Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Checked out 3 of your sources at random, all of them say the planes stayed in international airspace and were capable of carrying nuclear warheads, rather that they actually had them equipped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    So many brainwashed ignorant Americans in this thread.
    Hasn't even possibly occurred to any of you that it just might of been a training flight?

You know.. what the Americans like to do to all the time across the globe?
    There's no indication of it and thanks for calling us brainwashed.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    I wouldn't be too concerned about it. It's just neo-Cold War muscle-flexing. The USSR might be gone now, but the old grudges are still there and the belligerents on both sides still bark at each other, but I doubt either would seriously think of going as far as biting the other.

It EVEN says on the article it was a training exercise and that they was unsure if they was equipped with nukes.

Tell me.. WHY would they fly to Guam with nukes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shâréz View Post
    Meh, Russian planes tend to poke around the airspace of other countries every once in a while. I'm pretty sure other countries do that too.
    Turkey does it as well.

Retarded militaries wasting people's money and the world's resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the bombers had "Nuclearski weaponski on boardski" stickers in the rear window?
    "Reality: The refuge of those who fail in RPGs"
    ~Though this be madness, yet there is method in't~

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Does it demonstrate that, though? We don't know what the USAF knew about this before it happened. Maybe they could've intercepted the planes over someone else's airspace and started an international incident, but instead they waited for Russia to turn into the bad guy so that we don't have to listen to "WORLD POLICE AMERICA" all year.
    International Politics is almost all about shows of strength, and that comes in many complicated ways. If I was allies with North Korea, I certain would've ensured a strong show of international force, to cause more fear or uncertainty regarding my ally, and our combined strength.

Can't really say why they were there, until Moscow releases a statement, which may never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Wait, so we just out of the blue attacked Japan in WWII and out of the blue dropped nukes on them?

Right.......
    No, its the out of the blue war that we started with Iraq and then dropped nukes on them......err wait....

It was actually just a promo event for Wargaming.net.

Quote Originally Posted by atollon View Post
    No, its the out of the blue war that we started with Iraq and then dropped nukes on them......err wait....
    No, it was the out of the blue war you started with Native Americans and then dropped nukes on them ..... What?!

It's funny that you never hear russians complain about things like these. And dont think they dont happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    It's funny that you never hear russians complain about things like these. And dont think they dont happen.
    You should watch more Russia Today.

Also, let's keep posts constructive and on-topic, please, guys. This thread shouldn't and doesn't need to devolve into US bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    Turkey does it as well.

Retarded militaries wasting people's money and the world's resources.
    That cant be helping them getting into the EU...

It's just for show off.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They come all the time in Canada, in the north, where people have lots of petrol, but we chase them away after a few minutes.

People keep forgetting one thing. World powers won't go to war with each or start a military conflict with each other directly. Would hurt their economy and drastically hurt the worlds economy far more than Bush did. So rest assured there is not gonna be any wars going on between powers because no matter what it would end the world. Be it nuclear fallout or economic shattering of the world.

Put it this way its far more likely that aliens will visit earth before China/Russia/U.S/UK ever go to war with one another. Its likely yes one of the powers side kicks Isreal/Nk/iran may start something and the hero will come bail em out. But it wont ever be the main players that start something.

Life is one giant comic book. Heros -yes i mean all china/russia/us/uk-- dont start shit and when they do it has much more drastic outcomes. Like we learned thanks to bushy/aquaman. YES bush is aquaman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Rather the US than the Russians. At least the US isn't a borderline totalitarian country with a leader that has some very questionable motives at best.
    Leveling a city block to get one "terrorist", killing countless other innocents with drone strikes isn't questionable?
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    The US and Russian military essentially piss on each other all the time in incidents like this; it's fairly common, really. If you want to show something off, you get in the other army's face about it. Want to show that you can stand up to them? Violate a few rules while being confident that the other side won't want to start an international conflict over it as long as you don't cross the line by too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    It EVEN says on the article it was a training exercise and that they was unsure if they was equipped with nukes.

Tell me.. WHY would they fly to Guam with nukes?
    Trolololol (the Russian military trolling, that is, not you)
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2013-02-16 at 08:29 PM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    unless the pilots were screaming "Asteroid, Motherfuckers!!!" i think this will be easily solved without much trouble

The purpose is to test how much they push the US around. If we don't have any real reaction to them flying nuclear armed bombers over our airspace then that will only leave the question, What else will we let the Russians do?