Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
    Let me answer your question with another question - Does it matter if it's fair?

PVE and PVP work totally differently.

Let's look at the extreme - - - what if... all characters are automatically outfitted with full maxed out PVP gear upon reaching max level.

In that situation, do you think PVE'ers would then beg for the same? I doubt they would actually want to take the gear aspect completely out of PVE.

You ask for equality, yet when it comes to the extreme, you wouldn't want it any more.
    I think the OP just wants the game to be fun. If you take anything to the extremes chances are it isn't going to be fun. In MoP the valor grind is pretty ridiculous. That compounded with the really bad LFR loot system, means that chances are really pretty good you wont see anything, if it's your lucky day you may see a drop that you don't need. Actually getting drops that you can use becomes some what of a chore, and when you are running all the appropriate LFRs only to see nothing week after week, it is pretty easy to understand how it can lower motivation. I don't think a system that sucks people will to log on away from them is good for the long term of the game.

You are forgetting that a toon can go from 0 gear to full HC tier in 1 week. This is not doable in PvP.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 10:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    95% of the PvP players thinks the current PvP system is terrible, but good thing if you think its good !
    97% of people also think that the PvP system in WoW is the best they have seen in an MMO

89% of people make up statistics on the spot with no proof whatsoever

See how easy it is

Deleted
    This topic was discussed in MOP Beta when Blizzard stated no valor gear could be bought in MOP,the valor gear would be used for items upgrading.

No need to tell they changed their mind but the reasoning behind this,really dangerous,change was that World Of wacraft is,and probably will be, a game of slaying big mean dragons and loot their corpses for reward.

The concept of a magical store shop where you can buy rewards eliminates the excitement of killing an evil 7 yards Mogu because if you can predict when and how youre gonna get a reward theres no:"Boss dies,cross fingers my items drops...Yaiiiii!!!!!! Sha Weapon !!!!!".

Now think about it,randon numbers example:theres no loot,every boss gives 100 vp,you need 1000 vp for your item.The first boss of raid dies...do you even care? Yeah you care because you get 100 Vp but theres absolutely zero excitement,you know what you get(100Vp) you knew you couldnt get any reward and thats all,9 bossed later you head to the magical store and buy the item.

RNG could be a bitch on short term but the current gearing model makes you enjoy more of every kill and honestly this is the way it is,it is the way it was and theres a high chance if any change is made is to eliminate the valor rewards whose purpose is just fill the holes that RNG creates not getting full sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Primi View Post
    The concept of a magical store shop where you can buy rewards eliminates the excitement of killing an evil 7 yards Mogu because if you can predict when and how youre gonna get a reward theres no:"Boss dies,cross fingers my items drops...Yaiiiii!!!!!! Sha Weapon !!!!!".
    It more works other way around. Oh we killed boss! It dropped some crap for DE -.- Well, we are done with content, why waste time on farming DE mats, when we can just buy them on AH.

PvE needs reliable system of rewards. If I will do PvP according to program, I will know that at Xth week(+-2 - according to some things like personal rating and capping on RBGs) - I will be set with gear. In PvE - 10 weeks later you can still never see your drops (esp. on 10-men) or you might be geared for 2 specs in 1 week (which means RNG bad-sided with other people in your raid).

Best solution would be to make raid only currency, which you can spend on any boss drop (provided you killed that boss before) and any trash drop. It would also solve all problems like competition over loot and never-seeing some drop for some slot for entire expansion (healing shields for us in Cata).

They're too completely different systems. There's no reason for the two methods to be the same.

It's also worth noting that the objectives between the two play styles are completely different. You don't (at least, I don't) PvP for better gear. I PvP for rating. I'd rather have normalized gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    They're too completely different systems. There's no reason for the two methods to be the same.

It's also worth noting that the objectives between the two play styles are completely different. You don't (at least, I don't) PvP for better gear. I PvP for rating. I'd rather have normalized gear.
    In that case, why not just stay in a 450 set? Your playing a game where end game is the same for PVP and PVE. You progress your character through better gear. Either through killing a harder NPC or another player. Its the same.... fight/kill/gear.

Both require you to play your toon, know your class and beat the opponent. The gear is required for both PVP and PVE. If your in 450 contenders and they are full Elite, you should just /bow and die gracefully!

"Let me answer your question with another question - Does it matter if it's fair?"

I would imagine anyone playing a game for fun would like it to be fair....

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 10:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Valor point rewards for 5.0 and 5.1 epic items will have their cost reduced by 50% and 25%, respectively. How is that not a form of catchup?
    Thats a cost reduction... PVP are being given a proper mechanic to keep their total conquest on par for when ever they jump in and start pvp for the season.
    PVE, if you dont start it from day 1 your never getting a VP catch up.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 10:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Memnarch View Post
    I will say only one thing. Let's say you raid every week and go on a lucky streak of drops. This means that your character could be finished with his gear in 3-4 weeks. Isn't this unfair for the pvp guy who will still has those weeks you mentioned above to farm? Also in PvE you can get your weapon from day one. In PvP you have to wait at least four weeks. And another important factor is that in this tier a PvE player could much more easily spend his valor on upgrades than a PvP player, because he could get more than half his gear from boss drops.
    Agreed! Yet another fine example of the disparity between the two systems. Thank you.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 10:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    PvP gear is PvE viable so it's just as fast to gear up. There's nothing stopping you from getting both and gearing up as quick as you want.
    Yes. But what if you only enjoy PVE? Hence this is a game meant for fun.

There's nothing stopping you from getting both and gearing up as quick as you want. There is actually, PVP yes nothing stopping you. PVE is random chance... so if luck is not on your side that a big thing stopping you.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 11:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aixiz View Post
    Difference is you cant get drops for PvP gear, while you use valor points for PvE to buy gear that wouldn't drop for you ( the way it's intended). Means you have two sources of gear for PvE, while only one for PvP. Now; does it still take 24 weeks to get fully geared?
    You can get PVP drops from SHA.
    As you said, Does it take 24 weeks to gear up PVE? Yes if you win nothing but failbags. Bringing me back to my contention with this gearing model.

10+ Year Old Account
    rng is sucky and needs to die..however the point system isn't much better as it allows you to work out long it will take...when you realize something will take 8+ weeks to acquire and there is nothing you can do to shorter than gap, well it hardly incites excitement and enthusiasm does it >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcinder View Post
    You are forgetting that a toon can go from 0 gear to full HC tier in 1 week. This is not doable in PvP.[COLOR="red"]
    Tell me please how to achieve that

I say let the PVPers have their gear as welfare. Equal gearing is more important in PVP since you're pitting each person's gear against everyone else's. I prefer the more interesting PVE gearing anyways, even if a few of the odds and ends (rep grinds) make it more work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Tell me please how to achieve that
    Get carried through the current heroic raids and have everyone pass loot to you... is that not obvious? >.>