms of transmog stuff... IIRC some of the wotlk dk sets can be bought in Dalaran for honor (check the blacksmith) and soloing naxx25 (minus gluth) is fairly easy giving you access to tier pieces and recolours of the DK starter gear, the red one looks awesome! Might want to find an awesome pole arm transmog just in case you get lucky with bo'ris (or whatever it's called) in 5.2 then you can stand out from the crowd :-D

Can't give you many DPS tips as you seem like you know what you're talking about and all the websites you've likely checked will say it better than I can - just make sure you're using your DD/FF on howling blast - not obliterate (unless you have to in order to clear unholy runes) as DW, which I'm sure you already know but you would be surprised how many DKs don't seem to know DW has changed since cata.
    Last edited by mmoc0cdb03e806; 2013-02-15 at 09:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well on the bright side you can go blood dk and solo prior content on your own for xmog gear. Even more so after the next big jump in ilvl come 5.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the warfists in my bank but they'd break 4 set so that's a no go.

When I did Uld 25 soloing on my Warr it took 13 minutes to kill some bosses in full DPS gear, and if I died at the very end I'd have to do it allll over again. Are bosses faster/easier as Blood? I have done some simple stuff like OS 25 and 25 Naxx (Thank God Thaddius dropped legs on 25 first kill...) and know good DKs could solo their way to full Pala T12 in FL. I don't really feel like taking 15 minutes to kill 1 boss ever again while solo. Worst one for that I tried on her was Vashj (damn corrupted cores, despawned ele = lol 1 more minute).
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    From what I've seen it doesn't work like that... Looks like it goes from 476-496-522 so I'm assuming most of the neutral valor gear will be either 476 or 496 (496 seems more likely, who wants 476 ffs?! Prob misread it).
    All the new 5.2 Valor gear will be 522 iLevel, not sure where you got the 476/496 from? Wouldn't make any sense to add new Valor gear that's lower iLevel than the original Valor gear, or barely above it.

This news thread shows you all the new Valor gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaelen View Post
    All the new 5.2 Valor gear will be 522 iLevel, not sure where you got the 476/496 from? Wouldn't make any sense to add new Valor gear that's lower iLevel than the original Valor gear, or barely above it.

This news thread shows you all the new Valor gear.
    That news thread shows you all the new Valor gear from the Shado-Pan Assault.

The valor gear from the Kirin Tor Offensive and the Sunreaver Onslaught start at 476 for gear available at Honored, and go up to 496 for gear available at Exalted.

I do agree that it serves no point if there are 522s available from Shado-Pan Assault at Neutral reputation, but that's where the numbers came from.

The point he is referencing is Shado Pan drops 522 gear that is available at neutral (a neckpiece). To be neutral, at least on the PTR, you just need to do a single quest line.

Therefore, if you go into 5.2 with at least 1250 valor you will immediately have a 522 neck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, friendly with Shado Pan which isn't hard to get, will offer new 522 trinkets, both dps and tank.

Are bosses faster/easier as Blood?
    I'm sure blood is needed for most of the Cata content, there are several guides on blood dk soloing on this site and others with good tips. Youtube is great for this as well.
    Last edited by Laroux; 2013-02-15 at 05:57 PM.