Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Rexxar will return from outland to be the new warchief and he will bring with him the new playable race of half ogres/orcs for us to play next xpac.
    what more can you ask for?

Sorry I've read the comics etc about Me'dan. But don't see why he would be hated. Think he's pretty awesome. And I'm not trolling either. (just making sure I covered that since I am really oblivious to something obvious - why else would everyone hate him)

Or maybe its his mom Garona. I'm pretty sure its gonna be Nazgrim though, hes been developing over the course of 2 expansions learning from all of garroshs mistakes and seeing their its affects.
    Last edited by Zinjan; 2013-02-17 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Sorry I've read the comics etc about Me'dan. But don't see why he would be hated. Think he's pretty awesome. And I'm not trolling either. (just making sure I covered that since I am really oblivious to something obvious - why else would everyone hate him)
    the perfect epitome of what me'dan is as a character is basically this "hes an okay comic character but in no way feels like a warcraft character"

if me'dan was a comic book character for marvel or dc he wouldnt look that out of place. characters like superman, green lantern, thor, hulk. super powerful characters are common in comics.

however in wow he just doesnt fit at all. he can use every form of magic except warlock magic (that we know of) hes half human quarter orc and quarter draenei. the son of two very popular characters, and he was empowered by his fathers staff, the new guardians of tirisfall. and his grandmother aegwynn one of the most powerful mages to ever live.

basically hes one of the most powerful beings to ever walk azeroth and has the potential to be one of the most powerful beings in existence. no other "mortal" character even comes close to comparing to him and even if they do they dont nearly match his potiential.

so in short hes a huge mary sue and theres absolutely no way you could write him in any sort of role within the game without either A rewriting him completely. or B depowering him completely
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh God, please, no.

Thrall won't let him ^^
    I'd like to see Me'Dan and Wrathion battle

Deleted
    hey would be a fun fight to watch ^^

Anduin For Warchief lolz

How can he be the warchief? Isnt he occupying the role of Guardian of Tirisifal?

And i actually like his lore , why the hate ? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the perfect epitome of what me'dan is as a character is basically this "hes an okay comic character but in no way feels like a warcraft character"

if me'dan was a comic book character for marvel or dc he wouldnt look that out of place. characters like superman, green lantern, thor, hulk. super powerful characters are common in comics.

however in wow he just doesnt fit at all. he can use every form of magic except warlock magic (that we know of) hes half human quarter orc and quarter draenei. the son of two very popular characters, and he was empowered by his fathers staff, the new guardians of tirisfall. and his grandmother aegwynn one of the most powerful mages to ever live.

basically hes one of the most powerful beings to ever walk azeroth and has the potential to be one of the most powerful beings in existence. no other "mortal" character even comes close to comparing to him and even if they do they dont nearly match his potiential.

so in short hes a huge mary sue and theres absolutely no way you could write him in any sort of role within the game without either A rewriting him completely. or B depowering him completely
    Ah right so it is more about his powers that he is disliked then the guy he really is.

I don't think he is suited to be Warchief. It would totally imbalance the game. But I do see him as a part of the story. I liked the comics very much and well... we might need him before the end. Sometimes you need a superman/woman to fix thing or give the lesser mortals a fighting chance against otherwise overwhelming forces. The story can be more dramatic that way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    How can he be the warchief? Isnt he occupying the role of Guardian of Tirisifal?

And i actually like his lore , why the hate ? :P
    ... because in a fantasy story too good and overpowered characters are not interesting. If a character is good but has no faults or weaknesses, it's a boring and annoying character.

Now think, Med'an is part orc, demon, draenei, human. He's mage paladin priest shaman. He's the Guardian of Tirisfal even though being young. He's the son of the last guardian. If you don't see what's wrong there... let's take another character people like as a difference to med'an though, Cairne Bloodhoof. Cairne was a good leader, he was peaceful and worked for peace, he was strong and wise... yet he was naive, he was tricked easily by Maghda and he has strong conceptions about other characters that never change, he thought Garrosh was to blame for the attack in Ashenvale because it fit in with everything he knew from before. So he's a flawed character, which is what made him interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    ... because in a fantasy story too good and overpowered characters are not interesting. If a character is good but has no faults or weaknesses, it's a boring and annoying character.

Now think, Med'an is part orc, demon, draenei, human. He's mage paladin priest shaman. He's the Guardian of Tirisfal even though being young. He's the son of the last guardian. If you don't see what's wrong there... let's take another character people like as a difference to med'an though, Cairne Bloodhoof. Cairne was a good leader, he was peaceful and worked for peace, he was strong and wise... yet he was naive, he was tricked easily by Maghda and he has strong conceptions about other characters that never change, he thought Garrosh was to blame for the attack in Ashenvale because it fit in with everything he knew from before. So he's a flawed character, which is what made him interesting.
    Well, Med'an Is a mage,shaman and a paladin, he Is half humen, quarter orc and draenei, he Is a young guardian, but i think he Is over rated, Unless i have missed a book on him I know that he got Injured by Fanghorn and got Knocked out by Kathra'Natir, He didnt do anything Impressive yet, besides resisting some powerfull Influences, so I really dont know whats all the fuss :O

Personally, I really don't like Med'an. In fact, I'd probably just quit.

That being said, while I don't think she'd become warchief, I do hope we see more of Orhan. Chick goes toe-to-toe with Cho'gall and generally acts like a badass.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughes View Post
    By doing anything you mean Cata? Attacking Gilneas, practically becoming Lich Queen, using the weaponized plague?

Too much conflict would arise (so to speak) if she was WC. Wouldn't happen. At least I would hope not.
    I swear, anyone who calls Sylvanas "Lich Queen" deserves a barrel of plague, right in their face. She might be turning into a parallel of Arthas, but for heavens' sake, show some god-damn creativity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Deleted
    I would take Tyrande or the stupid basic campfire crap before Med'an, this abomination should have never seen the light of existence in the first place. This can't be allowed to happen, nothing could be worse.

Deleted
    Medan..

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    yet he was naive, he was tricked easily by Maghda and he has strong conceptions about other characters that never change, he thought Garrosh was to blame for the attack in Ashenvale because it fit in with everything he knew from before.
    Wow so Maghda killed Deckard Cain and Cairne Bloodhoof ? That witch !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    Well, Med'an Is a mage,shaman and a paladin, he Is half humen, quarter orc and draenei, he Is a young guardian, but i think he Is over rated, Unless i have missed a book on him I know that he got Injured by Fanghorn and got Knocked out by Kathra'Natir, He didnt do anything Impressive yet, besides resisting some powerfull Influences, so I really dont know whats all the fuss :O
    He's also quarter demon(titan actually) since Medivh was already posessed by Sargeras.

And he has done something, he learned by teenager years how to be a shaman, a paladin and a mage at once. And this without any problems, as in, he's not less sociable, or has brain problems or whatever. And for everyone else it takes decades to learn any of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Wow so Maghda killed Deckard Cain and Cairne Bloodhoof ? That witch !
    She sure did! Where do you think she went after Thousand Needles? In Diablo 3, she understood she can't win on Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    I swear, anyone who calls Sylvanas "Lich Queen" deserves a barrel of plague, right in their face. She might be turning into a parallel of Arthas, but for heavens' sake, show some god-damn creativity.
    How about Bitch Queen?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    How about Bitch Queen?
    This so much!