Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I made the switch from RS to WoW in Fall 06, and I'd definitely play it again if they brought the old servers back. Just looked my old character up: Total lvl 2105, 99s in Att/Def/Str/HP/Magic/Ranged/Cooking/WC/Fletching. God, I remember at one point being 65th in Fletching because I pretty much doubled what you needed for 99. I remember reading about the trading changes and thinking it was about the most retarded thing I'd ever heard. Being able to give sets of full black armor away to people, and other small stuff like that, was a pretty fun part of the game. I can see why people say the community is full of nothing but bots and assholes now.
    Last edited by kumduh; 2013-02-16 at 05:39 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh the nostalgia when I used to play this game back then... However, my account has been inactive for sometime now and no membership so couldnt vote however 105k votes atm on their site
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    Just looked my old character up: Total lvl 2105, 99s in Att/Def/Str/HP/Magic/Ranged/Cooking/WC/Fletching. God, I remember at one point being 65th in Fletching because I pretty much doubled what you needed for 99.
    Uhh yeah, I heard that everyone's gonna start from scratch when the servers open

I'd be perfectly OK with that.

Hope the vote gets up to at least 500k

Deleted
    I thought they reverted most of those changes anyway? Wilderness player killing should be back, grand exchange should be optional etc.

But even though I don't play that game any more and probably never will, I think it's good. There should be more popular games out there that don't hold players hand and restrict them to set an example. Not being able to do anything and being forced to just grind PvE, quest and play PvP minigames (where everything is regulated) makes any MMO a bit dull. I really hope this trend goes away soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will play it if it gets enough votes. I have too many memories on that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I don't know where this number spawns from but 2010 Runescape hit 200 million registered accounts and going by 2009 interview they had 8.5 million active subscribers.

...no, just no. They never had that many active accounts. I can imagine the registered accounts being that high due to the rampant botting they allow, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    ...no, just no. They never had that many active accounts. I can imagine the registered accounts being that high due to the rampant botting they allow, though.
    You can bring that up with JageX. 8.5 active subscribers is the number they gave at the time.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember starting in 2005. Will be cool to see it come back, but I ain't paying for membership to vote.

I quit 2005 or 2006...

I remember all the hate , when I was PK leader for "The" JR's , when I left 'The" 10 times to PK, came back, drama drama, and last time I left it was for DI, oh and I also where in RSD ( The new one not the old original! ) , how hated DS was, how "nohonor PKin" was

How people cried about people "Luring" people into multi zones ( Me one of them crying people XD )

Gosh so many memories......

Deleted
    I don't know where this number spawns from but 2010 Runescape hit 200 million registered accounts and going by 2009 interview they had 8.5 million active subscribers.
    They never had 8.5 million active members, which means they paid for it, they was at around 1 million at their peak, don't confuse F2P active accounts with actual subscribers. Its probably a lot lower then that with the direction the game have been taking lately. I find it a bit funny they are even mentioning the 750k milestone when you need to be a member to vote and they do not have 750k members.

Edit: added source.
    http://services.runescape.com/m=news...illion-members
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2013-02-18 at 09:45 PM.

Deleted
    I would love to see the old servers back, i remember when i started 2005. I played the game in two years before i subscribed to WoW. I've so many memories from Runescape.

Should the poll be successful, anyone who votes will get their first month of old school RuneScape for free, regardless of the level of polling. This means a paying now to vote is also paying for your first month's subscription to the 2007 service.
    I would certainly like to see old school Runescape once more and if get one month for free when the servers are back up, then that's enough for me.

You can bring that up with JageX. 8.5 active subscribers is the number they gave at the time.
    It appears you don't understand the difference, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    It appears you don't understand the difference, honestly.
    And you're full of bullshit. I simply used the same terms JageX used in their 2009 interview, word to word, when they discussed the subject. You are free to bring it up to them whetever they use the right terms or not but don't come here insulting my understanding.

They never had 8.5 million active members, which means they paid for it, they was at around 1 million at their peak, don't confuse F2P active accounts with actual subscribers. Its probably a lot lower then that with the direction the game have been taking lately. I find it a bit funny they are even mentioning the 750k milestone when you need to be a member to vote and they do not have 750k members.
    Most I said in the text above suits this one as well.

Oh, and the interview I've been touting about:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=363178

Now you two, feel free to go and argue about definitions of a word with Mark, I'll stick with statements they've given.

With a bit of googling there was also later clarificiation to the exact number:

MMG: "To clear up any confusion on this matter I want to confirm that our Unique Active Player stats for the proceeding 14 Days from Monday the 11th Feb was actually 8,229,459!"
    Last edited by Wilian; 2013-02-19 at 02:00 PM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Now you two, feel free to go and argue about definitions of a word with Mark, I'll stick with statements they've given.
    Did you ever read the actual source rather then just the forum post?

"RuneScape, the longstanding free-to-play MMORPG, now enjoys over 8.5 million active subscribers. One of those subscribers has played the free edition of the game for over 13,500 hours."

"Just to give you a sense of scale, the free game has got over 13,500 hours of gameplay to it; we know this because that’s how much time our most-dedicated free-to-play player has spent on the game so far, and that person has still not maxed out all her skills."
    This is the part that leads me to believe that they mean just active players with subscribers, not actual members as they call him a subscriber yet is mentioning him as a f2p player along with saying a subscriber have played the free edition for over 135000 hours.
    Jagex have also always reffered to paying customers as members rather then subscribers.
    Source: http://www.develop-online.net/featur...s-Mark-Gerhard
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2013-02-20 at 12:06 AM.

And you're full of bullshit. I simply used the same terms JageX used in their 2009 interview, word to word, when they discussed the subject. You are free to bring it up to them whetever they use the right terms or not but don't come here insulting my understanding.

Most I said in the text above suits this one as well.

Oh, and the interview I've been touting about:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=363178

With a bit of googling there was also later clarificiation to the exact number:
    Yeah, active players. Not subscribers.

Still didn't understand, did you?

I'm pretty hyped. Hope 250k votes gets hit though.

It only costs ~1.30$ for a new accounts membership. If you're interested I recommend voting. You get the first month free if you vote, too.

Deleted
    260k votes now? I'm surprised.. but they got rid of the 750k votes margin that promised free servers as well.

Or actually nevermind, it's still there in fine print

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    Read into its a huge cash grab

50K to bring it back AND you still need to pay $15, screw that.
    500K is needed for it to be free, which runescape doesn't even have.

Don't waste your time with this stupid stuff.
    It's 750k to make it free and Runescaoe definitely has over 1m members at least.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 10:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post

Edit: added source.
    http://services.runescape.com/m=news...illion-members
    The news article is 5 years old, not very relevant anymore. They did lose a lot of accounts, not all members though, with the EoC update but they're peak isn't 1 million subs.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 10:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    260k votes now? I'm surprised.. but they got rid of the 750k votes margin that promised free servers as well.

Or actually nevermind, it's still there in fine print
    It's not 750k anymore? Even better, but I doubt we'll reach 500k anyway though.

10+ Year Old Account
    So apparently the old runescape is live now for sub payers, caught my sister playing it last night.. I resisted subscribing to play it, Today I cannot resist. Too many memories, time go to relive them!