Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    You can't call Garona "some random" anything. She's been in the spotlight quite a bit, and as a rogue a venerable character.
    Before all this junk with Me'dan, Garona was an extremely minor character that only appeared in a single mission of Warcraft 1. She was a simple orc spy, nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Before all this junk with Me'dan, Garona was an extremely minor character that only appeared in a single mission of Warcraft 1. She was a simple orc spy, nothing more.
    She was a major character in The Last Guardian, which came out before World of Warcraft (it was one of the books that still held the Warcraft logo from the RTS series).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    Who is Me'dan?

Anyway, whoever he is, I hope they don't introduce him as a major lore character without telling the story of who he is in-game
    See, this is the thing here.

You people are still complaining about Me'dan like he has some form of relevance to the story, but clearly he doesn't, and people who have not read the comics will know nothing about him.

So, why are you making such a massive deal of it when he isn't even effecting the lore ingame?

Screw me'dan.

The players should be the last gaurdians of tirisfal by now. Whatever theyre saving him for wont be as epic considering if we (the players) didnt stop the elementals, c'thun, neferian, the demons, illidan, the undead, (some) of the old gods, the lich king, some of the elementals again, neferian again, deathwing and more, then he wouldnt be able to be there in the end (or whenever they decide to use him) to upcomingly be the spotlight hero and save the day.

But Im sure Blizzard will come up with some kind of "I have been training in hiding to become OP and save the world" excuse for him, to throw him in the spotlight in one of the upcoming expacs.

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 05:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    See, this is the thing here.

You people are still complaining about Me'dan like he has some form of relevance to the story, but clearly he doesn't, and people who have not read the comics will know nothing about him.

So, why are you making such a massive deal of it when he isn't even effecting the lore ingame?
    He's a pretty awesome character theoretically; he has a colorful background with very well-known parents, and we know he is going to become the last gaurdian of tirisfal which is pretty epic and means sh!t is going to go down and the fact that not many people know who he is, is kind of sad. But, imo, the lore in pandaria has been pretty great, I have high hopes blizzard will use him well, whenever they decide to do so.
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

10+ Year Old Account
    Me'dan is not that bad. He has no place yet in the storyline, but may have one in the future. With the Dragon Aspects lost their immortality we need a guardian at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Me'dan is not that bad. He has no place yet in the storyline, but may have one in the future. With Dragon Aspect lost their immortality we need a guardian at some point.
    According to who? The entire point of Medivh's involvement in Warcraft 3 was to prove to the mortal races that they no longer needed Guardians, as their heroes had become powerful enough to fend off Legion invasions and any other threat that comes their way (something the AFGNAACP Player Character adventurers have proven time and time again in-lore since World of Warcraft's first plot arcs).

I truly hope Me'dan has been dropped because he was an awful character and the biggest, most infuriating mary-sue I've ever seen (and I don't use that word often). Both of his parents are pretty big lore characters (one being perhaps THE biggest lore character), he is a hybrid of 3 different races which is bad enough but he also has all of their strengths and none of their weaknesses (the ability to use light, shaman and arcane magic all at once for example), new Guardian of Tirisfal, instantly impresses every major lore character he comes across, total powerhouse etc. Seriously, it's like Blizzard plucked him straight off some teenager's Deviantart page.

If they've forgotten about him it can only mean good things for WoW's storyline but I doubt they have. He'll likely turn up when the Burning Legion start acting up again.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

God I hope so, he shouldn't exist.

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 11:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Me'dan is not that bad. He has no place yet in the storyline, but may have one in the future. With the Dragon Aspects lost their immortality we need a guardian at some point.
    Except... it's the Age of Mortals, Medivh's the Last Guardian, etc... we don't NEED one.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    According to who? The entire point of Medivh's involvement in Warcraft 3 was to prove to the mortal races that they no longer needed Guardians, as their heroes had become powerful enough to fend off Legion invasions and any other threat that comes their way (something the AFGNAACP Player Character adventurers have proven time and time again in-lore since World of Warcraft's first plot arcs).
    their heroes became powerful enough, but the governments keep sending them to kill each other, so it seems the world does need a guardian
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    their heroes became powerful enough, but the governments keep sending them to kill each other, so it seems the world does need a guardian
    After so many chances, they deserve death, not babysitter.

I totally see Me'dan and Anduin being able to fuse together at some point.

I really feel like whatever role they intended me'dan to fill was taken over by thrall / anduin / wrathion.

If they were going to add him, it would have been during Cata, there was all that build up between him and cho'gal / the twilights hammer and they wrapped up that story line without even mentioning Me'dan once so I take that to mean that hes out of the story forever.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-02-16 at 06:32 PM.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    Yet somehow the AFGNAACP adventurers still manage to rise above it long enough to whip up a strike force to take down mutual threats. Granted, I still think Wrathion is fueling the war so the two factions get forced into a cooperate-or-die scenario when the Legion returns due to neither having the numbers to carry a campaign alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    An'Me'Dan?

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    And thus, World of Warcraft transitions into World of Starcraft with the creation of the first Archon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me'dan is Sargeras.

Calling it here.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    An'Me'Dan?
    Me'danduin*

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not his heritage and shit that makes me dislike him... it's the that fact that he's a paladin/mage/shaman hybrid... I mean... really? How could he not be overpowered?

Good riddance. Awful character.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

"When the child of the three realms becomes as light, the ancient power will be released. The earth will tremble. The seas will rise up in answer, and all will be madness. A new day will dawn, bringing with it chaos or peace."

Would be cool if it was the rebirth of Draenor prophecy. Land pieces tie together, the seas rise between them, and it finally can have a sun rise as it's not a continent floating at the Nether.