Deleted

[BrM] Item Upgrade

I have reached the point where I can no longer find any upgrades from buying epics for valor, so it's time to use item upgrade, my problem is, I don't know what I should upgrade? I am thinking either my weapon or some of the 496 ilvls pieces.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Lyina/advanced

Also how accurate/good is that askrobot site?

Deleted
    Since the new tier is so sexy, I'd go for weapon and offtier pieces, specially rings, neck, trinkets, back that will be harder to replace in a raid since you share with all agi users

Make sure that no matter how much you spend, that you keep 3,000 VP ready for patch 5.2's release. Only spend what you need to in order to avoid wasting VP.

Upgrading a weapon will give the most benefit, but I would also suggest upgrading the relic of Xuen. That's BiS pre heroic mode, so will be quite competitive even into T15. If you manage to get a Sha-touched weapon prior to 5.2's release, then definitely upgrade that too.

As for Ask Mr Robot? Apparently if you use the Windwalker stat weights, it works well. But I'm not speaking from personal experience here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Make sure that no matter how much you spend, that you keep 3,000 VP ready for patch 5.2's release. Only spend what you need to in order to avoid wasting VP.

Upgrading a weapon will give the most benefit, but I would also suggest upgrading the relic of Xuen. That's BiS pre heroic mode, so will be quite competitive even into T15. If you manage to get a Sha-touched weapon prior to 5.2's release, then definitely upgrade that too.

As for Ask Mr Robot? Apparently if you use the Windwalker stat weights, it works well. But I'm not speaking from personal experience here.
    If you save 3k rep for the patch release you'll be valor capped and have nothing to spend it on because it will take weeks to reach required rep to buy any 422 items.

Deleted
    So then the question is, save 3k vp for next patch or upgrade the weapon?

You can buy an amulet instant and at friendly you have ring trinkets bracers and if you raid you sjould get that the first weeek...

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    If you save 3k rep for the patch release you'll be valor capped and have nothing to spend it on because it will take weeks to reach required rep to buy any 422 items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zambal View Post
    You can buy an amulet instant and at friendly you have ring trinkets bracers and if you raid you sjould get that the first weeek...
    Indeedy. There's a neck item to buy at neutral which can be bought from day 1. Then, according to blue posts, you will be able to get friendly after a single boss kill (easy to do in that first week, or even first day I'd imagine). Friendly gets you access to the trinkets, rings, and bracers, so there's plenty of places to spend VP on even if you save 3,000 VP for the start of 5.2.

No matter what you do, you'll want to ensure you go into 5.2 with 3,000 VP saved. Beyond that, spend only as much VP as you need to; my opinion on this is in my prior post. Relic of Xuen or weapons, basically.

will rep be gained in lfr aswell ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    will rep be gained in lfr aswell ?
    Yes, but you only get rep from one boss per week... So not normal and lfr rep from the same boss

LFR also won't be open for that first week, alas. So try to get a kill in normal mode if at all possible in that first week! If not, it's not a huge deal, since you can still avoid capping. You'll just have to go to LFR straight away when it opens, kill the bosses, and get your rep that way. Then go buy a VP item, and no longer worry about capping at all.

There's a website that helps you decide from the "most bang for your buck" point of view. You can insert custom stat weights as well.

http://www.wowupgrade.com

Of course, it doesn't take into consideration how soon you will be replacing the item or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    It works well in WW mode but as mentioned at this point you are going to want to be valor capped by 5.2. Even then I'd be reluctant to buy something unless it was a i496 item or Upgrading a 496+ level item considering LFR the second week of 5.2 will start offering you i502 drops if RNG is kind + a day one i522 neck.

Weapon may not be a bad option if you are going to cap but still at a risk of spending the points and having a sha-touched weapon (at least the LFR version) dropping since you seem to clear it every week.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

To clarify, if you are saving up 3k valor instead of getting upgrades you'll be a bit disappointed.

All the gear is ilvl 522, but only a neck is avail right away. It will take raiding to get rep, +rep for each boss killed, only once per week regardless of norm/heroic/LFR. I'd say just prob save up enough for the neck, 1250. You won't be spending valor on anything else this patch because the upgrade guys are leaving town. So by the time you save enough to buy the trinkets/rings when you hit friendly you should have enough saved up by then.

Is it just killing a boss that gets friendly? Any other ways to get that rep?

Any links to guides on 5.2 factions/other gear? (I'll probably open wowhead in about 5 seconds)