[WW] Haste and when to reforge to crit?

Armory link http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...2/jinro/simple

So I keep reading to cap haste around 4500 or so, and to begin valuing crit more after. I was looking for the general consensus, and if this is indeed true, what online reforgers to use? I do sim my monk, and at all gear levels, haste is always weighted higher than crit. Is there a setting in simcraft to soft cap a stat?

10+ Year Old Account
    3.8-4.5K is correct, after which you want to favor haste.

The problem is that online reforgers use stat weights; 1 point of haste is greater than 1 poitn of crit, because it takes more points of crit for 1%. This creates a higher stat value for 1 point of haste, which - in practice - isn't correct.

I typically flip their stat weights around on online reforgers to account for this. I prefer WoW reforge because I can add a cap to Haste, and set its value to 0 after that cap. Not sure if AMR does that, since I don't use AMR.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaynith View Post
    Armory link http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...2/jinro/simple

So I keep reading to cap haste around 4500 or so, and to begin valuing crit more after. I was looking for the general consensus, and if this is indeed true, what online reforgers to use? I do sim my monk, and at all gear levels, haste is always weighted higher than crit. Is there a setting in simcraft to soft cap a stat?
    You are socking pure crit and the if you are trying to maintain the socket bonuses which are fine to maintain if they are agi, If your socket bonus is anything else it's not worth as much as the pure agi unless you need it.

Red - Agi
    Yellow Crit/Agi - If the bonus is needed or the bonus is agi.
    Blue - Agi/Hit -If the bonus is needed or more agi.

I wouldn't socket pure crit since we double dip Crit/AP from agi gems you will always get more out of agi then crit.
    Last edited by Requital; 2013-02-17 at 06:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally, the value you want for haste changes depending on a few things:

-how often you are using FoF and Energizing Brew (if you are using them on cooldown and still are energy starved at times, you probably want more. if you aren't using them close to on cooldown, and are having no energy issues, you may want less)
    -your mastery% (obviously more mastery means less haste before capping will start, though this will change in 5.2)
    -whether you have your 2pc or 4pc bonus (obviously related to the first point)

there are other influencing factors, but none are as big as these. Generally, your best bet is to fiddle around with it, generally somewhere between 3k and 5k, and find a point that you feel comfortable with, and you aren't energy capping too much, or being energy starved too much, with your playstyle. I found around 3-3.5k was the best for me, but it's going to be different for everyone.

As for reforging sites, go with wowreforge, as askmrrobot indeed does not allow you to set cap values for anything other than hit/exp. I would say set your haste cap (on wowreforge) to around 3k or 5k, and reforge for what it gives you, then test it out, and move up or down depending on how it feels.

And, as Requital said, you generally always want to gem for socket bonuses as WW, and be gemming for pure agi in reds or prismatic sockets.

Also, know that 5.2 is coming soon, and the stat weights will likely change. I won't get into that here, because I wouldn't want to give confusing information. Obviously check out elitistjerks, noxxic, icyveins, etc. if you want to look up that information.

Deleted
    Hello guys

I was wondering how i should be working out if gear is better or not on upgrades. I would use MrRobot but untill they add the haste breakpoint box on stat weights im getting incorrect results. I use wowreforge to get my results but for static gear upgrade i was wondering how i should work out whats best or change AMR stat weights too..

from armoury as i cant post links yet:
    Haste: 10.08% (4282)
    Hit: 7.61%
    Exp: 7.51%
    Crit: 31.97%
    Mastery: 14.60%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maceyp View Post
    Hello guys

I was wondering how i should be working out if gear is better or not on upgrades. I would use MrRobot but untill they add the haste breakpoint box on stat weights im getting incorrect results. I use wowreforge to get my results but for static gear upgrade i was wondering how i should work out whats best or change AMR stat weights too..

from armoury as i cant post links yet:
    Haste: 10.08% (4282)
    Hit: 7.61%
    Exp: 7.51%
    Crit: 31.97%
    Mastery: 14.60%
    Basically, if its a higher item level (and obviously has agi and offensive secondaries), its an upgrade. There are, though, a few conflicting circumstances. The main one is with trinkets, depending on how the stats are laid out. One example this tier is Relic of Xuen, which, while being a 476, is generally only upgraded with heroic trinkets (though a case can be made for having the normal versions of both Bottle of Infinite Stars and Terror in the Mists), simply because of the fact that it is pure agility, as opposed to having a secondary stat.

As for what you would want specifically, I would say follow the advice I gave in the post above yours, and play around with it, your haste may be higher than you need, or lower than you need, depending on your circumstances.

If its just a matter of wanting to know where to be looking for uprgades, use the dungeon journal or atlasloot and find out which bosses drop gear that is a higher level than you have in the slot.

Thanks for the info! I do have one more question. I used wowreforge.com and my armory from the OP reflects the suggested changes. Wowreforge did not suggest any changes from the gems that AMR suggested. Does wowreforge work on gemming?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, as far as I know it doesn't. Basically you don't need to worry about it though, as you should always be gemming for socket bonuses as windwalker, with pure agi in reds and prismatics, agi/crit or agi/haste in yellows, and agi/hit in blues. Then you should run wowreforge after your gems are put in.
    Last edited by Rickarus; 2013-02-17 at 06:48 PM.