Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

A suggestion for leveling alts

Ok, this is an idea I was mulling over while grinding some heroics today to get valor capped, but its something that in wow I feel blizzard should consider addressing. As the game gets higher and higher level cap, its becomes more and more of a drag to level up alts to max level, and some some, theres not enough time in the day to help level your characters up, since on your main you have so much to do anyway.

The idea works like this. Say your on your main for most of the time your on for. Your doing daily grinds, doing daily quests (so so many), daily heroics, daily scenarios, weekly raids and LFR, and all the while, your main character is doing this, your alts don't go anywhere, and when you have time to try and level them up, theres not much left to do.

What if, as a resource, blizzard were to introduce a mechanic that works for your max level character, the one doing the daily grinds, where by having say heirloom item in there bags, the item would store up experience points that your max level character would be generating, instead of having all that time go to waste would could help your alts level, it instead saves a lot of experience into the trinket (up to a limit), and so when its full, you simply post it to your alt, they use the trinket, get the exp, then you send it back to your main, and repeat the next day.

this would help level alts so they wouldn't just be left in the dust thanks to what max level requirements have.

I have always thought that you should get a leveling bonus for each max character you have. 1 max character grants 10% bonus, 2 grants 20% bonus and so on.

Why not just have a valor or JP cost item that is BOA and gives say X amount of xp when used and send to alt? With maybe a 2 hour Consumable CD so you can't just use them non stop?

*By the way i do not approve of a way to gain xp from a dif toon just throwing out ideas*
    Last edited by kingriku; 2013-02-15 at 03:47 PM.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Isn't the XP you are no longer gaining converted to gold for quests?

Deleted
    In classic lvling to max lvl took up to 10 times the time it takes now.. and there were 30 less lvls.

No, lvling doesnt take much.

No, no need for a fix on a problem that doesnt exist.

If you and few others dont like lvling .. you wouldnt even if you only had to do 1 lvl.

Rejected!

That item sounds like the exact reason we're not getting dungeon tabards for reputation: double dipping.

As in, you get extra rewards for doing what you were going to do anyway. In the case of dungeons and tabards, you were going to go to the dungeon for loot and VP/JP anyway; the rep is a bonus and removes an interesting choice as to how you spend your time. With dailies, you choose where you spend your time, rather than getting everything from a single method of playing.

Same logic here. All you'd need to do is just play your main, and occasionally send the item to your alt to get the EXP. Extra rewards for doing something you were just going to do anyway, rather than making an interesting choice on how to spend your time; playing your main or levelling an alt.

So no, I don't really agree with this idea, and I don't think Blizzard would either.

15+ Year Old Account
    rested exp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    The most nerfed class in WoW is <my class>. <my class> seems to get nerfed every damn patch, unlike those <other class> that get buffed and still want more!

Or they could just make it for every max character you have you can make any class level 55? Basically like a DK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Silly ideas! Silly silly!
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar

Why not just increase the xp gained from heirlooms? That is most likely what they would do if they were to do anything as it is a simple fix that doesn't require them to create an entirely new system or tech.

Upgradable BOA gear, must spend 3k valor per piece to upgrade it,

10% xp boosts go to 15%
    5% go to 10%

There you go =) Doubt many would want that.

Here's a foolproof way of leveling your alts faster and relieving the tedium:

Get drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    That item sounds like the exact reason we're not getting dungeon tabards for reputation: double dipping.

As in, you get extra rewards for doing what you were going to do anyway. In the case of dungeons and tabards, you were going to go to the dungeon for loot and VP/JP anyway; the rep is a bonus and removes an interesting choice as to how you spend your time. With dailies, you choose where you spend your time, rather than getting everything from a single method of playing.

Same logic here. All you'd need to do is just play your main, and occasionally send the item to your alt to get the EXP. Extra rewards for doing something you were just going to do anyway, rather than making an interesting choice on how to spend your time; playing your main or levelling an alt.

So no, I don't really agree with this idea, and I don't think Blizzard would either.
    Actually, with the current implementation of dailies, it isn't so much that you get an "interesting choice" as to how you spend your time, as much as you're forced to do gated content on your main, only to grind up yet another character through the same quests in the same zones to unlock the same dailies to get gated by the same crap, just to get the character ready to raid.

Alternatively, you can take 2-5 times longer and just level via BGs and randoms, and buy the mediocre crafted gear for whatever slots you can get.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Get drunk.
    Drunk Levelling - 5 Beers, 12 Hour Cooldown.
    [+] +10,000% Experience Gained from killing Critters
    [+] +100% Chance on white gear being more attractive stat wise

When Drunk Levelling is removed, the player realises that they've spent the whole time running around Stormwind / Orgrimmar doing nothing, screaming about Back to the Future and being killed by Gamon.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Here's a foolproof way of leveling your alts faster and relieving the tedium:

Get drunk.
    I know what ill be doing tonight
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    What if, as a resource, blizzard were to introduce a mechanic that works for your max level character, the one doing the daily grinds, where by having say heirloom item in there bags, the item would store up experience points that your max level character would be generating, instead of having all that time go to waste would could help your alts level, it instead saves a lot of experience into the trinket (up to a limit), and so when its full, you simply post it to your alt, they use the trinket, get the exp, then you send it back to your main, and repeat the next day.
    What if it works like this:

1) You buy a heirloom XP container (max 1 a day) at some vendor with the cost of 300 justice points or 300 honor points.
    2) You fill the container doing daily quests (15 daily quests needed to fill it up)
    ------Or doing heroic dungeons (7 dungeons a day fills it up)
    ------Or doing battlegrounds (10 wins or 30 loses are needed to fill it up)
    ------Or doing arena's (20 wins or 40 loses are needed to fill it up)
    3) When the container is filled, you sent it to your alt character
    4) Your consumes the heirloom container and is granted 1 level up.
    5) Wait for the next and go to step 1

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    Isn't the XP you are no longer gaining converted to gold for quests?
    Theoretically. I'd rather have the XP than the pathetic gold amounts quests pay these days.

Somehow a LK daily paying less xp paid more gold than a Mists quest that pays 10x the XP.

I did not see any problem leveling my Pally in the last month with the exeption starting at lvl 87, FFS, nerf the mobs and nerf de XP bar god damm it
    The only problem I had with my warrior at level 65, damm it's boring

Honestly I wish after getting a certain amount of max level characters you automatically start at level 55 with a set gear like Death Knights.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people go looking for "solutions" when they are just getting bored with leveling alts. They end up wanting some type of extra bonus for putting in the effort. If you don't have the energy to level an alt, then don't level the alt. If you hate dailies, don't do dailies. The nice thing about this game is, you can log in and do exactly what you want to do, provided you don't have some rage raid leader hounding you about gear.

I think more people need to start remembering the game they loved without the need of asking Blizzard for a hundred free things. Sometimes you just have to delete everything and start with a level 1 with NOTHING on to remember how easy we really have it