10+ Year Old Account

Factions and their leaders

I've thought of it this way. The leader of the humans is a human. The leader of the humans is also the leader of the alliance. The leader of the orcs is an orc. The leader of the orcs is also the leader of the horde. Each race also has their individual leader. So if Voljin, Sylvanas, Baine, etc became the new leader then would they suddenly be the leader of their race + the orcs + the horde as a whole? It seems like the new leader of the horde can only be an orc unless the orcs get a new leader and they change the lore so he doesn't become WC of the horde.

Has this not occurred to anyone else as well?

Humans I think make up the largest part of the Alliance. Also the Alliance was first formed out of the allegiences between the various Human Kingdoms (Stormwind, Stromgarde, Lordaeron, etc). With Varian's ascension to High King, he is basically on par with the Horde equivalent, which is the Warchief of the Horde. Whereas before that the Alliance had more of a council style leadership, where parties were equal. Now Varian outranks the other racial leaders.

The Horde started with the Orcish Horde, which was the combined might of the various orc clans, each with their own chieftain, but above all of them was the Warchief.

The leader of the Orcs will always be a Warchief. The leader of the Horde may not always be an Orc, but Orcs make up the largest part of the Horde, so it is fairly likely that the Warchief of the Horde will also be an Orc.

On a side note, Sylvanas is the only leader who isn't actually the same race as her people. She was formerly High Elf, yet her people are formerly human.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

"Warchief" and "Leader of the orcs" are separate positions that just happen to often coincide.

Cairne would've been warchief if he'd beaten Garrosh, but the orcs likely would've gotten their own 'leader' whom he would've delegated to.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to bit nit picky but there is no leader of the Alliance. We have a High King who leads our military.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    The Horde started with the Orcish Horde, which was the combined might of the various orc clans, each with their own chieftain, but above all of them was the Warchief.

The leader of the Orcs will always be a Warchief. The leader of the Horde may not always be an Orc, but Orcs make up the largest part of the Horde, so it is fairly likely that the Warchief of the Horde will also be an Orc.

On a side note, Sylvanas is the only leader who isn't actually the same race as her people. She was formerly High Elf, yet her people are formerly human.
    but they are all undead so in a since she is
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    "Warcraft: Orcs and Humans".

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    I dont see why Voljin cant be warchief, all he has to do is kick the arse of any orc who disagrees, after the first 20 or so are beaten to a pulp then the rest will fall in line. Some random orc can be given the job of standing in org and being the target of alliance raiding parties.

Deleted
    There must always be an orc, even if it's just a puppet while Vol'jin pulls the strings. They wouldn't allow themselves to be officially led by an outsider.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    "Warcraft: Orcs and Humans".
    Was just a name when there were no other races besides Ogres in the game, it -started- with Orcs and humans. That does not mean it ALWAYS has to be about them forever.
    Twas brillig

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Was just a name when there were no other races besides Ogres in the game, it -started- with Orcs and humans. That does not mean it ALWAYS has to be about them forever.
    While I agree, that's just how it is.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

No, I believe that they will nominate an Orc for the title of leader of the orcs (maybe Saurfang or Thrall), and make someone the leader of the horde (Vol'jin, Sylvannas, or thrall)