Having a hard time on 2v2

Hi guys

Well, I guess I just want some inputs, some tips if possible. I do read a lot, watch vids, try to improve, but my arena experience has been frustrating overall. I mean, I know i´m not very good, so I´m not aiming very high or anything like that.

When I say "my arena experience" I mean me (destro lock) and my friend, a Warrior (arms), doing some 2v2s.

Right now I´m geared half malev (with upgraded weap, trinket and head I think) and half upgraded dreadfull. My friend warrior is 1 or 2 pieces short to be full malev. So yeah I know I need to be full geared to get a better notion of things, but right now, near 5.2, I think I´m gonna go for upgrades instead of getting malevs.

I do very well in BGs, but on 2v2s is really hard for me, when I get focuses at the start is pretty much GG, when they go for my friend we can pull some wins cause I get some freedom, but its still a struggle lol. We usually end up with a 1/1 win/loss ratio. My friend plays well, so I figure is mostly my fault.
    I´m new to arenas, is 2v2 usually very frustrating for locks or am I just even worse than I thought? lol

It may help a bit more if you link an armory or tell us what talents you are choosing. I have the same issue even as a Full Malev/T2 geared lock running double DPS which is why I only really run with healers when I do 2s since my issue isn't lining up a kill against another healer/dps team, my issue is living vs teams like Hunter/Warrior, Feral/Anything, or any double melee for that matter. In 5.2 we will be getting 10% passive dmg reduc from all damage which will help a bit, but without seeing your spec/gems/etc it is hard to tell what you may be using that is wrong to try to live longer. Other then that the only thing I can say is to try to get a gateway every match and make really good friends with your drain life keybind (Not so much as Destro though since Ember Tap is just better).

Hello friend. Here is the link.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Rooster/simple

And yeah it is very hard to stay alive, usually we face hunters, warriors, mages. It is very rare for us to see a warlock on the oposite team, and usually when we see it, I tell my friend to go for the lock and we usually get an easy win lol

Against healer+dps is the ones we struggle the most

I try to get a demonic gateway every match but usually they don´t let me. I use my macro for dark regen+ healthstones, I use my portal, I use dark bargain, try to fear them away from me but still, if they come for me, I don´t last much.

Well first of all your gear isn't the best, as well as your resilience is quite low.

Secondly, and most importantly, warrior/warlock is an all around terrible comp to play in 2s. Not to mention 2s is a terrible bracket for us regardless.

My best bet would be to play with either a mage or a healer. You can get pretty high with either of them. With a mage you'll have to rely on him doing the most in the game, but with a healer the setting up to a kill is mostly up to you.

So I guess there´s not much future for me and my friend on 2s. If I could get a friend healer than we could try 3s.

But anyway, if you guys could give me some tips, for instance, on these examples:
    When we face double dps melee/range, who do we go for it. Or when it is 2 melees. Or when it is a healer and a dps.
    What are the ways a destro lock/warrior can try to get the best of these situations? I mean, what do you guys usualy do? If by any chance some of you are crazy and play this comp too lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    So I guess there´s not much future for me and my friend on 2s. If I could get a friend healer than we could try 3s.

But anyway, if you guys could give me some tips, for instance, on these examples:
    When we face double dps melee/range, who do we go for it. Or when it is 2 melees. Or when it is a healer and a dps.
    What are the ways a destro lock/warrior can try to get the best of these situations? I mean, what do you guys usualy do? If by any chance some of you are crazy and play this comp too lol
    First of all go affli/demo. Destruction is so easy to los/cc/stun/interrput your chaos bolt that is not worth it. In general, vs a mage,warrior, dk, hunter, druid you wont be able to cast the big chaos bolts, especially above 1.6k rating . Also regarding Blood Fear is gone next patch, you wont be able to cast on a pillar huger healer for ever (you will have to mortal coil+ cast fear while casting is not an option nowadays) .

If you want to keep playing destruction , in my opinion you should go for KJC instead of Mannoroth's Fury (even if someone los you during casting and get into line of sight you will be able to cast chaos bolt, and it is a long cast they can even outrange you if you are sitting still.

Also, mortal coil can be good against some comps versus a healer or a warrior, were you are not able to double fear them . At least coil will give you some good hp back.
    You can consider trading Dark Bargain with Soul Link against some comps. 20% extra hp synergize well with dark regen/healthstone/ember taps/mortal coil.
    Last edited by pitakos; 2013-02-15 at 06:15 PM.

My experiences with 2s recommend using Supremacy in the current game state; no matter how much targeted CC you eat, your demon will still be free to act and use Silence or Disarm.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldion/advanced

My own gearing heavily favors Resilience, as I expect to be the focus target even if I were to play with a DPS. With 5/16 Malevolent and fully upgraded Dreadful, my current Resilience is 8437. If I forego PVP Power/Intellect completely on the belt and gloves, I have room to add 480 more resilience.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

warrior is a bad comp for you. Try holy pally, resto shaman, or spriest

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 09:38 AM ----------

Also I highly recommend demo for 2's, especially if you get a holy pally. Your demon continues to attack when you get cc'd, it's just a matter of building fury, and saving your cd's to unload once you have a lot of fury.

Quote Originally Posted by pitakos View Post
    You can consider trading Dark Bargain with Soul Link against some comps. 20% extra hp synergize well with dark regen/healthstone/ember taps/mortal coil.
    Any decent player is going to see Soul Link and attack your pet, thus shitting on your life. Soul Link is pretty terrible in pvp; it can lead to taking double damage if your opponent is smart.