Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Almost impossible to make money in mop

It is almost impossible to make money in mop for pvp player. professions r useless as minerals r sold in ridiculous prize. Enchanting and engineering r still god but what about other professions ? i used to make lots of money farming leathers in Cata but now its just funny.... For pvp player doing daily quests to make money is waste of time as he wont benefit from valor (though blizz brought pvp daily quests in 5.2 but still). Pve players getting gold when they enter dungeons but pvp players dont that is discouraging.

and the prizes of mounts and game time has become almost impossible for pvp player to buy every month

Deleted
    You recognise that some professions are still good. Use them?

Just because you PvP doesn't mean you can't play the auction house

Gold making in MoP so far is as good as its been in any other expansion, and with TSM really starting to come into its own you can make money without any effort

Also in my experience, all professions have some profit making pieces, no exceptions

Sounds like your server, not the entire game. I can make gold through various professions. Just have to check the market and find something profitable.
    D3 - Aggs 60 Barbarian | Paladin | Warlock | Shaman | Death Knight | Warrior |

Making any appreciable amount of money works the exact same way it always has: play the AH.

For steady, but low farm-type cashflow, just figure out what foodstuff is in the least supply on your server and farm that thing. Maybe it's raw tiger meat, maybe raw turtle meat. Depends on server and day.

WoW is a pve game.

Farming has never been a great earner compared to crafting. Try the professions forum there is lots of helpful advice there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    For pvp player doing daily quests to make money is waste of time as he wont benefit from valor.
    I don't understand how valor and gold have anything to do with one another. Daily quests give you gold and valor. Professions give you gold. It's as if you wanted a smoothie and I made you one with a straw and you told me you didn't want it because you don't use straws...
    Last edited by mmoc472a5d728c; 2013-02-16 at 02:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Try enchanting.
    Haven't been able to make much from enchanting this exp miss 2 recipes in the entire game (the 2 from Ulduar) and most highend enchants on our server costs about 85-95% of the retail price of it to make, take away the 5% auction house cut and you're left with very little. Made more money announcing that i make enchants in trade.

On the other hand you can make shitloads of money from dailys. I'm at around 70k+ this expansion even tho i spent around 50k on various things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    You have to play the AH like everyone else.

I strictly PVP this Xpac - Due to being burned out on PVE content from TBC/WRATH/CATA - I seem to do ok money wise because I have always played the AH as best I could.

-> That goes without saying... I've been playing for 5.5 years

10+ Year Old Account
    i ve played in 2 realms Ravencrast eu and Soulflayer Ru and same situation there ... 14g for 1 stack of ghost bar omg seriously pve players r far more privileged in this case ... dailies dungeons raids ...... but what about pvp players ??

Playing on Ah u need some money to start with..

Also in my experience, all professions have some profit making pieces, no exceptions
    yes u got that right SOME profit. SOME doesnt mean enough. enchanting has always been top proff to make money but what if i dont like this proff y should i be forced to take it? !

I don't know about you, but in Silvermoon Eu 1 stack of Silk Cloth is 50g. It's easy to farm I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ucplayer View Post
    WoW is a pve game.

omg (facepalm) Y ? Y ? Y dou say that? )

If you play purely pvp, you don't need money for anything and thus don't need means to earn it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    If you play purely pvp, you don't need money for anything and thus don't need means to earn it.
    there r things u need gold in order to play game :P

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    i ve played in 2 realms Ravencrast eu and Soulflayer Ru and same situation there ... 14g for 1 stack of ghost bar omg seriously pve players r far more privileged in this case ... dailies dungeons raids ...... but what about pvp players ??

Playing on Ah u need some money to start with..

yes u got that right SOME profit. SOME doesnt mean enough. enchanting has always been top proff to make money but what if i dont like this proff y should i be forced to take it? !
    You really need very little money to start playing the AH, if you're smart about it.

And no, PvE players are not 'privileged.' Food buffs especially are ludicrously expensive compared to previous expansions. Weapon enchants can be many thousands of gold. A new sha-touched gem is a whopping 10k.

Yeah, in the grand scheme of things, these aren't really all that expensive for a player that has gold, but let's not pretend that gold just rains from the sky for PvE players or something. If you want gold, you just get it the same way as everybody else.

PS: Don't try to sell something that is hilariously overstocked such as Ghost Iron. When did you ever make a big profit on something like that, besides the start of an expansion? Obsidian bars never had big profit attached to them in Cataclysm, Cobalt Bars never had big profit attached in Wrath. Find the stuff that actually sells, then sell that thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making gold really isn't that hard this expack. Each prof has it's big money makers and
    it's steady income pieces. Engineering for example... Mount, big ticket / Trinket and Gear's, steady income.

If you have a blacksmith, there's plenty to be made in 5.2 with the weapons coming back. Stock up on ore now.
    Tailoring/LW both good ones, they make starter gear for 85s planning to level as well as pets and leg armors.

The profession forum here is a good start. A good auction house addon is even better.
    Just keep at it and the gold will come in good time.

((ARE / YOU....
    it's not that hard to type
    2 letters... Sheesh.))
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

10+ Year Old Account

...Sorry. But I'm like...richer than I've ever been. Ever. It's so damn easy to make money I have no idea how I managed before.
    If you really need a bit of help getting a spark of ideas to raise money I'm going to give you a handy link:
    http://www.kujaswowgoldguide.com/

Every technique to raise gold you will ever need. Ever.
    Except for playing the Auction house but unless you can get your head around Auction addons, just stick to the basics for now and work your way up.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    And no, PvE players are not 'privileged.' Food buffs especially are ludicrously expensive compared to previous expansions. Weapon enchants can be many thousands of gold. A new sha-touched gem is a whopping 10k.
    Weapon enchants r needed to pvp players too u know so that doesnt counts.
    Sha-touched gem would be awsome in pvp too, so that doesnt counts too.
    and food buff please u eat on bg-s too .. and u dont really need them. u buy 1 stack per week

P.S. thanks for your advice )

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    not enough people playing anymore atm to actually buy things is what i can see.......
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!