Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    They remained difficult. Blizzard never understood that the problem with 5 mans were not difficult bosses, hell, most bosses were easier than some trash pulls. 90% of 4.0 bosses were a joke.

The problem was dungeons being long and trash being plain stupid, some even harder than 50% of the bosses in the whole dungeon tier. Hell, people were bugging bosses all around. I cant count the numbers of times i was kicked out of the party because i refuse to bug Commander Springvale, and most people just avoided him.

But fundamentally, they didnt change their mind untill mid Firelands and 4.3 HoT heroics.
    Did you read the blog post?

"So what can you do if you find the Heroics too challenging? Here are a few tips and alternatives."
    -Strategy and Communication
    -Improve
    -Supporting finding people on your own realm
    -Admit when you fuck up

He was basically telling people to pick up their play right before they cut a bunch of mechanics in half, or removed them altogether.

I'm not even getting into the debate of was 4.06 right, the point is blizzard has said one thing and almost immediately done the opposite in the past, so you should take they say with some skepticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    LFR saved the game.
    Again right. I also see next x-pac all raids being 15 man.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    This isnt a matter of "painting like Picasso", to be able to clear normals is the equivalent of drawing a turkey with your hand.
    Quote of the year.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Those are the real stats BTW.
    So what should it be then. 20k on empress? 50k? 100k?
    Of Ulduar, only 25% of those that cleared siege of ulduar managed to beat Yogg
    And no it really isnt. I suggest browsing the general market more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    I feel that you are grossly underestimating the average player that raids in LFR.
    He really isn't. Sad, but true.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Quote of the year.
    Completely wrong, though.

Raiding is damn difficult.

Raiding looks easy if you brutally cut out of your raid anyone who can't grasp it quite quickly. But anything looks easy if you ignore the failure and attrition rate when considering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post

Raiding looks easy if you brutally cut out of your raid anyone who can't grasp it quite quickly. But anything looks easy if you ignore the failure and attrition rate when considering it.
    Please tell me more about the difficulties of normal mode content.

Deleted
    Why not do an experiment?

Go to trade and take the first 9 other people who respond to you advert for MSV, then go and clear it with them. Should be piss, if you are right.

Did you read the blog post?

"So what can you do if you find the Heroics too challenging? Here are a few tips and alternatives."
    -Strategy and Communication
    -Improve
    -Supporting finding people on your own realm
    -Admit when you fuck up

He was basically telling people to pick up their play right before they cut a bunch of mechanics in half, or removed them altogether.

I'm not even getting into the debate of was 4.06 right, the point is blizzard has said one thing and almost immediately done the opposite in the past, so you should take they say with some skepticism.
    The blog was one of the biggest mistake GC has done in his job. It was a L2P mock to all the players telling him that dungeons were too long, boring and hard, something they DID realizes in Firelands and something they ADMITTED in MoP.

I dont know why you insist on this, even Blizzard has already admitted their mistake (albeit late, as usual).

Quote Originally Posted by Rexxr View Post
    Again right. I also see next x-pac all raids being 15 man.
    OMG now you sound like this guy we affectionately call eeyore in my guild. He is always bathering on about 15 mans.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 12:54 PM ----------

We

We have a guild named Perdition on our server who's main tank has absolutley no clue when it comes to gearing a paladin tank however in the course of a week with a few well paid players from other guilds that have completed the content he went from not even a blip on the server to number 11. Doesn't take skill. Doesn't take perserverance. Just takes knowing or paying the right other players.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

So what should it be then. 20k on empress? 50k? 100k?
    Of Ulduar, only 25% of those that cleared siege of ulduar managed to beat Yogg
    And no it really isnt. I suggest browsing the general market more so.
    Except empress is not even the last boss, i dont know why its so hard to understand for you.

And what really isnt? I suggest you improve your quoting skills or add context to your sentences because "And no it really isnt. I suggest browsing the general market more so." needs context to have any sense.

15+ Year Old Account

Go to trade and take the first 9 other people who respond to you advert for MSV, then go and clear it with them. Should be piss, if you are right.
    When they all whine and quit after a few wipes, I'd direct them to this article: http://flavortextlore.wordpress.com/...ecline-of-wow/

Please don't post the same thing over and over.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2013-02-21 at 09:27 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Funny thing, I actually used to pug on a lot of my alts, back when I could be assed to level.
    The message I typically walked away with wasnt that the content itself was hard, it's that people really loved eating the bombs on Festergut.

The blog was one of the biggest mistake GC has done in his job. It was a L2P mock to all the players telling him that dungeons were too long, boring and hard, something they DID realizes in Firelands and something they ADMITTED in MoP.

I dont know why you insist on this, even Blizzard has already admitted their mistake (albeit late, as usual).
    My point is they flip flop overnight and it served as a prime example. That's it.

yeah. and take the first 9 people that raise thier hands in a clinic for downs syndrome to play two hand touch football and see how you make out. either is a completely ludicrous approach at testing the theory that easymode content is easy.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Except empress is not even the last boss, i dont know why its so hard to understand for you.
    Fine then, what are the kill rates for Sha then?

And what really isnt? I suggest you improve your quoting skills or add context to your sentences because "And no it really isnt. I suggest browsing the general market more so." needs context to have any sense.
    I figured it was clear cut since it was the only other point in that paragraph.
    I was talking about the state of gaming in general.

More than in a game with 9 millons subs 13k guilds killing a middle boss in a Normal raid?

I think you dont have a fair view on the game's difficulty.

More than in a game with 9 millons subs 13k guilds killing a middle boss in a Normal raid?

I think you dont have a fair view on the game's difficulty.
    If memory serves, raiding rates didnt really pick in Naxx and beyond in WotLk despite its relative ease.
    Now to try to find the kill rates since wowprogress doesnt seem to carry them anymore.

Fine then, what are the kill rates for Sha then?
    11k.

I figured it was clear cut since it was the only other point in that paragraph.
    I was talking about the state of gaming in general.
    No it was not clear, becayuse you cutted that from your quote and you didnt even left a scape between both sentences.

You see, you have very bad quoting skills. But its ok, fortunately MMO-Champion let you do it successfully even when you dont know how to.

I dont need to see the state of gaming in general, i only need to know that over 40k guilds try to do soemthing in WoW and only 11k succeed.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 03:04 PM ----------

If memory serves, raiding rates didnt really pick in Naxx and beyond in WotLk despite its relative ease.
    Now to try to find the kill rates since wowprogress doesnt seem to carry them anymore.
    Your memory doesnt serve. Naxx was pugged every single day in WotLK by people that have never raid before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    yeah. and take the first 9 people that raise thier hands in a clinic for downs syndrome to play two hand touch football and see how you make out. either is a completely ludicrous approach at testing the theory that easymode content is easy.
    Not really.

To find out the difficulty level of raiding in wow we want a random sample. First 9 out of trade seems to fit the bill.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 06:08 PM ----------

if it was doable, is should have been done.

If it wasnt done, it wasn't actually doable.

11k.
    So the gap between empress and Sha is 2k regarding normal kills. That doesn't strike you as odd?

No it was not clear, becayuse you cutted that from your quote and you didnt even left a scape between both sentences.

You see, you have very bad quoting skills. But its ok, fortunately MMO-Champion let you do it successfully even when you dont know how to.
    That's nice. I'll love you even if you need a cookie.

I dont need to see the state of gaming in general, i only need to know that over 40k guilds try to do soemthing in WoW and only 11k succeed.
    And I'd wager there are other factors. This reminds me of my friends guild. They're 4/6N, MV.
    Not because theyre capped or anything, but because they can't recruit a new tank. Yet, they're counted as those who aren't good enough apparently.

Your memory doesnt serve. Naxx was pugged every single day in WotLK by people that have never raid before.
    Either way I'm still scrounging around. Now I'm curious regarding that.