Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    The Sha possessing him.
    I don't think he is being corrupted by a sha, He prbly being brainwashed by a Dreadlord its the only thing i can actually think of that would tie into the next expansion.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    The devs said there won't be any form of possession involved.
    OK.

The Sha created from our battle with Garrosh's forces and Garrosh himself, the first Sha ever to be spawned in Kalimdor.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    OK.

The Sha created from our battle with Garrosh's forces and Garrosh himself, the first Sha ever to be spawned in Kalimdor.
    It wouldn't be beyond reasonable to have a sha of some kind in orgrimmar, after all Garrosh had a sha moved to silvermoon ordering the elves to study it, only for it to break free and begin corrupting people.

I keep imagining the same sha corrupted earth spread around orgrimmar and one boss being a possessed.. someone or something in the raid, but it won't be Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Myself, I'm in the 'if Garrosh is bad then he should be bad on his own' camp, rather than having him be the victim of some corrupting influence. Though I wouldn't mind him surviving the war and going on to do something else in the future, for good or ill.

As for a post-Garrosh final boss? Well how 'bout this:

Garrosh has been raiding Pandaria for all kinds of ancient power - the Divine Bell, the flesh-shaping magic of the mogu, the Sha, the water of the Eternal Vale, etc. He wants the ability to make mighty warriors - loyal, powerful, unstoppable. And the means to do so are already known to us - the Forge of the Endless in the Mogu'Shan Vaults, the source of an unending army of living stone warriors.

Lorewalker Cho warned us that other machines might be present throughout Pandaria, and what they could unleash if they fell into the wrong hands.

Lorewalker Cho says: An endless army of soulless abominations...I shudder to think of the violence that would erupt from such a machine.

Lorewalker Cho says: It is done then. Yet...how many of these machines are hidden beneath the earth? How much do we not know about the dark secrets of the mogu?
    We haven't seen any other machines yet, but even the one in the vaults is enough... let's say Garrosh takes a machine and transports it to Orgrimmar, re-assembling it beneath the city in the Ragefire Chasm. Instead of being powered by the thunder of the mogu, the machine is fueled by the elemental fire and geothermal energies of the volcanoes beneath Orgrimmar. There he has his source of mighty warriors - stone monsters forged with the power of flame.

I suspect we'll see them in the Siege raid. But if we're talking a post-Garrosh boss, let's go one step further.

The 5.2 sound files reveal a moment in the upcoming patch where Wrathion activates the Forge of Thunder, a mogu machine that may be repurposed Titan technology, just like the machinery in the vaults. When it does so, Sha start to manifest, apparently drawn to the Titan energies of the machine. The Sha being the remnants of an Old God could be why they swarm to the Titan tech - they hate the Titans and are drawn to attack and destroy.

So any lingering Sha energies that might be hiding in Garrosh or his troops, or even just haunting the machine itself, are drawn out into the open by the machine's activation. All the conflict erupting throughout the city, all the negative emotions, combined with the energies of the Titan machine and the volcanic power of the caverns beneath the city - we start seeing some really nasty creations churning out of that machine. Fire-forged stone warriors built to Garrosh' specifications and imbued with the Sha.

In the end, the machine draws together all of the Sha energy in the area, yielding a seventh Sha manifested from all the negative energy of the war between the Alliance and the Horde, with access to the Titan machine and its ability to create. Could make for a nasty final boss with some nasty adds to bring to the battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    the what? The filler raid that gave the same item level loot as icc so nobody cared sanctum?
    It gave a higher iLvL than ICC.

The Sha possessing him.
    Devs said it's not possession

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    Garrosh will be the final boss... Personally, my money is on some Garrosh/Sha hybrid, having the orc try to do what his father could never accomplish, and bring the orcs together under one powerful rule. In forsaking Grom's sacrifice, the entire world will unite against him...

What I'm **REALLY** hoping for is that the only way to defeat the Sha of Angst/Garrosh combo is for someone to perform a truly selfless act to counter the emotion... and Wrynn sacrifices himself to weaken Garrosh enough for the players to finish him. Kill two birds with one stone. Get rid of Garrosh (either killed in combat [not likely] or simply de-powered and left to be dealt with by the Horde), and get rid of Wrynn, while giving him a noble send-off, paving the road for Anduin and Baine to lead their two factions to a lasting peace, and restoring balance to Pandaria.
    anduin would if anything, his father is weak...

...and then his father will be the boss of next expansion? overcome by grief? don't know....or maybe he will turn into a super sha that we fight
    (one battle - fight garrosh, anduin sacrifices himself - wrynn runs in just in time to see his son die, and then boom super sha finds a new host in wyrnn?)
    then we fight supersha, on heroic mode only fight, reg mode ends with anduin?
    lfr ends with getting to see garrosh?
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    then we fight supersha, on heroic mode only fight, reg mode ends with anduin?
    lfr ends with getting to see garrosh?
    It'll be very unlikely that LFR raiders will get to miss out on a huge part of the story of the expansion.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    paving the road for Anduin and Baine to lead their two factions to a lasting peace.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

really, never ever will there be peace between Horde and Alliance. I vote on killing Wrynn, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was one expansion the main bad guy was not the last boss of the expansion. That was BC, Illidan was suppose to be the main bad guy but he was released to early so they had to come up with something else. Unlike Wrath and Cata there is no thematic antagonist for MOP so blizz told us the main antagonist of MOP. If Garrosh turns out to be as epic as LK I will be happy. If hes not the last boss of the expansion, I will only be disappointed if they try to make a DW like last boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Myself, I'm in the 'if Garrosh is bad then he should be bad on his own' camp, rather than having him be the victim of some corrupting influence. Though I wouldn't mind him surviving the war and going on to do something else in the future, for good or ill.
    I agree. After everything I, as well as I think MANY players, would be very disappointed to see him be just another 'controlled by X powerful evil.' He needs to make the choices himself.

Based on Christie Golden's comment:
    I think Garrosh has, at his core, a weak personality. He was very hostile about his father and ashamed of his father, and it took Thrall to say, "Hey, look, you know your dad did some pretty amazing things despite everything." He had to get that validation externally. He also had to prove himself in battle externally. And now he is surrounding himself with some very bad and dangerous advisors, externally.

Because I think that at the core, he doesn't really know. He wants to do well. He wants to preserve the orcs and their pride and their history. But I think he is actually a rather malleable person whose opinions can change. He doesn't have a strong core.
    I think he is just him. He has all these dark/bad/evil advisers whispering in his ear. But he is the one making all the wrong calls just to get that validation.

For everything to fit together, IF he ends up Sha-ified, it really NEEDS to be his choice. He willingly take it in. I am fine with him choosing the corruption, as long as it is done as something still to happen, and his choice with full knowledge of what he is doing.

And to add, NO REDEMPTION arc. He gets put down, end of story.

the what? The filler raid that gave the same item level loot as icc so nobody cared sanctum?
    slightly higher item level, somewhat tougher boss fight (cept on heroic).

I agree, Garrosh probably will not be the last boss fight for mop. Too many new faces in the horde to resort to our old warrior politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLos View Post
    I agree. After everything I, as well as I think MANY players, would be very disappointed to see him be just another 'controlled by X powerful evil.' He needs to make the choices himself.

Based on Christie Golden's comment:

I think he is just him. He has all these dark/bad/evil advisers whispering in his ear. But he is the one making all the wrong calls just to get that validation.

For everything to fit together, IF he ends up Sha-ified, it really NEEDS to be his choice. He willingly take it in. I am fine with him choosing the corruption, as long as it is done as something still to happen, and his choice with full knowledge of what he is doing.

And to add, NO REDEMPTION arc. He gets put down, end of story.
    totally agree. Its annoying you know, when you see posters here whining about Garrosh's fall and saying 'oh well sha must make him bad then!', no, its not, its simply those who haven't bothered to pick up on how weak Garrosh is at his core and see how malleable he is, they have simply been brought by the external bluster and bravado that they don't understand how weak he is as a character.

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm picturing the Garrosh fight to be more than just fighting him even from the moment they announced he was the final boss. The first thing that popped into my head is his belligerent ways awakened the most powerful Sha of Whatever into "the strongest enemy to date" hype status to 'couple' alongside Garrosh as the final fight (similar to Sha of Fear during Grand Empress).
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine the chaos of speculations that would flood MMO-C had Blizzard not flat out told us who the final boss would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It gave a higher iLvL than ICC.
    it gave respective LK ilvl gear.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

really, never ever will there be peace between Horde and Alliance. I vote on killing Wrynn, though.
    "New feature! Factions dissolved. If you don't like it go to Burkina Faso and pound sand."

Back on topic, heroic SoO reveals Basic Campfire to be behind it all. Garrosh gets to 10% in HC and stuns the whole raid, lights a fire and then runs away screaming "you are SO screwed now"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLos View Post

Based on Christie Golden's comment
    Yah, the Golden comment nails it for me. Strong fighter, but with a weak character. I kinda hope he lives so he'll get the chance Grom didn't - redeem yourself and live. That's even harder to do than redeeming yourself and dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Imagine the chaos of speculations that would flood MMO-C had Blizzard not flat out told us who the final boss would be.
    Ah, but there could still be a heroic mode only boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Makes me wish they hadn't told us.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Makes me wish they hadn't told us.
    They didn't. Metzen himself did to get fed up Alliance players to buy MoP

Perhaps Garrosh is a puppet and we will face his master after all they said in the final raid we will siege orgrimmar and take Garrosh down they did not specify that he would be the final boss in that raid.

Blizzard has already made it clear that Garrosh will be the final boss... but they've made it a little too conspicuous. Me thinks a red herring is going to get thrown in there somehow, someway.