Is the remove impairing effects PvP trinket useless?

With sooooo much CC in today's pvp, battlegrounds or arenas, is it dumb to use the trinket to remove movement impairing effects? Seems to me that its on rare occasion that i can trinket out of a 6 sec stun and not get hit by some other type of cc, root or stun or horror or whatever.

So im beginning to think that using the on-use str trinket and the attack proc str trinket may be more beneficial most of the time, being that im going to be CC'd like crazy anyways.

Im playing a Horde Panda Arms Warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    its not useless , you just have to be smart with using it and anticipate situation

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    With sooooo much CC in today's pvp, battlegrounds or arenas, is it dumb to use the trinket to remove movement impairing effects? Seems to me that its on rare occasion that i can trinket out of a 6 sec stun and not get hit by some other type of cc, root or stun or horror or whatever.

So im beginning to think that using the on-use str trinket and the attack proc str trinket may be more beneficial most of the time, being that im going to be CC'd like crazy anyways.

Im playing a Horde Panda Arms Warrior.
    basically yeah. The CD is just too long to be useful. Better to have the on-use str trinkets for execute.

If you really have to ask, you aren't doing anything serious enough for it to matter. Grab a second damage trinket and merk harder if you want.

CC does need to be toned down--anything with a "chance" to break on damage has way too high a threshold currently, and the cooldown on dispels just amplifies the problem. I'm honestly disgusted to the core every time I see a warlock spamming fear into their kill target in BGs. Regardless, a medallion is still useful; you just have to know when to use it. It's probably not critical for battlegrounds, but I wouldn't expect to get too far in arena without one. Even ignoring the defensive applications, most classes only have so many ways to peel your offensive cooldowns and ideally you'd want a medallion to ensure you have some uptime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Needs to be on a 30sec CD to honest.

I was thinking something slightly different and slightly relevant.

If 1 shot abilities are frawned upon, and they should, and getting insta hot fix, why are LONG CC chains allowed?
    People claim that 1 shot abilities need no skill but I could argue that you dont need to be skilled to perform LONG CC chains as well.
    People might claim that 1 shot abilities leave no room for reaction, but then again it is a dilussion to think that a 2 min cd trinket will break a long cc chain. Control classes can still force checkmate regardless if the victim trinkets or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Needs to be on a 30sec CD to honest.
    Hah, no, no it does not.

Not sure if this thread is serious.

The trink is practically mandatory 95% of the time because it's so good.

Deleted
    It also comes with a hefty PvP power / resi bump. Also use it well, not on the first CC that gets thrown at you.
    You mentioned warrior so make good use of your other ways of avoiding / countering CC.

Spell reflect if you feel a CC coming your way. (a mage putting you in nova for example is a good indicator) Dont charge an enemy who has something like blink / disengage / moonkin bounce etc, get to them before that and counter it with charge or leap etc.

Blizzard wants you to pay for faction/race change to human.

If you don't think having a trinket is a complete necessity for PvP, you aren't PvPing very well.

Deleted
    You need it but the CD should be lowered to 1min. Not 30sec caus that would make mostly healers OP caus you can't chain CC them to death.

The medallion is absolutely necessary in any serious pvp. Having the ability to break a cc you'd otherwise sit to save a partner or stop your cds from getting completely wasted while sitting in a stun is invaluable.

Deleted
    I dont know whats the point of using pvp trinkets in bgs because of the amount of AOE fear spam but it is really good when you world pvp, duel or do arenas. Or not, the CD is too freaking huge because of some CCs being on a 30 sec CD instead of the old 1 min.

Eh, I think the PVP trinket is a crappy dated design. Whenever I'm in PVE gear and get ambushed I'm toast not just because of the gear discrepancy but because you're just helpless without that trink equipped and of course you can't swap in combat. Either bake the trink effect into every character as a baseline ability or dispense with it altogether.

A shorter CD trinket wouldn't help the issue of too much CC in PVP, that's just an arms race right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Eh, I think the PVP trinket is a crappy dated design. Whenever I'm in PVE gear and get ambushed I'm toast not just because of the gear discrepancy but because you're just helpless without that trink equipped and of course you can't swap in combat. Either bake the trink effect into every character as a baseline ability or dispense with it altogether.

A shorter CD trinket wouldn't help the issue of too much CC in PVP, that's just an arms race right there.
    I never do dailies in PvE gear, its a lesson i learned after being ambushed in PvE gear to often.
    Its an open world, expect to get ambushed.

Even if you had a pvp trinket backed in, if you're in PvE gear against someone in PvP gear you're gonna get wrecked no matter what.

I'm not against PvP trinkets being something everyone has as a default ability, but it would just add more burst in PvP if they give everyone more damage trinkets.
    Look at what happened to Humans ever since they got their racial trinket. In WotlK with ArP trinkets, in Cata with PvE trinkets.
    Last edited by Powell; 2013-02-18 at 02:39 PM.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    If you don't think having a trinket is a complete necessity for PvP, you aren't PvPing very well.
    this so much it can't be stated enough