Page 1 of 3
LastLast

ilvl requirement for thunder king normal

anyone know minimum ilvl requirement for beating fights without problem?
    with average 490ilvl is it possible?

496 seem to be what they want ppl to have
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Deleted
    fights should be tuned for about 489-496 ilvl.

Depends how much they nerf the first boss from PTR. we tested with 502 Ilvl and he was tuned tightly even for the 502 we had. Id think 495ish is what it will be tuned for come live. basically full normal mode HOF/TOES gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Depends how much they nerf the first boss from PTR. we tested with 502 Ilvl and he was tuned tightly even for the 502 we had. Id think 495ish is what it will be tuned for come live. basically full normal mode HOF/TOES gear.
    PTR is often tuned lower than live to test mechanics.

They dont want people wiping for 2 weeks on ptr, they want people to kill the bosses and test the mechanics if they work.

That said, bosses should be DOABLE in the last tiers normal mode gear, however it will probably be hard in that gear. Will require more than an average player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything 480+ should be doable, much like MSV was doable in 460+
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

These posts are pointless.

Good guilds will manage it with a low ilevel, You could throw some people in there with full 522 gear and they'd fail.

Deleted

Good guilds will manage it with a low ilevel, You could throw some people in there with full 522 gear and they'd fail.
    Ok guise we gon doo ToT wif t10

Quote Originally Posted by Nebmyers View Post
    Ok guise we gon doo ToT wif t10
    If your aspiriations are to be a comedian I suggest not giving up your dayjob!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

Well it's not first expac tier anymore and good guilds are decked in full HC upgraded gear, with ilevels surpassing 510 in some cases.
    They will blast through it. HC progression is what counts for those guilds.

I expect normal modes to be tuned toward 496-ish with some help from 502 LFR gear and 522 VP / crafts.
    Similar as non-nerfed normal DS was tuned for 378-ish Firelands normal gear. HC raiders had 391/397 and obliterated it.

They have said in posts that Thunder King is tuned as such that they expect a raid to have a decent number of the 522 ilvl drops from ToT by the time they reach him. Therefore I think it being tuned for 489-496 is pretty far under what reality will be. You can expect something more along the lines of tuning for around 510 ilvl, but as has already been said, good guilds will clear it anyway regardless of if they are below the tuning target.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    They have said in posts that Thunder King is tuned as such that they expect a raid to have a decent number of the 522 ilvl drops from ToT by the time they reach him. Therefore I think it being tuned for 489-496 is pretty far under what reality will be. You can expect something more along the lines of tuning for around 510 ilvl, but as has already been said, good guilds will clear it anyway regardless of if they are below the tuning target.
    Isn't that going to gate like they did in BC? I mean you can still catch up faster, but I thought blizzard said they wanted to avoid things like this...

Deleted
    They will expect the less hardcore guilds to farm this normal raid on normal for 1-2 weeks before killing thunder king most likely. I don't think he will be tuned for 496, more like 510 or so.

He will still probably be killed first week by any raid group rocking this tiers heroic raid gear.

Deleted
    510 would be too high, since T14 normal mode is capped at 496 (non-upgraded gear), on the PTR it's 502, so it probably stays there.
    So it requires you to have full 496 with either at least 12 upgraded items or a few heroic items, but the 522 necklace will offset it a bit anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    510 would be too high, since T14 normal mode is capped at 496 (non-upgraded gear), on the PTR it's 502, so it probably stays there.
    So it requires you to have full 496 with either at least 12 upgraded items or a few heroic items, but the 522 necklace will offset it a bit anyway.
    Thats actually not bad, as long as the first 2-3 bosses aren't tuned around complete 510 then we should be ok. The new daily hub & rep will be nice, LFR will be released, what the week after? With the second half the week after that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    how many non-hardcore guilds do you think killed will of the emperor first reset? he was not tuned for 463. (not saying you needed to be awesome to do that, but casual guilds probably had issues with elegon and him)

Or let's just say - if you killed will first reset, you will probably kill thunder king first reset.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    how many non-hardcore guilds do you think killed will of the emperor first reset? he was not tuned for 463. (not saying you needed to be awesome to do that, but casual guilds probably had issues with elegon and him)

Or let's just say - if you killed will first reset, you will probably kill thunder king first reset.
    This thread is about the raid as a whole, not the last boss.
    Of course the King himself will be tuned for something like 515-520 on normal, since you have 11 bosses to farm gear from.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post

MSV normal was a joke. I get your point, but that wasn't the best example^^

(I know, I know, there isn't anything better to compare ToT to than MSV since it was all gated but you know...)

Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    MSV normal was a joke. I get your point, but that wasn't the best example^^

(I know, I know, there isn't anything better to compare ToT to than MSV since it was all gated but you know...)
    He's right about Elegon. Yes, really good guilds killed it the first week because they are very good at the game, but for your average progression guild, it was pretty rough. In an ilvl of 463, yes, Elegon is kind of an outlier compared to the rest of the stuff in MSV normal which was quite easy in comparison, even top guilds said it required a lot of dps when it was just released.

As for ToT, I mean, you can completely ignore the top guilds, they could probably beat the damn thing in like 470 shit. I would say any progression guild that is at least 16/16 normal is going to have no worries about being ready for the first half of ToT at least, tuning is not live yet so it's kind of hard to tell which fights are going to be the gear checks yet. So I would say they probably plan to tune ToT for around 490-496 ilvl, I know it's being tested at 502 or 517 now even, but that doens't mean anything for live, they aren't going to tune it so only guilds with a shitload of heroic t14 stuff can do it. Some fights seem quite undertuned while others like Megera seem extremely overtuned even in 500+ shit, so you might see some bosses buffed or some nerfed.

"ilvl requirement for thunder king" is the name of the thread. That means what will be the tuning for the last boss only. Of course the earlier bosses will be tuned lower, but the final ones and Thunder King especially is going to easily be around 510+ expected itemlevel when you get there.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..