Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Uh.... hate to be a debbie downer but I'm going to point some things out. From 54 seconds to about 2 minutes you show a clip of you fighting a feral druid who is either a flat out idiot or... yeah he's a flat out idiot. You are never Faerie Fire'd. You are never Raked. He never pops defensive CD's. Not a single one. Other than maybe barkskin when he's running away from you for some ungodly reason.

Most of your BG kills are exactly what PvP videos do. Show you killing a DK with ~300k max hp and showing off an 100k crit like it's that spectacular.

Your game against the Shammy KFC you NEVER get disarmed when your cooldowns are up. Nor do you really get warbringer shockwaved.

As anaxie said, you are probably in a RBG group with people you know. That doesn't mean it wouldn't have been 50x easier if you were an arms warrior or FDK this season.

TL;DR: I'm sure you aren't a bad Ret, but 90% of that video shows TERRIBLE or UNDERGEARED players, usually both. So... doesn't really show Ret as being fine.

Of course, that video is against mostly undergeared people.
    It was more of a plug if I were to be honest with you.

And you're right, the same people I played RBGs with this season are the same people(roughly) I have done so with for the past 3 or so seasons.
    I still don't think this was that bad, I've seen more 2400 RBG ret palas this season than any other.
    Wether that's is wintrading or not I do not know.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Of course, that video is against mostly undergeared people.
    It was more of a plug if I were to be honest with you.

And you're right, the same people I played RBGs with this season are the same people(roughly) I have done so with for the past 3 or so seasons.
    I still don't think this was that bad, I've seen more 2400 RBG ret palas this season than any other.
    Wether that's is wintrading or not I do not know.
    It's not wintrading at all, just saying most Ret's don't necessarily have connections to help them get into a group because most people who are trying to rating are searching for a nearly specific RBG comp. But I mean, as I said, most teams are going to be willing to take a stronger melee for their 1-2 spots.

I haven't really seen many Rets that weren't pretty obviously carried by a 5.0 warrior/BM. Pretty much more of Freedom bitches. But honestly, Ret was in at least an OK spot before they nerfed pvp power, so next season I figure Ret will be middle of the pack instead of bottom of the barrel choice, but won't be spectacular like Unholy/Rogue/Monk followed by warriors/Frost/Ferals as strongest melee choices for Arena. RBG teams will continue to take warrior FC's and only rogues or DK's as melees 80-90% of the time, I'd say.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's safe to say DP is now obsolete for PvP. I dont PvE but i dont think it had a lot of use there either. I mean why complicate your rotation for no dps gain? I think they should just replace the talent at this point. And i dont want it to be baseline. Id much rather harder hitting TV than some rng if they decide to buff our sustained.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just out of curiousity, because I'm leveling a Paladin atm, being 51.

What does people find bad about the Paladin as of today in PvP?

We'll see, it still doesn't fix the issues with getting kited, no incapacitate (if you don't choose rep), low melee uptime, and mediocre defensive CDs.

a bonus free 200 pvp power added in the patch along with the band aid buffs. Atleast it's something i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    a bonus free 200 pvp power added in the patch along with the band aid buffs. Atleast it's something i guess.
    Yeah I noticed that. Now all they need to do is increase the damage of Templar's verdict and Crusader Strike and I will be happy enough.

Well the thing is, CS requires melee (where you get the pvp power proc from), why did they get rid of the PTR Seal of Justice? I'm sure a lot of rets would have taken not having a dot to have sustained damage, at least they tried though :P. They bring "cool" spells to monks, while old classes/specs get the poopy end of the development stick. I knew it would happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    What is it people think we have the most problems in PvP?

- Moveability?
    - Lack of damage?
    - Low surviveability?
    - Too much CD on spells?

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post

- Moveability?
    - Lack of damage?
    - Low surviveability?
    - Too much CD on spells?
    All of that...?

Still forced to go Holy if i want to play rbg's or arena... :<
    Last edited by Ktperry; 2013-02-19 at 10:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    All of that...?

Still forced to go Holy if i want to play rbg's or arena... :<
    Well I had to ask, since my Paladin ain't 90 yet

People being ignorant about forcing you to play Holy in Arena or RBG says more about them than your class.

If you want to play Ret, play Ret.

But AFAIK, Paladins got the tools for any type of situation. Silence (even though its melee), dispells roots etc., Judgment and Exorcism being ranged, and CS to deal good damage close up.

And dont forget off healing will be buffed alot in next patch.

- Moveability?
    - Lack of damage?
    - Low surviveability?
    - Too much CD on spells?
    The biggest issues are Sustained damage and low surviveability.

Deleted
    Well I had to ask, since my Paladin ain't 90 yet

People being ignorant about forcing you to play Holy in Arena or RBG says more about them than your class.

If you want to play Ret, play Ret.

But AFAIK, Paladins got the tools for any type of situation. Silence (even though its melee), dispells roots etc., Judgment and Exorcism being ranged, and CS to deal good damage close up.

And dont forget off healing will be buffed alot in next patch.
    Excuse me, which planet did you come from? Just because we've been struggling to find alien lifeforms since forever and you've been living right under our noses,we'd like to study you.

Insults are both unwanted and unnecessary. - Malthanis

Ontopic:
    Is it only me of the pvp4set change seems like a hidden nerf?
    On live you gain a holypower whenever you take direct damage,8 sec ICD -> 7.5 holypower every minute which is at its full use mostly because we're being trained.
    This 4set gets changed to the -60sec on AW one.
    To give us something back, on PTR they'll change glyph of blessed life to work with any seal-> 50% chance on stun/fear/immobilize to gain 1 holypower,20 sec ICD.

best case 3 holypower per minute,but its already has-a-chance and only works on CCs every 20 sec.

I see this change as a nerf to defensive that still has us being a 2minute wonder spec .
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2013-02-19 at 01:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordixlol View Post
    Excuse me, which planet did you come from? Just because we've been struggling to find alien lifeforms since forever and you've been living right under our noses,we'd like to study you.
    No need to be rude. As said, I haven't tried to play Paladin as 90. I just have a hard time seeing why they are as bad as you guys say they are.

They're not bad if well played. Most players are average, if you're good, you've got your chances . I have much fun with my Ret, and even if I play a warrior too, that's totally different when you don't have that healer behind you, and even more with the changes to come. The gameplay's different, the tools you bring to your teammates instead of tunneling an adversary, I like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strear View Post
    They're not bad if well played. Most players are average, if you're good, you've got your chances . I have much fun with my Ret, and even if I play a warrior too, that's totally different when you don't have that healer behind you, and even more with the changes to come. The gameplay's different, the tools you bring to your teammates instead of tunneling an adversary, I like that.
    Which one do you find most fun to play, and why?

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Honestly, I think the 2 min CD on AW coupled with all the buffs to us, and nerfs to other classes will be great.
    Though.. I really think we did pretty well this season.

I mean.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9ulVGNR3eM

I stopped watching after you blinded that feral, and you DIDNT cast two flash of light. Instead you runned around in SLOW for the whole duration of blinding light.

EDIT: and also, for the love of god dispell/freedom yourself when slowed. its painfull to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    The biggest issues are Sustained damage and low surviveability.
    If they fix survivability with stronger defense the sustained damage should get fixed too since holy power is now wasted on WoG to survive when getting trained. The decreased sustained mainly comes from kiting melees, not being able to use TV's all the time and even missing melee swings. This will get even worse in 5.2 with monks/rogues/DK's raping everything they touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    Umm... isn't everyone sort of forgetting that our current 4pc is pretty awesome? Holy Power from direct damage (in other words all the time since we always get trainded) every 8 sec. So now you can burst a bit more often, but your Holy Power generation will be much lower, so less sustained healing, less sustained damage, and even more trouble keeping Inquisition up...So in an attempt to give us more damage between cooldowns they nerfed our damage between cooldowns... In other words, now we get to be fully CCed every 2 minutes instead of 3, and then have even crappier damage and healing the rest of the time... this is awful.
    THIS. Seriously we have one really good 4p bonus and they want to remove it? for what 1 min more cc? jesus blizz lost their sence of pvp

Quote Originally Posted by akon View Post
    THIS. Seriously we have one really good 4p bonus and they want to remove it? for what 1 min more cc? jesus blizz lost their sence of pvp
    Avenging Wrath is a DPS CD, not a CC.