Deleted

[Weak Aura] Ability Counter

Hi there,

I was trying to set a generic aura for Raid CDs, so I can forget about pen & paper, or notepad on second screen...

Basically the idea I had in mind, was making an aura to display a string each time an ability is cast (ie, each time a Huddle is cast, the display will update showing the name of the persons who should pop their CDs on the next one). I was trying to go with (in metacode):

if spell=xxx is cast then i++
    when i=1 return string1
    when i=2 return string2

But lua is not my strong point, so I'm rather incapable of getting a trigger each time a spell is cast.

Someone knows how to do it? Thanks in advance!

Deleted

Deleted
    Thanks a lot, working on it.

Deleted
    Sounds really interesting, would be nice if you could share it once you're done!

Deleted
    Truth be told, I'm rather stuck. Googling it, there are other post in other forums that ended up dead, so I suppose there is no easy solution. Anyways, I will keep putting some time on it. Using COMBAT_EVENT_UNFILTERED is the way to go for a trigger, but I suppose the approach it's a bit different, since what's is needed is an aura permantly loaded (in each encounter) which puts a +1 each time in a local variable when the IF is truth, instead of an aura that load when the spell is cast.

Being rather clueless at lua, though I have made a couple of custom auras before, I'm rather stuck at the syntax for combat_log_event. The aura doesn't like at all the syntaxis of the example of wowpedia

Code:
    local frame = CreateFrame("FRAME");
    frame:RegisterEvent("COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED");
    frame:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self, event, ...)

local timestamp, type, hideCaster,
        sourceGUID, sourceName, sourceFlags, sourceRaidFlags, destGUID, destName, destFlags, destRaidFlags = ...

--[[
        * Note, for this example, you could just use 'local type = select(2, ...)'.  The others are included
          so that it's clear what's available.
        * You can also lump all of the arguments into one block (or one really long line):

local timestamp, type, hideCaster,                                                                      -- arg1  to arg3
          sourceGUID, sourceName, sourceFlags, sourceRaidFlags, destGUID, destName, destFlags, destRaidFlags,   -- arg4  to arg11
          spellId, spellName, spellSchool,                                                                      -- arg12 to arg14
          amount, overkill, school, resisted, blocked, absorbed, critical, glancing, crushing = ...             -- arg15 to arg23
      ]]

if (event == "COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED") then
        if (type == "SPELL_DAMAGE") then

local spellId, spellName, spellSchool, amount,
            overkill, school, resisted, blocked, absorbed, critical, glancing, crushing = select(12, ...)

if (spellName == "Mind Blast" and critical == 1) then -- "== 1" for clarity only.  Not needed.
            print("Mind Blast Just Critted!")
          end
        end
      end
    end);
    It seemed the perfect example to get it done, but.. d'oh. Errors everywhere.

Deleted
    Your code looks good, but I have no idea how WA custom function integration works syntax-wise. You'll have to wait for someone more experienced with it to post.