Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Nobody in this entire thread said anything about the quality of this expansion pack.

It's more that this was an extremely large tier, with a shitton of roadblocks and skewed class balance due to an unforseen need for multi-dots and cleaves.
    You disagree yet you state specific MoP Quality issues, bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by Youvegotfail View Post
    I thought it was just my server because it's so dead. We've never had more than 25-30 active raiding guilds on my server, but now it's down to about 5. Several of them have transferred servers, but many have broken up and well leaving there members to transfer servers...it's been so bad on my server that my GM/Raid Leader is developing a podcast called LowPopWow to address the reality of/get some ideas on raiding successfully on a low pop server. The first episode should be airing in a couple weeks! /end shameless plug
    nope sadly not my server is very high pop alliance based and this is happening whats worse is to get into a pug on my server you need exp and all the hc guilds are recruiting for next patch and they are near impossible to get into with no exp or kills this patch

I've seen more burnout than usual. Once people get it through their heads that it's not the end of the world to do LFRs for gear that's not really an upgrade, or do dailies EVERY day they tend to show up more. At least for my guild. I log in do my daily heroic, maybe a few dailies, an LFR if I want to. I still have gear to spend my VP and as long as I cap VP I'm not behind as far as I can tell. I'm happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youvegotfail View Post
    I thought it was just my server because it's so dead. We've never had more than 25-30 active raiding guilds on my server, but now it's down to about 5. Several of them have transferred servers, but many have broken up and well leaving there members to transfer servers...it's been so bad on my server that my GM/Raid Leader is developing a podcast called LowPopWow to address the reality of/get some ideas on raiding successfully on a low pop server. The first episode should be airing in a couple weeks! /end shameless plug
    Might be a large part of the issue, and I feel your pain. My server has had a total of about 12 raiding guilds (that's both factions) for this expansion. You can't pug if you need someone to fill an open spot, and it's hard to recruit on server because there's very few people to choose from and off server because no one wants to transfer to a dead server. It's also much harder to find quality players.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    seems to differ from server to server
    Differs from human to human.

Guilds break up pretty often. It's been that way since Guilds came to exist.

It's most likely not a problem.
    Guilds or raid groups sometimes fall apart when they can't progress any further and some players leave, switch guilds or stop raiding out of frustration.
    Can't have everything in life, and if all raiding was easy then there would be no challenge left in WoW. There has to be hard content, so there will be people who break on that content.

Also, lots of players un-sub and re-sub frequently, especially when a new expansion is out and the game is fresh once again. Several months after, after they have seen mostly everything they care about, they might un-sub again for whatever period of time. This also happens all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    Differs from human to human.

Guilds break up pretty often. It's been that way since Guilds came to exist.
    i was referring to the fact that different servers seem to have different quality of players and people that's why that post was referring to

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 05:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    Guilds or raid groups sometimes fall apart when they can't progress any further and some players leave, switch guilds or stop raiding out of frustration.
    i have a friend that's in a guild that just hit 8/16 hc and is falling apart now so i doubt that bit i've quoted is a problem

seems to differ from server to server
    I think the issue is more just what guilds are about. If a guild is only about progression, then it will fall apart during tougher raids(like MoP). If a guild has other dynamics beyond progression, then it is less likely to be affected by raid difficulty.

MoP raids are quite difficult relative to anything in the recent past (probably closer to TBC difficulty - when a lot of people guild hopped for progression). Now, we might be seeing the same kind of thing happening? Maybe? I dunno. Just a thought.

Deleted
    strangely enough now at the end of this tier we gotten several applications and a friend of mine his guild was finally able to go 25man after several months of 2 10mans.

so my experience is on the other side of the spectrum. so we can conclude it aint 1 trend

That's what happens when you give people options I suppose.

Deleted
    My guild just fell appart this month actually, as well as 2 other friends in two other guilds. Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    It's always happened and always will happen.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 04:30 PM ----------

It's pretty simple really, just don't do LFR, you're not forced. Don't do dailies after getting to a certain rep, I quit at revered. I don't bother with my garden anymore, I just buy what I need, but the garden takes at most 5 mins a day to do.

All I really do atm is log in to raid, I don't feel like I am behind, gear from raids is your best option.
    Whoa Whoa Whoa...I quit just before MOP after 7 years straight raiding.....what garden? A fucking garden? Are you serious?? How did I miss this tidbit? This on top of pet battles. Holy shit! That is just embarrassing, how did Blizz get this into the game, how did we allow this? We have become facebook.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 05:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    strangely enough now at the end of this tier we gotten several applications and a friend of mine his guild was finally able to go 25man after several months of 2 10mans.

so my experience is on the other side of the spectrum. so we can conclude it aint 1 trend
    I think you would be one of the exceptions, from what my wife and old friends still in the raid game have told me...raiding is taking a hit. I hope this turns around.

I've noticed this alot now the last 3 guilds I've been in have had a raid team but after a few weeks of raiding people stop showing. the last guild i was in lost both tanks 2 healers and a dps don't know why either... I've been talking to some friends of me which are ex guildies and they say their guild is falling apart 1 of them has 8/16 hc. not only that but recruitment seems impossible at the moment.

some say its boredom, some say the t15 lfr gear is near enough equal to the t14 heroic mode gear so whats the point? i think its both,

any1 notice this on other servers? and regardless if you have seen it or not whats your view on the matter?
    Yes this is very evident. I have run my guild for six years now. We have had our in and outfluxes yet managed to never implode and go away. It is very difficult at the moment improving our raider's gene pool when more skilled players are desperately needed. Some of this can be blamed on more progressed guilds poaching for bench players as well as lesser progressed guilds throwing everything including officer positions at unwary second string players in order to convince them to move and help their failing progress. I have played hell finding a co tank worth raiding with that does not eventually feel that he should go form his own guild. The same applies to off groups. Eventually they decide they can run their own guild some times after years of mentoring them and helping them progress as raiders. I guess it is just human nature that is causing most of the current issues with recruitment and retention.

GM of a guild stuck at ambershaper because there are not two players available to replace the ones that habitually miss interupts...........
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

This happens all the time, as the tier comes to the end people leave, as other members start to face exams, or employment or other life factors, people leave, while others just get bored of the game.

There is little you can do to stop it, as it is just part of the cycle World of Warcraft goes through every few months / weeks. You've been unlucky, that is all.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 05:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Nobody in this entire thread said anything about the quality of this expansion pack.

It's more that this was an extremely large tier, with a shitton of roadblocks and skewed class balance due to an unforseen need for multi-dots and cleaves.
    Perhaps because the state of the expansion is pretty much the only fluctuating variable in this "equation"?

People will always get bored, people will always need to balance their time, rising living costs, employment, exams and other factors (while variable) are always constant in Guilds. It is impossible to avoid, but the quality or desire to play based on the theme, design and philosophy of an expansion is completely variable on a person by person basis.

I found Tier 11 to be a great load of fun, but eventually my guild disbanded and I was forced to move on. I didn't enjoy Tier 12 half as much, and Tier 13 felt like it was giving my cancer. Tier 14 has been fun, but I'm looking forward to Tier 15 much more. Etc... Etc...

I've noticed this alot now the last 3 guilds I've been in have had a raid team but after a few weeks of raiding people stop showing. the last guild i was in lost both tanks 2 healers and a dps don't know why either... I've been talking to some friends of me which are ex guildies and they say their guild is falling apart 1 of them has 8/16 hc. not only that but recruitment seems impossible at the moment.

some say its boredom, some say the t15 lfr gear is near enough equal to the t14 heroic mode gear so whats the point? i think its both,

any1 notice this on other servers? and regardless if you have seen it or not whats your view on the matter?
    A little and mainly on the more progression focus guilds. I think the casual raiding is still strong, such as my guild. Attendance has been good. Sometime some people cannot raid for RL issue but since we are a social casual guild that just happens to dabble into raiding, this is not an uncommon occurrence.

Also our raid focus is less on gear and more on actually raiding for fun and trying to beat the instance. Yes, our progress is very slow compared to the progression focus guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    We now have a second raid team, we have had issues for sure with raiders just dissapearing, but thankfully our main core players have given us enough notice to fill the spots again. Its certainly no different from previous tiers although I think the size of this tier has made it harder, lots of bosses lots of raids etc I think well enjoy the next tier more.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    LFR and dailies don't require guilds. Normal and hc raiding is done by 3 or 5 or whatever miniscule percentage of the population. What do you expect?
    About what I was going to say. This isn't a new trend either :x Raid participation has always been low :x It just used to be easier to find like minded individuals or whatever, for some reason or another.

Are they consolidating on "better" servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    It's been brutal on my server. We went from 117 active guilds in Cataclysm to only 20 guilds that have bothered to kill a boss in the last 2 weeks. Half the guilds in this tier went on Christmas vacation and never came back.
    I got to see guild chat when GM was discussing the purchase price of our guild with the incoming GM. On Ysera, they sold our L25 Alliance guild for 60k.

Other comments in the chat were that a lot of raiders in various guilds were server/race changing to get on Mal'ganis or Illidian - due to a better pool of raiders & guilds to progress with.

And some of the higher-rated servers being PvP isn't the drawback it once was, because the race balance is so skewed toward one race that risk of ganking is practically nil.

Guild pop went from ~100 down to about 30, as raiders & others left, but has now ballooned to 700+ as new owner has given everyone invite rights.

Quite a different guild, now.
    Last edited by Yseraboy; 2013-02-15 at 06:19 PM.
    I take some solace in the fact that even though my snarky reply to someone's condescending rhetorical question earned me a 1-week ban, my post was not deleted. I was rather proud of that bit of snark, and I am glad it lives on.

Have to agree, current tier attrition seems unusually high, particularly for a 25man guild like ours, we are really having quite a hard time with people burning out, loosing interest or simply switching focus to less intensive things.

15+ Year Old Account
    It really has been harder for most guilds this expansion it seems like, and I agree that a lot is some new pressures brought on by MoP specifically. I'm the one developing LowPopWow, and our second episode recording next week is going to be a round table discussion about successfully running a 10 man raiding guild today. We specifically will focus on doing it on low pop servers, but the things that help guilds survive there are the same things that can help guilds on higher pop servers too. We're really hoping to help people out by sharing what works.