Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Thread

Figured if there are threads on Magic and Pokemon, why not start one on Yu-Gi-Oh? It's still debatably the second most popular cardgame out there, under Magic, and is overall the best selling card game. Unfortunately, it has somewhat declined over the years, simply because the game is overwhelmingly complex, and takes a great deal of time to understand. Another major issue, is Yu-Gi-Oh suffers from massive power creeps, so you'd have to put dedication into Decks not Meta.

If you still play, feel free to discuss.

10+ Year Old Account
    i summon DARK MAGICIAN!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play but I watched the anime. There were three cards used, when added together, feel like a total lockout and game over.

Joey's Jinzo. Prevents traps from being used, kills all traps, etc. Bye bye traps.
    Kaiba's Crush virus trap. Kills off every creature in their decks with, I think 1500+ attack points
    And Kaiba used another card, something cannon, that destroyed all magic cards. Though I think it was only the cards currently on the field.

Any chance we could talk about the anime as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I don't play but I watched the anime. There were three cards used, when added together, feel like a total lockout and game over.

Joey's Jinzo. Prevents traps from being used, kills all traps, etc. Bye bye traps.
    Kaiba's Crush virus trap. Kills off every creature in their decks with, I think 1500+ attack points
    And Kaiba used another card, something cannon, that destroyed all magic cards. Though I think it was only the cards currently on the field.

Any chance we could talk about the anime as well?
    It's very different to look at the game now and look back at that. Crush Card Virus is banned indefinite, and as Tribute Summons are not relevant anymore, Jinzo sees no play.

5Ds was also the best series IMO

I enjoyed playing the game when I was young, used to play it at home and school with my friends. We were all fans of the show aswell.

I never really made any strategy with my deck. I just looked at the best possible cards, and shoved them all in the same deck. It eventually reached 100+ cards, while a deck should only have a maximun of 40 or 50 cards. But we did never mind.

As for the show, I really enjoyed it as a kid. But looking back at it now, I can't believe I actually enjoyed it at some point . The people in the show never even play by the rules, they all just keep making their own rules.

I really disliked all the Egyptian stuff and the Noah season. For the rest it was a decent show. I wish there were more episodes where Yugi and his friends went trough more casual stuff, kinda like in season 0.

10+ Year Old Account
    5ds was not finished in the u.s because god was a deck

Deleted
    ah, the memories of Yu-Gi-Oh!... I remember that craze back during my high school period. most of my cards were fakes from Spain, and we had some weirdoes playing. we had one student who had a main deck and side deck, and thought he could use both of them at the same time, drawing cards from whichever he wanted. and another student who was a master at the game.

We need more funny pictures. Every thread has some:

Question. What's wrong with Meta decks?

Quote Originally Posted by Backsmack View Post
    Question. What's wrong with Meta decks?
    As with any competitive game, what is perceived as Meta is generally frowned upon for being grossly overpowered or "unoriginal."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    As with any competitive game, what is perceived as Meta is generally frowned upon for being grossly overpowered or "unoriginal."
    well its hard to be original with a deck like them, and everyone can make them and in all honestly they have 0 differences between players who use the,

Deleted

Possibly owning a blue-eyes white dragon, year 2002!

i have a blue-eyes i got from one of my friends. but i stumbled upon a card looking exactly like it in the same rarity and all. it was titeled 2002 version. and the one that i have looks to be really old. could it potentially be the 2002 version?