Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Most underrated champion.

So, i was watching the American LCS where the casters popped the question. "What do you think is the most underrated champion and why?"
    Personally i was thinking about Sivir. She has great damage potential, good teamplay ult for teamfights and an incredible survival spell with her E.

So, what do you think?

i'd give it to Xerath tbh. everyone always says "if you want range go lux!" Lux cant really harass to the calibur he can early game. her cd's are just too long. and his range is the LONGEST in game for lategame because his "root" is on a shorter cd than his Q. He is like a long range Ryze tbh. Yah every champ has their weaknesses. His is his immobility during power phases. He isnt a kiter. But he is 1 of the biggest EG lane bullies i've ever seen. and all his big DMG abilities are AoE, making his range REDICULAS in teamfights. Did i mention what gives him his range also gives FREE % MAGIC PEN? he seriously is rediculas. I think S3 helped him a bit and im waiting for some competitive players to use him :-D

Deleted
    I think Sivir definitely comes to mind first when I see that question. Her damage is very good and very bursty and her ult during late game can be devastating. Obviously she's squishy, but she actually has an advantage against most ADCs in her spellshield. In lane at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Varus. I think he's borderline OP at the moment.

Deleted
    I thought Varus was more underplayed, rather than underrated

Deleted
    I've been playing Varus alot lately with my friend in botlane playing as Leona. If you've seen the plays we make i can tell you there is nothing bad about that, but i agree with Deylana. He's more underplayed than underrated. His big flaw is the utility, some bruisers can catch him quite easy and he dont really have any way out.
    Xerath is also a very good point, my spine shivers when i get to meet someone in midlane who actually can play him, but that's not often.

probably Urgot, not seen anyone play him in S3 besides myself (and in the tournaments) but he is very much viable now, heck. I'd go as far to say he out does some of the ADC's in terms of output with the new Muramana, the only drawback is you need a support like Taric, Leona, Thresh etc to make getting kills in lane possible. Guess he has a bit of a skill cap too, since knowing when to use your ult, landing his bottle of pee etc can make or break a good Urgot player.

For solo queue, dinger. Hear me out for a second. His Q does some of the best poke of any mid laner. His turrets are, to quota destiny "ITS A RETARD MAGNET", people just do not understand how to play vs them and can get destroyed by them so hard in a team fight. His blind/stun is a bit of a worse aniva Q but a very good skill still and his R makes him so good at kiting. Now remember, solo queue not competitive play (even though we seen what he can do vs the fight team in korea).

Apart from my love for dinger I think the other champion would be Trundle, alot of pro's even say they love is kit, but it just doesn't quite fit into team comps atm. His pillar is a great way to separate a team, even though I believe thresh's R out classes it alot while doing the same job. But the way he can shred stats of adc and tanks a like is very useful in teams fight late game

Deleted
    For me i think it will be sejuani and victor. Sejuani has very strong ganks and deal god amount of damage when able to hit her passive, besides she scales with hp and her Ult is amazing for getting on fleeing champs or in team fights, only downsides are her long cds making her blue reliant. Victor i almost never see in games, also i find his poke a very hard to dodge and his stun zone is amazing in team fights + ult.

I am not sure about trundle though i lately bought him and made some games with him, but maybe its just me or the teams i played with but i couldnt find him that usefull. Problem is you need to rely too much on your team mates to deal damage because two of your abilitys deal no damage and one you need to get in melee range, therefore he isnt tanky enough to stay in team fights. His ad steal is too low to be of any remarkeable notice. Its not like you stand there and suddenly the opponent deals no damage, nunu iceblast or Nasus slow have a higher effect in that regard. Also his Ult is nice but the effect is to low for that cd and single target. Team battle looked mostly like this, i got in, putting up pillar to split them , soiled earth and on their adc the bite and ult on tank, but after a few secs you are dead or must leave again with low health now poke now damage to help your team in the battle. Sure adc may lose a 1v1 but how often does that happen late game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Varus/Sivir.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpi View Post
    Victor i almost never see in games, also i find his poke a very hard to dodge and his stun zone is amazing in team fights + ult.
    I can agree on Viktor to some parts. His laning is quite strong, especially really early, around 3-4 if u max his Q. Those trades are really fast, not even skillshots and u get a shield for the opponents trade. Allthough he is really really easily shutdown if u get to meet a high burst champion such as Akali or heck even Leblanc for that matter.

Im going to say Sivir as adc, Ive seen some really good sivirs who time there spellshield just right, no way to really counter that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say karma. If you know how to bait people when you have low hp and time shields perfectly, you can destroy someone under a tower. She's surprisingly good at getting out of sticky situations, and charging the enemy team, because no one thinks she is a threat.

Kennen, not many around lately and he's a crazy bully in lane, especially as ad. imo

I don't think Varus is underrated per say, but I find few people play him like I do. I tend to play him exclusively with a Soraka in lane, and will level is Q first. The harrass you can get out of landing full power arrows when you have a BF sword is crazy, and you out right counter non sustain and kill lanes.
    RETH

Deleted
    Volibear destroyer of top lanes, conqueror of teamfights.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still hoping that someone can somehow manage to get Fiora to work, and bring her out of that underrated status. Yes, there's still issues with her kit, but the S3 changes are looking good for her so far, and the BoTRK change on PBE is just even more icing on the cake. (added 30% AS to it, and now heals for 30% total AD on AA instead of lifesteal, which is great since Fiora has high base AD to begin with.)
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-02-17 at 04:24 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Galio, although that might be more underplayed than underrated. I have been running him as support lately rather than mid and he works great, it helps marginalize his early game weaknesses and he still ends up being tanky lategame. Flash + ult is just as good as ever too. A bit like Zyra or Thresh support.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StNimrod View Post
    Kennen, not many around lately and he's a crazy bully in lane, especially as ad. imo
    I have to say Kennen too. She is really safe in lane and a beast in teamfights with her ultimate. Dont understand why there is so few Flippin ninjas around.

Me

/chars.

Ok, on-topic.

I'm going with Syndra. I've been playing her in one or two matches and I've been hearing really bad things, mainly due to her single target R, but her Q is so goddamn devastating and on such a low CD that Q + W + Q + E + R + Q is entirely possible. And that shit hurts. My last game with her, I was going streak after streak, but the team wasn't tanky enough and engages were off (nunu ulted Taric like 5 times). Still was a fun game tho.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-02-18 at 10:19 PM.