Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunba View Post
    Forcing people to play 12-18 hour days to compete is pretty ridiculous.
    People don't play 12-18 hours a day because they're forced to. They play 12-18 hours a day because they want to.

If they didn't want to, they wouldn't be in that kind of a guild. People who want to be in that kind of a guild, join that kind of a guild. Not letting a player play how he wants is never a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    People: "Ulduar is and was amazing! Best raid ever!"

Blizzard: "Ra-Den is a heroic only boss that you only get 30 attempts at per week"

People: "FUCK YOU BLIZZARD, WAY TO ARTIFICIALLY EXTEND 5.2!"

Bahaha. People are hilarious.

Note: Didn't read the thread posts, I assume this was brought up ad naseum already. Still lawl.
    Algalon was considered the BIGGEST failure of Ulduar. Thats why most still consider yogg the true end boss. Cause algalon was a gimmick joke with a 7 min runback.

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 08:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    I think the ONLY boss I've had more than 30 attempts on was Elegon N at around 44. Everything else was 20 or less, and I'm 9/16H.

I personally don't care unless he's overtuned :P
    9/16hm is considered the easy bosses this tier. Every boss after 9/16hm basically take atleast 30+ attempts unless you learn a fight really fast.

I had sincerely hoped Blizzard had locked limited attempts and time limited encounters in a box two years ago, then buried this box and built something on-top of it. I can not fathom how they can think this is a good idea. Also, this thread is full of some of the most repulsive comments I've ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    For the hardcorest of Hardcore...weren't people complaining shit was "too easy"?
    People will never be happy.

"THIS IS TOO EASY!"

"THIS IS TOO HARD!"

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Algalon was considered the BIGGEST failure of Ulduar. Thats why most still consider yogg the true end boss. Cause algalon was a gimmick joke with a 7 min runback.

Also calling Algalon a joke is rather funny, Ill assume you never did him.
    Last edited by Prometheous; 2013-02-16 at 08:31 AM.

But isn't he the bonus boss after the end boss of the tier anyway? Sort of like sinestra was after killing heroic cho, wasn't required for the "heroic BoT clear" but was optional with better loot.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    But isn't he the bonus boss after the end boss of the tier anyway? Sort of like sinestra was after killing heroic cho, wasn't required for the "heroic BoT clear" but was optional with better loot.
    Killing a boss isn't "optional".

Nobody ignored Sinestra in T11 or Algalon in Ulduar because "they weren't required".

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheous View Post

"THIS IS TOO EASY!"

"THIS IS TOO HARD!"
    Ignoring the fact that limited attempts doesn't actually make a boss more difficult, please source the claim that hardcore raiders complained about 5.0 being too easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    30 seems a wee bit low, but since it's heroic only, I like this...

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RunItsTheFuz View Post
    Hooray for artificially extending the length of the tier!
    They already did that with Thunderforged

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 08:35 AM ----------

9/16hm is considered the easy bosses this tier. Every boss after 9/16hm basically take atleast 30+ attempts unless you learn a fight really fast.
    You obviously didn't do garajal, spirit kings or will of the emperor before you were out gearing it in 496.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Secrecy View Post
    Ignoring the fact that limited attempts doesn't actually make a boss more difficult, please source the claim that hardcore raiders complained about 5.0 being too easy.
    Please source where I was talking about a specific tier or patch first.

I can name a ton of players who called cata easy.

Please source where I was talking about a specific tier or patch first.

I can name a ton of players who called cata easy.
    What point were you trying to make then? You seemed to be agreeing with someone who was suggesting that hardcore raiders thought content was too easy and therefore limited attempts were a good thing. If 5.0 had non-limited content that was of a reasonable difficulty then clearly limited attempts aren't a necessity.

"THIS IS TOO EASY!"

"THIS IS TOO HARD!"

Also calling Algalon a joke is rather funny, Ill assume you never did him.
    No I didn't raid hardcore back then but im 16/16MH and have raided in 3 top 50 guilds since wrath. One of which during ulduar had US top 5. Almost every player who talked about ulduar Talked about how bad algalon and its 1 hour lockout was. Epic fight Epic visuals. Garbage mechanics of 1 hour with a 7 min runback.

Honestly I don't care for either forms of limitations, then again I haven't liked any way they've gated content thus far. Want to know what was fun? Losing your week's algalon attempts because blizzards servers shit on you and when your raid logs back in algalon is despawned and still being prone to bad luck DCs and the like wasting time. If i'm going to be stuck with one I'd prefer an attempt cap.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Blood Legion with their 7 alt raids can get a world first now guys!
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Secrecy View Post
    What point were you trying to make then? You seemed to be agreeing with someone who was suggesting that hardcore raiders thought content was too easy and therefore limited attempts were a good thing. If 5.0 had non-limited content that was of a reasonable difficulty then clearly limited attempts aren't a necessity.
    I don't think you can be hardcore in a game like wow first off, and I was only agreeing with the fact that there will always be someone complaining, regardless of the actual situation. Arguing about this is off-topic and counter productive.

I personally love the idea of heroic only bosses, especially with limited attempts. My only gripe with heroic bosses is that they're all binary. On/off. I would much rather if they did hardmodes a la ulduar with more than just changing numbers but the fights mechanics entirely. It's become stale to see the heroic boss only having increased numbers and one ability that does one minor thing different.

No I didn't raid hardcore back then but im 16/16MH and have raided in 3 top 50 guilds since wrath. One of which during ulduar had US top 5. Almost every player who talked about ulduar Talked about how bad algalon and its 1 hour lockout was. Epic fight Epic visuals. Garbage mechanics of 1 hour with a 7 min runback.
    I think it was probably worse for the guilds who were in the top 10 as it was heavily bugged when they first arrived at it, I got a top ~25 kill on it and it wasn't quite as bad as you were making it out to be. The thing is, it made sense to have a time limit, the "story" behind the encounter gave it context. Plus, it was a novelty. Limited attempts in ToC and ICC had no lore reason what-so-ever and just felt terrible. I would never want another boss with a time limit ever again but for that one boss it didn't feel completely terrible. Still, having one of your two tanks d/c and waste half of your reset's worth of time on the boss was pretty painful.

The whole limited system just encourages hostility, it's bad enough when someone makes a huge mistake and wipes you but when doing this wastes an attempt or a portion of your limited time, it's infinitely worse.

Deleted
    "QQ GAME R 2 EASY BLIZ STOP GIV EPIC 2 SCRUB :<"

Ra'den will have 30 attempts per week.

"BLIZ U R SUCK, HOW DARE U MAKED GAMEZ HARD ((((("

The raiding community is hilarious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiasmus View Post
    So instead of who can chug the most red bull and play 25 hours non stop by throwing bodies at a wall 500 attempt style, it's the guild who learns faster and adapts to the encounter that will get the world first. I thought the PvE race meant more than who can trash their body health hardest in a week, and was regarded as a skill race, no? Or, do correct me if I'm wrong on this, because I'm really curious on how my argument can be wrong here. I wanna see the mental gymnastics the people who take weeks off of work to beat pixels come up with to explain their position.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    "QQ GAME R 2 EASY BLIZ STOP GIV EPIC 2 SCRUB :<"

Ra'den will have 30 attempts per week.

"BLIZ U R SUCK, HOW DARE U MAKED GAMEZ HARD ((((("

The raiding community is hilarious.
    Only having 30 attempts per week doesn't make the boss more difficult, in fact it is likely it will be tuned to be easier, if anything. All limited attempts does is make you hate people who waste one of your precious few attempts by making a mistake, getting disconnected, having WoW crash etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    So instead of who can chug the most red bull and play 25 hours non stop by throwing bodies at a wall 500 attempt style, it's the guild who learns faster and adapts to the encounter that will get the world first. I thought the PvE race meant more than who can trash their body health hardest in a week, and was regarded as a skill race, no? Or, do correct me if I'm wrong on this, because I'm really curious on how my argument can be wrong here. I wanna see the mental gymnastics the people who take weeks off of work to beat pixels come up with to explain their position.
    You're wrong because of alts, all that changes here is that the guilds with multiple alts that they have been gearing over the past 5 months will have to play more to get more attempts, while guilds without alts not only won't stand a chance but they will have to extend progression by weeks if not months to kill it.

Deleted
    Since my guild is a night time raiding guild and we dont even raid half the time of the other top 10 guilds im kinda for this.
    however it would be nice if they did a system where the boss gained like 5% increased Hitpoints for each attempt. after 30 attempts

Would make you beeing able to practice as much as you want but after the 30 attempt mark it would be impossible to hit the enrage timer. and at some point it would be impossible to do the encounter