Thread: Haemorrhoids

Haemorrhoids

So, since I left High School like, 5 years ago, I've done next to zero exercise, worked, played WoW, gone to Uni, walking around Uni and work is the most I've done basically, maybe hopped onto a treadmill once or twice, it's only recently, ie. the past month or so that I've actually got back into doing consistent running and weights exercises (used to do Triathlon in High School, so I was pretty fit), I haven't really put on any weight or lost any since HS, just stayed the same, the problem is, apparently all my bad habits are catching up, and I seem to have developed some mediocre external and internal haemorrhoids, I haven't seen my doctor about it yet, but I've been planning on it some time, I saw him a few months ago, but there wasn't much blood coming out at the time, now there's blood nearly every time, it's only afterwards though, on the toilet paper, bright red (fresh) blood.

I've been drinking plenty of fluid and doing my best to increase my fibre intake, but it doesn't really seem like there's much change, including all the exercise I'm doing, so my question is, what should I do about this, I'm planning on seeing a doctor eventually anyway, but do I just keep on with the increased fluids/fibre and exercise and they'll eventually start to recede, or is it likely I'll need outside assistance, ie. medicinal products.

Ty for any help.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

A few things could cause this. You might be pushing hard enough to pop blood vessels in there and that will cause spotting. Though if its heavy and every single time you drop a bomb, get off your computer and go to the fucking doctor you idiot, it could be more serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I suffered from internal hemorrhoids for upwards of three years. It got so bad I was afraid to poop and stopped eating- oh I was just in my 20s at the time.

I went to the doctors and they have me two types of things- a cream and a 'internal' steroid. The steroid actually worked it reduced the pain enough were I relaxed to go more naturally. I used it about 4 days before I felt major relief. I then used it sporadically over the course of 3 months.

My problem was Celiac Disease and about 5 months after being gluten free no more pain. NONE i mean going from feeling like someone was knifing me to nothing.

Fair warning- a lot of people go up your ass. I went to no joke 5 different gastroenterologists plus other doctors, nurse practitioners,etc. Get used to it fast if you want to be comfortable again. Dont wait for them to go away on their own.

Oh, get wet wipes. sound stupid much Charmin wet toilet paper is your friend.

I use to get these... then I learned how to breathe when squatting.

Deleted
    If there is blood on the toilet paper you go see a doctor. End of discussion! That shit doesn't go away naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    If there is blood on the toilet paper you go see a doctor. End of discussion! That shit doesn't go away naturally.
    It does in some cases. Mine did.

Quote Originally Posted by Osyrus View Post
    Well, I suffered from internal hemorrhoids for upwards of three years. It got so bad I was afraid to poop and stopped eating- oh I was just in my 20s at the time.

I went to the doctors and they have me two types of things- a cream and a 'internal' steroid. The steroid actually worked it reduced the pain enough were I relaxed to go more naturally. I used it about 4 days before I felt major relief. I then used it sporadically over the course of 3 months.

My problem was Celiac Disease and about 5 months after being gluten free no more pain. NONE i mean going from feeling like someone was knifing me to nothing.

Fair warning- a lot of people go up your ass. I went to no joke 5 different gastroenterologists plus other doctors, nurse practitioners,etc. Get used to it fast if you want to be comfortable again. Dont wait for them to go away on their own.

Oh, get wet wipes. sound stupid much Charmin wet toilet paper is your friend.
    Hmm, that gluten free thing sounds worrying, hopefully it's not that and it's just my poor diet, booking in for the doc's on Monday so I guess we'll see how we go, and yeah, I'm a tad worried about them having to go up there, mostly because it's awkward as it is with whatever it is up there, without more stuff being prodded around O.O

Also, this wet toilet paper deal, I live in Australia, so I don't think we have this Charmin brand here, are they just like regular packaged baby wipes? Or like what are they? I suppose I'll ask my doc that as well.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

10+ Year Old Account
    go paleo, eat some raw salads and plenty of fat/sat fat, meat that is unprocessed (fish is great), don't take laxatives or excess fiber. Also eat yogurt/other probiotic sources like sauerkraut. Once you're regular, the swelling will decrease

Deleted
    Having the same issue even tho it got better after a while of exercises and eating more healthy. Its been like 1 year since i first noticed it. It did hurt a lot when it first appeared. So much that i thought about using pain killers but the pain eventually faded. Its just internal, it doesnt bleed and it only hurts a little for a few hours after i shat. Sometimes it doesnt even hurt afterwards.

I never really wanted to visit a doctor because of that and im not really sure if i still need to. Been doing a lot of different exercises for a while now and eating stuff like oat flakes, some fruits, vegetables, poultry and fish.

Any experiences on how long it could take to get rid of those haemorrhoids?

Quote Originally Posted by derp singed View Post
    Having the same issue even tho it got better after a while of exercises and eating more healthy. Its been like 1 year since i first noticed it. It did hurt a lot when it first appeared. So much that i thought about using pain killers but the pain eventually faded. Its just internal, it doesnt bleed and it only hurts a little for a few hours after i shat. Sometimes it doesnt even hurt afterwards.

I never really wanted to visit a doctor because of that and im not really sure if i still need to. Been doing a lot of different exercises for a while now and eating stuff like oat flakes, some fruits, vegetables, poultry and fish.

Any experiences on how long it could take to get rid of those haemorrhoids?
    Around 3 weeks for me.