Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Holy Trinity is the coin termed to describe the relationship between dedicated healers, tanks, and DPS. Guild Wars 2 does not have these. Everyone is to a degree able to perform all three roles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Holy Trinity is the coin termed to describe the relationship between dedicated healers, tanks, and DPS. Guild Wars 2 does not have these. Everyone is to a degree able to perform all three roles.
    I played a rogue and a warrior and I could never be heals as any of them, nor could I tank as a rogue. So it kinda existed.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy Trinity describes tank, healer, DPS. The downed state is the Fight for Survival! thing that happens when you run out of health initially.

No strength to write a fully fleshed out opinion, but I agree with quite a few of Fencer's points.

I don't think you still understand the term, duravian.

It used to be tank, healer, crowd control. But somehow crowd control changed to dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    I played a rogue and a warrior and I could never be heals as any of them, nor could I tank as a rogue. So it kinda existed.
    Warriors have banners that apply regeneration, and shouts which heal for 2-4k each. Thieves have tons of self healing, and several ways to apply group healing through utilities. Both have dedicated self heals on the 6 key.

You're wrong.

However, the point isn't that anyone can heal. The point is that there is no dedicated healer. Dedicated the key word here.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2013-02-16 at 06:17 AM.

"Dynamic" Events is a load of crap, it's the same stuff over and over, with no interesting outcome.

I can't figure out for the life of me what the hell a "Holy Trinity" is....
    You play World of Warcraft and Star Wars The Old Republic and yet are oblivious to the core gameplay of those two respective games?

I am really not sure if your post is made in jest because we do get people on the forums trying to poke fun at certain ideas. Not sure what to think here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    You play World of Warcraft and Star Wars The Old Republic and yet are oblivious to the core gameplay of those two respective games?

I am really not sure if your post is made in jest because we do get people on the forums trying to poke fun at certain ideas. Not sure what to think here.
    Sorry if I've never heard of a "holy trinity," and I'm sorry that upsets you, but who comes up with those names?

Sorry if I've never heard of a "holy trinity," and I'm sorry that upsets you, but who comes up with those names?
    It was an analogy to the Christian Holy Trinity. The point was that all three of them are necessary, and together form a cohesive unit of sorts.

The idea is that a holy trinity is balanced and if you take one of the components away the game no longer is balanced.
    It's basically a nice way to describe rock, paper, scissors.

I liked everything about GW2 with the exception of the downed state and end game content. The downed state seemed to make it so you could zerg instead of having to pay attention to mechanics. While this was nice for solo/world content it seemed like bad design for dungeons.

If they could get some of the traditional "raid" type of encounters going too, I would probably start playing again. As it stands now, there seems to be little point to get better gear when you can do any of the 5 man dungeons with gear you get from leveling and none of it is particularly better than the other ones. I don't think I would ever be able to play a game seriously without regular large group raids.

I was very happy with the dodge system. It made me actually pay attention to the game instead of zoneing off for 15 seconds while I spam 1-5 on my keyboard. It also was enjoyable to pvp with it.

All that being said, GW2 is the most enjoyable time I have ever had in any MMO as far as leveling goes. The zones all flowed together nicely, there was enough diversity in the creatures and events to make it not feel grindy. One of my major gripes with WoW is that killing 15 of this mob is basically the exact same as killing 15 of another mob, with the exception that you may have to interrupt a heal or cast. I also loved that if I hit a level range where I just didn't want to kill anything anymore, I could get worth while XP from exploring all the cities, gathering materials, and using said materials to gain even more xp.
    Last edited by volescue; 2013-02-16 at 06:36 AM.

hmm, I don't think the rock, paper, scissors analogy fits, meledelion. They are in competition to each other, not working with each other.

Not upset. Perplexed, yes.

I sincerely could not read your tone correctly if it was feigned ignorance or genuine.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    hmm, I don't think the rock, paper, scissors analogy fits, meledelion. They are in competition to each other, not working with each other.
    Straw, cup, water.

or Sunlight, Water, Plant

10+ Year Old Account
    -Dynamic Events
    Not innovative just an 'omprovement' on existing ideas. Its a horrid, boring mechanic, a constant churning of boring events telepathicly sent to my players quest log then removed when i move a few yards out of said telepathic zone. I hope to see a mixture of this and generic questing. Easily the most overhyped and underwhelming creating in mmo history. -100/10
    -No holy trinity
    For this game it does kind of work, but its not something I want to see in future mmos. 5/10
    -Dodge system
    Rotten mechanic, terrible on all levels, no words can describe how much I detest this. 0/10
    -Downleveling
    Something that should be an 'option' in games it should not be madatory, i I want to go destory a low level zone I should be allowed to, if it means less rewards but faster clearing for 100% then fine, dont force me to crawl through zones, pulling pointless mobs. 7/10
    -Skills defined by Weapons
    Not enough skils for my liking but I suppose it does avoid skill bloat, could work for ohter games. 6/10
    -Combo Fields
    Done so badly but a decent idea 4/10
    -Downed State (probably connected to "no holy trinity")
    Wont particularly want to see it in future games but I dont mind it 6/10
    -Multi-Guild system
    Horrid, my guild is my home, I dont want to move home or have people move out of my house only to crawl back an hour later or a day later. Terrible -5/10
    -GW2s take on RvR
    I dont mind wvwvw but its just a zerg fest, I do feel that now server transfers are not free we might get some pride in our realms instead of hopping on to a better one. 6/10
    -Skill and Build system
    Not a patch on other mmos, not even close, a bloated confusing mess to new comers but functioning non the less. 5/10
    -sPvP "Lobby"
    Irrelevant to me, ive played on arena servers on wow and had similar experiences of being able to design my gear and skills to be on an equal footing. 5/10
    -Cosmetic progression
    Awful and tedious do not want at all unless youre going to desing some decent outfits ofc, which anet cant3/10

Vistas - I kind of like these actually I used to think this was a bit boring but even when the jumping is buggy as hell and not a patch on other games its actually fairly fun.
    Sending stuff instantly from bags - Do want, please do this more often, its immersionless of course but really, if I can pull a dragon out of my arse I can magic my crafting materials in to my bank.
    Loading between zones- A really great innovation, thanks for adding loading back in to games...
    No mounts and warping - immersion breaking but now tolerable, do i prefer to be afk flying over the world or do i want to be zipped everywhere, I think I want to fly and have the option to zip to more places with scrolls or something.

Most of these arent innovations, they are just improvemtns or tweaks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Not upset. Perplexed, yes.

I sincerely could not read your tone correctly if it was feigned ignorance or genuine.
    No, you seem pretty upset about something....

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you seem pretty upset about something....
    Shes not, honestly fencers wont get upset she'll just try to bamboozle you in to thinking you agree with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    or Sunlight, Water, Plant
    I like your thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Shes not, honestly fencers wont get upset she'll just try to bamboozle you in to thinking you agree with her.
    Heh, I think it's the Vayne avatar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I was getting a bit of a gw2 fangirl vibe...