View Poll Results: Should there be more gold from the act of pvping.

Voters
226. This poll is closed
  • Yes

154 68.14%
  • No

72 31.86%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightsorrow12 View Post
    You commented on the PvE portion why PvE is more expensive and has gold drops.
    It's not really "more expensive" you might want to quote where I said that. In fact it becomes a big plus on the long run because of gold and item drops.
    You also just supported why there shouldn't be a gold income for pvp (with the repairs statement, which was already in the comments). And Cashflow isn't that good if you have a few hundred people that all have X amount of repairs. Especially if you have Pvpers who don't contribute and just mooch off the repairs. So basically i'm confused on your position.
    What kind of BS are you spouting? You come out of the woodworks and make a lot of claims without backing anything up whatsoever. Cashflow only works in PvE guilds, a great many of those only allow repair for RAIDERS and nobody else. In fact this is a fairly good argument why raiders usually go out of their raids with a big plus in the end.
    In most PvP guilds this is not the case, people are more often than not doing hardly any PvE whatsoever and thus cashflow generates far less money if any. Just like the vast majority of bonus gold comes from PvE and PvE only.

You can do the following things for Gold per Week:
    Guild Dungeons 7 - 250 Gold - 1750 Gold per Week. (3 People)
    Guild Scenario 15 - 250 Gold - 3750 Gold per Week. (2 People)
    Guild CDungeons 3 - 500 Gold - 1500 Gold per Week. (3 People)
    Guild Raid 1 - 1000 Gold - 1000 Gold per Week. (7-8 People)

All in all 8000 Gold per week with as little as 3 people working together.

For PvP per week it's:
    Guild Battleground 500 Gold - 1500 per Week. (7-8 people)

All in all 1500 gold per week needing 7-8 people at the very least.

I'll also add: Why do you even want more gold (what use, mounts, pets, xmog, just to say u have gold?)
    All kind of stuff, why would anyone need gold? We could remove gold from PvE aswell why we're at it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    If all you ever do is PvP, why do you need gold?
    If all you ever do is PvE, why do you need gold?
    You don't lose durability when killed in pvp....
    You lose durability simply for being infight, you lose it for getting hit, you need enchants, gems and other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Evida View Post
    Enchant - you dont need em new every month, right?
    Gems - on popular servers gems are extreme cheap right now, except for metas may be, even if at medium server you dont need these new every week
    Potions, flasks - you cant use those at ranked PvP (the only way to be a serious PvP-er imo), and you can play without these on regular BGs for sure, you cant't be reported for not having a flask or pots or buff food there Wanna be more effective on a BG with a flask? Yes, need to work a bit to be more effective, this game is based on this
    Echants - neither do PvE people need them new every month. Also they get the mats thrown at them in PvE, PvP players don't have access to mats at all.

Gems - they are just as cheap for PvE people, they don't need them new just as often as PvP players do.

Flasks argument is bad, you don't need them while raiding either, you can do just fine without.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2013-02-22 at 12:36 AM.

You don't lose durability when killed in pvp....
    Actually you do. I don't Pve at all only arena or RBG and have to repair gear.

I think giving out a tiny amount of gold along with honor for each kb would be fine, and a much larger sum for defending nodes. I think you should be fined 100g every time you kill someone on a road in AB, however >.<

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    That's a silly question, and one that's been answered several times, if you had bothered to use your eyes Enchants, cost gold, Gems, cost gold, Potions, cost gold, Flasks...yep, they cost gold too, oh and repairs, they also cost gold, or did you think that stuff just grew on enemy corpses?
    That's the whole point of an MMO, its designed and structured so YOU can make it what you want it to be, if all they ever did was hand you a char with everything maxed out....it would be very boring and very homogenized.

Gold in PvP would be a Botters DREAM come true, so no...thanks....please don't elevate the already huge problem that is botting by giving them even more incentive.

You don't just use gems/enchants/potions/flasks in PvP either, PvE'ers go out of their way to "farm" gold, be it killing mobs/soloing instances/farming rares/or by professions....if we have to do it, then so should you.

Oh, and potions/flasks are meant to be a luxury in PvP, aswell as PvE, which is why you don't see every Tom, Dick and Harry running around with them in BG's.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evida View Post
    Enchant - you dont need em new every month, right?
    Gems - on popular servers gems are extreme cheap right now, except for metas may be, even if at medium server you dont need these new every week
    Potions, flasks - you cant use those at ranked PvP (the only way to be a serious PvP-er imo), and you can play without these on regular BGs for sure, you cant't be reported for not having a flask or pots or buff food there Wanna be more effective on a BG with a flask? Yes, need to work a bit to be more effective, this game is based on this
    Enchants: You still need them regardless
    Gems: Popular servers doesn't always mean cheap gems, They're not cheap on mine, especially Meta gems which set you back around 1k
    Potions / Flasks, You think rated is the only way to be serious, I prefer World PvP, Much more fun IMO, you don't have perfect comps, it's not always fair, you have to think on your feet, this is entirely down to personal opinion Regardless if you can or cannot be reported for not using them in non rated, Using them is still better, Same goes with PvE, you don't need them, but those extra stats always help

And finally, I'm not saying you shouldn't need to work on things, I've never had any issues with gold so a few gold for randoms or whatever wouldn't bother me

I think Pvp should award gold when you do something to assist your team in winning. For example, If you capture or return the flag in Wsg you get 10g. (this kind of system would prevent bots from farming gold in PvP).

Another example would be when you cap out your conquest points or win 10 arena games for the week you get 200g.

This obviously wouldn't be a lot of gold and it would be much faster to farm gold outside of Pvp. But the point is to give pvper's some way of making gold.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's the whole point of an MMO, its designed and structured so YOU can make it what you want it to be, if all they ever did was hand you a char with everything maxed out....it would be very boring and very homogenized.

Gold in PvP would be a Botters DREAM come true, so no...thanks....please don't elevate the already huge problem that is botting by giving them even more incentive.

You don't just use gems/enchants/potions/flasks in PvP either, PvE'ers go out of their way to "farm" gold, be it killing mobs/soloing instances/farming rares/or by professions....if we have to do it, then so should you.

Oh, and potions/flasks are meant to be a luxury in PvP, aswell as PvE, which is why you don't see every Tom, Dick and Harry running around with them in BG's.
    Your post indicates that i don't agree people should work on things, i do think they should, i work on getting gold, I was just pointing out that PvP does require gold too Plus saying it would increase botting is just plain stupid, If a botter wants gold then they bot for gold, You can get tons more gold using a farming bot than you ever could running battlegrounds so no sane botter would use PvP to get gold, even if each battleground gave you an insane 100gold, using a farming program for that 25-30 minutes would net you a ton more, I hate botters as much as the next person, but it wouldn't have any bearing on the issue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    You already have a massive problem with AFK bots in PvP if you add in gold as something you gain as well, expect the bot problem to become even worse
    Way more bots does dungeons. #fact

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakamuraa View Post
    Actually you do. I don't Pve at all only arena or RBG and have to repair gear.
    No, you only lose durability from being hit, not from being killed. Imagine if you lost 10% (8% with guild perk, if it worked in PVP) durability EVERY TIME you were killed by someone in a BG, then I would agree there being a case for PvP'ers to get additional gold, or durability simply removed. But I guess they have to keep SOME sort of realism in the game when you're getting smashed by 10 enemies and your gear doesn't have as much of a scratch on it.....

Deleted
    Which is a funny argument because people want to do exactly that and you're trying to keep them from it.
    Which is WHY it would make more sense to award gold for won Arenas/RBG's.
    What is this I don't even? We use gems and enchants in PvP, you can't do without. And no most PvE people don't go out of their way to farm gold, you get it thrown at you for pretty much every single last thing that is PART of doing PvE. And the reason we shouldn't have to is because we don't do PvE but PvP something entirely different.
    *Facepalm*

No, you only lose durability from being hit, not from being killed. Imagine if you lost 10% (8% with guild perk, if it worked in PVP) durability EVERY TIME you were killed by someone in a BG, then I would agree there being a case for PvP'ers to get additional gold, or durability simply removed. But I guess they have to keep SOME sort of realism in the game when you're getting smashed by 10 enemies and your gear doesn't have as much of a scratch on it.....
    You don't get 8% which would be an insanely high ammount in PvP where you die way more often than in PvE. You however lose a shitload of durability simply by being infight and being hit. And that ramps up very fast.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2013-02-22 at 12:42 AM.

I voted yes, but it isn't clear cut that gold should be increased for PvP, another possible solution is reducing repair costs and gold drops across the board. Inflation is the problem that Blizzard is fighting and that is why we have so many stupid gold sinks.

The thing that I have a problem with, and I don't PvP much, is that people who do nothing but PvP don't make a similar amount of gold as other players and thus buying stuff off of the AH or in game vendors is a much higher hurdle for them. You can never die in PvE and you still need occasional repairs but in PvE you will be making money the entire time. In PvP you may not take damage from death but just like PvE your gear is losing durability from fighting just like in PvE only you aren't making any money in the process.

I am sure Blizzard has good metrics on how much gold gets added to the world daily from quests and mobs etc... And I am sure they can break that down by gold per player per hour. By allowing people to make gold in PvP they are introducing the possibility of being able to farm gold in PvP.(which is silly because you can easily farm gold in PvE too but anyway) If they brought PvP on to the same level of gold as other activities and weren't happy with the total amount of gold being added to the game world everyday, they could then reduce all activities across the board keeping PvE and PvP inline with each other and reduce repair costs to compensate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brouhaha View Post
    there is a pvp daily in 5.2 and i bet barely any pvpers will do it
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/02/12/pa...for-pve-daili/

It just makes someone go kill a mob, if the other faction wants to interact to mess the person you can. But to complete the quest you do not have to kill or even touch a single person unless you are attacked by them.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Joycemiester View Post
    Players going afk in RF still get loot, fail bag and gold for the que, so don't give me that poor reasoning.
    police your group better and kick problem solved. And we dont need another afk gold farm bot place we have enough of them as is. So no gold in pvp. do it for the thrill of the pvp not for teh farm more gold crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way I see it is, that the loot gold from PVE is meant to cover the repair costs. PVP doesn't have that problem.
    No one can get rich from running PVE content anymore. That's out of the window since MoP release. To make gold a player needs to do something else on the side, completely cut lose from Dungeons and Raids.
    I understand that people do have different preferences. One likes to PVP, the other one likes to PVE.... But I do fail to see why someone who prefers PVP should not have to use the same routes the PVE player has to use. Quests and professions are the sole sources for income. They have little to do with what part of the endgame one prefers. If you love PVP to the extent, that you don't want to be bothered to do quests (and I am not talking about dailies now), how did you end up choosing WoW for doing so? WoW is a level based MMOPRG and the leveling happens through quests as the main route. That also reflects in the significantly less amount of Experience that can be gained in PVP events. Battlegrounds are not meant to level a toon, hence the low amount of XP.

I think it is okay to put a little loot amount into pvp. But certainly not a lot. Anyone who wants to have a solid gold cushion has to get out in the world and earn it. Work for it and you shall have it. I don't see a problem with that.
    Did I enjoy looting riches in PVP? I would be a liar if I'd say no... I had a blast getting all that free extra gold in Wintergrasp... One gold per body, easily 30 - 50 gold per battle. I enjoyed it, but I always thought it was awfully wrong. People went to WG not for the battle, but to loot and make easy gold.. That's not a solution either.

I don't see why you shouldn't get gold after an arena victory. Higher rating more gold maybe?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    How much gold would you want? I mean, enough to buy gems/potions/flasks/enchants? How could blizzard manage that when they differ so much depending on your realm? Or enough to repair yourself? I highly doubt blizz would ever reward any gold from BG's, and if they did...it would be a very small amount. They didn't intend for you (the pvp'ers) to have an easy ride in this game just because you don't like killing mob's, otherwise people would just PvP for gold.

I wouldn't see much of an issue with gold for win's in RBG's or arena's but just seems unlikely it would ever be implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Which is a funny argument because people want to do exactly that and you're trying to keep them from it.

Which is WHY it would make more sense to award gold for won Arenas/RBG's.

What is this I don't even? We use gems and enchants in PvP, you can't do without. And no most PvE people don't go out of their way to farm gold, you get it thrown at you for pretty much every single last thing that is PART of doing PvE. And the reason we shouldn't have to is because we don't do PvE but PvP something entirely different.

*Facepalm*

You don't get 8% which would be an insanely high ammount in PvP where you die way more often than in PvE. You however lose a shitload of durability simply by being infight and being hit. And that ramps up very fast.
    It doesnt ramp up fast at all, If you want gold from PvP give 10% durability loss on deaths as well and to balance it out give it 5min cooldown so 1 death every 5 min will give you durability loss. problem solved. Gotta have some cost involved if you want more gold from pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    How much gold would you want? I mean, enough to buy gems/potions/flasks/enchants?
    Yes, and why should a PVP player get that gold from BG's while a raider has to go and do quests, gathering and what not to get the gold to maintain the toon with that stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    It doesnt ramp up fast at all, If you want gold from PvP give 10% durability loss on deaths as well and to balance it out give it 5min cooldown so 1 death every 5 min will give you durability loss. problem solved. Gotta have some cost involved if you want more gold from pvp.
    Why? How often are you dieing in PvE? If you are dieing so much that there is a huge difference between the repairs you pay and the repairs a PvP player pays maybe you could make some improvements in your play style.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Yes, and why should a PVP player get that gold from BG's while a raider has to go and do quests, gathering and what not to get the gold to maintain the toon with that stuff?
    BGs = Dungeons, Arenas/RBGs = Raiding
    What's the difference?

OT: Yeah I think there should be some gold for pvp. I cant see why PvE players can make gold off farming for their gear while PvP players get nothing but honor.