Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Transfer my wow account to another person

Is it possible to give my WOW account to another person withing my family.... I dont want any money, i just want him to legally own my wow account.. if this is possible, can someone point me in the right direction/paperwork.... its an old account i no longer play and want to give it to my brother in law!

Thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    No, this is not allowed by Blizzard and the person using your account would be considered account sharing in violation of the ToA.

The only exception to this rule is minor children sharing with their legal guardian. No siblings, spouses, etc.

Sorry!

Try Recruit a friend maybe for speedier leveling?
    Last edited by Tziva; 2013-02-15 at 08:51 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

And you know this for a fact?.... I heard with the proper paperwork you can transfer your account to another person... or is that just bullshit
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    No, this is not allowed by Blizzard and the person using your account would be considered account sharing in violation of the ToA.

The only exception to this rule is minor children sharing with their legal guardian. No siblings, spouses, etc.

Sorry!

Try Recruit a friend maybe for speedier leveling?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty823j View Post
    And you know this for a fact?.... I heard with the proper paperwork you can transfer your account to another person... or is that just bullshit
    This. Even if they are some ways to do it, its not recommanded.

Ownership.

All rights and title in and to the Service (including without limitation any user accounts, titles, computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialogue, catch phrases, locations, concepts, artwork, animations, sounds, musical compositions, audio-visual effects, methods of operation, moral rights, any related documentation, “applets,” transcripts of the chat rooms, character profile information, recordings of games) are owned by Blizzard or its licensors. The Game and the Service are protected by United States and international laws, and may contain certain licensed materials in which Blizzard’s licensors may enforce their rights in the event of any violation of this Agreement.
    No Ownership Rights in Account.

NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU SHALL HAVE NO OWNERSHIP OR OTHER PROPERTY INTEREST IN ANY ACCOUNT STORED OR HOSTED ON A BLIZZARD SYSTEM, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY BNET ACCOUNT OR WORLD OF WARCRAFT ACCOUNT, AND YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL RIGHTS IN AND TO SUCH ACCOUNTS ARE AND SHALL FOREVER BE OWNED BY AND INURE TO THE BENEFIT OF BLIZZARD.

Taken from blizzard TOS, so I guess no you can't sorry

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html

Edit: to add link

you can do it, call blizzard and shits I had a friend that was playing an account of another friend, then he made another account with the same name, and transfer his char to that account, then he called blizzard and changed the name of that account to his real name..
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    you can do it, call blizzard and shits I had a friend that was playing an account of another friend, then he made another account with the same name, and transfer his char to that account, then he called blizzard and changed the name of that account to his real name..
    You probably could do this, as they will transfer accounts between battle.net accounts under the same name, but if they find out, they'll probably perma-ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone lied to ya. Since:

Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    Ownership.

All rights and title in and to the Service (including without limitation any user accounts, titles, computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialogue, catch phrases, locations, concepts, artwork, animations, sounds, musical compositions, audio-visual effects, methods of operation, moral rights, any related documentation, “applets,” transcripts of the chat rooms, character profile information, recordings of games) are owned by Blizzard or its licensors. The Game and the Service are protected by United States and international laws, and may contain certain licensed materials in which Blizzard’s licensors may enforce their rights in the event of any violation of this Agreement.

NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU SHALL HAVE NO OWNERSHIP OR OTHER PROPERTY INTEREST IN ANY ACCOUNT STORED OR HOSTED ON A BLIZZARD SYSTEM, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY BNET ACCOUNT OR WORLD OF WARCRAFT ACCOUNT, AND YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL RIGHTS IN AND TO SUCH ACCOUNTS ARE AND SHALL FOREVER BE OWNED BY AND INURE TO THE BENEFIT OF BLIZZARD.

This is pure fact. Sorry dude

Or you could just give it to them and make sure they change all the info. I've been using an account my friend from Montana gave me 6 years ago (I live in NY) and I haven't had any problems.

It used to be quite easy if the account was not bound to a battle.net ID. But if it is already a battle.net account then it is pretty impossible. I did this with a friends account that quit back in early wrath before the battle.net id, then just bound the account to my Battle.net account. It worked out great as I was later able to use a SOR on this account and got a free lvl 80 pally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nilbog67 View Post
    Or you could just give it to them and make sure they change all the info. I've been using an account my friend from Montana gave me 6 years ago (I live in NY) and I haven't had any problems.
    You can't change some of the info though, most importantly real name, which means if the new owner ever has a problem with the account they'll have to prove that they're the person the account is under the name of in order to get the account back, which is unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    You can't change some of the info though, most importantly real name, which means if the new owner ever has a problem with the account they'll have to prove that they're the person the account is under the name of in order to get the account back, which is unlikely.
    Exactly, it's highly unlikely. They won't suspect anything unless your constantly throwing the account around on different IPs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly, it's highly unlikely. They won't suspect anything unless your constantly throwing the account around on different IPs.
    It's not really highly unlikely. People get their accounts compromised all the time. If you were using someone else's account, you won't be able to recover it in this situation.

And even if your account isn't compromised, there are still times you may need to call customer service over something (personally I have had to call twice for other reasons over my years playing), and sometimes they required identity verification. If you were using an account that didn't have your name on it, you would be unable to verify yourself as the account owner.

I don't see any reason to violate the ToA and put your account in such a tenuous situation just to save a week or so of leveling a new character on an account that is actually yours.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    I meant that it's unlikely that they'd be able to prove that they're the account owner. They'd need the previous owner's identification.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    A person I played wow with gave his account to his girlfriend's son when he quit playing. They even got the name changed on the account and everything to the son's name and these are both grown unrelated men.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Well, it is possible and this is how I did it:

I had an *OLD* vanilla+tbc account that didn't have a battle.net account yet. I called blizzard to retrieve the password for two accounts and told them I wanted my friend to have a chance at the D3 Beta and I had this spare account and I didn't play WoW anymore, which was all true. The first was hacked because I guess I used some forum password on my WoW account and that forum password was compromised, hence they got into my account and started spamming "buy gold from X company."

Anyway, I got the second account completely name-changed and the email address changed to my friend, and placed under his new battle.net account.
    Last edited by sifailsalot; 2013-02-15 at 11:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible to give my WOW account to another person withing my family.... I dont want any money, i just want him to legally own my wow account.. if this is possible, can someone point me in the right direction/paperwork.... its an old account i no longer play and want to give it to my brother in law!

Thanks in advance
    You could just give to him and he will have to settle with your name, Only thing you can do.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    Ownership.

This has, literally, nothing to do with the topic at hand.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

There are lengthy means to change the name on a WoW account using a notary, however the process takes some time and generally cost several hundred dollars. If you do enough searching, you'll find more information on it.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing Blizz instituting a process to allow people to directly do this. Send in photocopies of ID, perhaps a copy of a bill (to further verify address)...something. Blizz toyed with the idea of selling D3 characters, so why not in WoW too?

You can do it actually, but it is a hell of a process. I had two accounts, both in my name but one was for my ex wife. After we divorced, we had contacted Blizzard about getting one of the accounts into her name. It was a long process. Involving multiple phone calls to and from Blizzard, photocopying identification documents like drivers license etc to send to blizzard, written letters from both us yada yada. Honestly it was more damn trouble than it was worth.

They made it very difficult and in the situation of the OP, seriously, I wouldn't bother. Blizz can do it, but they're very particular about the reasons why they'll allow it. My process took almost two months from start to end. You can call/email blizzard ask them, but for your situation I very much doubt they'd let you.