Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionx View Post
    New classes, new act, different/special stat on item and make good item actually drop.
    Uhm.. "good items" drop all the time.
    The problem is that "good items" drop to everyone in the game(just like you wanted). That's why no one wants "good items" and they are impossible to sell on AH any more. You can only sell "very good items" and "extremely good items".
    You want "extremely good items" to drop to everyone? No problem. Their price will drop to zero. And only "nearly perfect items" will be worth something. And everything will be exactly the way it is now - good items worth millions, items that drop to you worth nothing.

I do understand that you want all the gear in the game here and now, but item inflation would not make this game any better.
    Good items should be extremely rare. Shifting the definition of "good item" all the time is useless, it does not change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey Boo Boo View Post
    2) they'll never add permanent build choices
    I don't know about you, but my build choice is permanent. There is only one best farming build per class and you can't really change it to anything else without decreasing the amount of items you farm per hour and EXP/hour.
    I think that it is one of the major flaws of the game. And honestly I don't understand how permanent builds would make the game any better. Instead of changing the build once a year (when blizzard does some balance changes and ups rarely used builds) you'll level a new character.
    And character leveling is much more annoying process than it was in d2, because you have to clear 3 easy difficulties before actually beginning to play, instead of 2.
    Last edited by traen; 2013-02-20 at 01:47 PM.

I think blizzard has a very good point of avoiding a skill tree which allows cookie cutter builds. Everyone will indeed use the same optimal build, making the process of distributing the points a waste of time. Making them permanent is just stupid since one patch may ruin your character. If I would change something, I would just have more skills in to choose from also hotkey between different setups (maybe that's possible today, I haven't looked into it).
    Mother pus bucket!

You have completely missed the target on the flaws with d3. None of the 3 issues you addressed will fix this game.

The #1 flaw by an ENORMOUS margin is bnet 2.0 and its lack of social tools. People want to build communities and share experiences in-game. Without channels, clan support, being able to name games, etc., d3 feels like a cartridge game for the Nintendo. It feels like were 30 years ago. The internet is about social interaction.

You can build up end game, fix the AH, and add diversity and it wont change a thing if bnet isnt fixed. Its incredibly anti-social.

If there is ANY hope for d3, they should stop patching gameplay and focus 100% on social tools.

I'm curious to see how they handle paragon levels. For the love of god i hope they don't wipe them... That would feel akin to zeroing out your gear and bank account.

-New classes
    -More levels (both paragon and nomral)
    -New act or 2
    -Random dungeon map portals like TL (different types: some drop tons of gold, some drop tons of crafting stuff...)
    -Paragon tier gear
    -Paragon benefit for other characters (if i have one guy at paragon 50, all characters lower than that get some xp bonus up to that level)
    -MORE VALUABLE CRAFTING GEAR
    -Vanity gear
    -Buff odd builds to make them more competitive, thus encouraging diversity
    -Give up on PVP

For me, 1.0.7 is a positive patch. Added some nice things, gives me hope that this game will continue to improve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo's spirit finds Cain in the afterlife and takes over his soul, and with his knowledge he finds a way to resurrect himself as Cain.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    10 years later...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Ok video but you make my ears cringe when you say things like "the most simplest" it's physically painful.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Destruction of the RMAH at a minimum.

The addition of offline play.

Better itemization of gear.

Drops not based on any AH system.

Thst might get D3 rolling again for some gamers to play it for fun instead of running a small business.

Deleted
    I'll read your post later as it was a lot and I dont have time.

What Id like to see is better itemization= as in D2 a legendary always had set stats but they could be rolling from lets say 1-3+ skills (still thats usefull and not totally random shit). So I would like to see them have better itemisation and not roll totally crap 99% of the time.

Id like to have some kind of event/instance where you get harder and harder/more waves of monsters and boss/bosses battles in between.

Actually get some PvP brackets or something. It dont have to be so damn balanced, just give something.

Some different ladders similar to what PoE has. They dont have to be for months can be short ladder runs too.
    They could use this to make your character self found only + trading = no AH so they boost the drop rate or actually just fix the itemization or just remove AH from the game ;p

It will probably be hard to get some challenging content now as most ppl are geared as hell. But Id like to get something that is as hard as inferno was from the start. Got to act4 first boss bot got stuck there before the nerf ;<

A new class, most likely a shifter/druid.

More lvls, to 100 if you ask me and throw in a new difficulty thats above inferno.

And then the obvious stuff like new sets and what not.

Well thats what I can think up in a few sec.

Oh yeah as someone said above me FIX B-net. I hate this new WoW chat. I want damn chat rooms like D2 and be able to make games and name them would be sweet <3

The best way to fix it is to abandon it completely, give the payers what they want D2.5 . Same game as D2 New story continued from D3 and same characters from D2 + new D3 classes and maybe a few more. GO back to the old skill trees and gear setup. Basically all we wanted was D2 with new maps and better graphics.

1. More spells and customization, with severe punishments for changing talents or specializations. There are so many different options for this, I hope they go through. (i.e. Wizard, temporal, fire, blood, etc.) They don't need to add a new class, they have the grounds for so many classes possibly inclusive in the models they've already created.
    Also, character customization. While I understand Diablo 3 is a very serious game, I feel there should be some ability to "transmog" your armor. I have a set I love that I equip before I log out, just because I hate the way my legendaries can't be inked. And it really reduces the amount you can identify with the character if everyone has the same character. Ever had a party of four male wizards? Awkward.

2. Better villains. Seriously. D3 was a joke. The Lord of Lies, with a disguise so see-through as to make my little sister guess it the first time they introduced the emperor. Zultan Khul, you literally kill him for no reason, other than he's probably going to betray you. The Lord of Sin, the greatest tactician of Hell who's never lost a battle, telling you all of his plans. The exact same thing happens in the fourth act. "You'll never stop me! Hah, you destroyed one of the hell rifts, you'll never stop me! Hah, you destroyed all of my hell rifts, you'll never stop me! YOU'll NEVER STOP ME!" *dead* ..... what?
    They need to introduce that "badass" feel that you never really got from any of the D3 villians. The Black Guardian, the defender of Hell's front line, needs to be epic. Have a dozen angels that you've played with and grown attached to sacrifice themselves to save you, as he instantly wipes them out with an unexpected clever play. Fights that actually feel epic, like the first time you fight Belial, or Diablo, before you learn the mechanics and the fight gets stale.

3. RMAH - kill it. Enough said. I lost all drive to play the game by spending $20 on a full set of legendaries.

4. PvP - please, please, please make battlegrounds.

5. Better gear itemization, why is my wizard interested in picking up barbarian gear at all?

6. Offline play - big one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Uhm.. "good items" drop all the time.
    The problem is that "good items" drop to everyone in the game(just like you wanted). That's why no one wants "good items" and they are impossible to sell on AH any more. You can only sell "very good items" and "extremely good items".
    You want "extremely good items" to drop to everyone? No problem. Their price will drop to zero. And only "nearly perfect items" will be worth something. And everything will be exactly the way it is now - good items worth millions, items that drop to you worth nothing.

I do understand that you want all the gear in the game here and now, but item inflation would not make this game any better.
    Good items should be extremely rare. Shifting the definition of "good item" all the time is useless, it does not change anything.
    You are right, unless they completely change itemization. Just look at Diablo 2, the emphasis wasn't on a main stat. You had lvl 42 boots which were still really good at max level. Each item had unique stats that opened up different builds. The expansion added a lot of items, but they didn't have higher stats, they simply had different unique stats.

Diablo 3 itemization is too strictly tied to the main stats like Strength, Dexterity or Intelligence, that's what destroys the game. If they change that then more items would be of value without inflating the stats themselves. Itemization just needs more flavour. New Legendaries need added abilities or procs that open up new builds. We need to step away from Main stat + IAS + CC + CD being the best, but instead should allow some items to have something like "increases the number of Hydras by 2" or "increases the damage of Sentry by 200%". You know, items that actually change something instead of simply adding a few more stats.

We need choices instead of mindlessly chasing a few more of the main stat.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 05:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    Zultan Khul, you literally kill him for no reason, other than he's probably going to betray you.
    Well, turns out he was actually right all along. I still don't understand why we had to kill him. He suddenly becomes attackable and you're just expected to kill him. I've played it over and over again trying to see if I forgot something, but no the player really kills him for no reason.

I am starting to think Blizzard purposely released Diablo 3 the way it was. They knew it was terrible but because there was never a beta test people didnt know that. So everyone bought it cause they heard how epic Diablo 2 was. Now Blizzard will get them again when they have to buy the expansion in order to fix everything that was broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Well, turns out he was actually right all along. I still don't understand why we had to kill him. He suddenly becomes attackable and you're just expected to kill him. I've played it over and over again trying to see if I forgot something, but no the player really kills him for no reason.
    Because we as the players are doing the work of the angel of death, Malthael . We solve all our problems with death and do his work for him while he sits there and laughs. Khul was not just referring to Adria, but the person who broke into his lair before we got there and put the Prime evils in the stone for us. At least that's where I think the lore is going in the future expansions

Other things I think we can expect:
    1) New 70 level cap in which your paragon level is frozen until reaching the new max level cap but bonuses will still apply
    2) A new skill for every class with all runes along with a major skill overhaul as this would be the time to do it and not piss people off by wrecking there builds.
    3) New gear to go with new level cap. As much as it will tick people off to have there gear wiped the RMAH and how much blizz makes off it ensures it will happen.
    4) One act with a cinematic video for the beginning and end.
    5) A new +AR gem
    6) Improved BNET

I also agree we need two new classes, with one employing shapeshifting. Legendaries also need to be reworked as said above. They need creative effects not based on the core stats, that allow creative builds. Just look how Path of the Exile does there legendaries for example. Also +physical,fire,ice,lightning dmg% needs to be able to be rolled on gear as well as we need more ways to compete with crit and crit dmg. Maybe add a mastery stat that increases either your skill effectiveness or your rune effectiveness too.

I completely agree that more self sufficiency is needed, which can be accomplished I think through an enchanter and the blacksmith. Let her reforge 75% of the str on that item into dex, add magic properties to items not maxed out, and be able reroll certain properties and that kind of stuff. Let the blacksmith add sockets to weapons and reroll or increase the base DPS on weapons that have great stats but bad dps( love getting items with good stats but shitty dps). All this for gold and other collectible unique mats of course.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-05-25 at 09:05 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post

Thst might get D3 rolling again for some gamers to play it for fun instead of running a small business.
    The first 2 on that list wont be happening, the others they can do things to help fix but that is about it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Gotta love how people are still completely misunderstanding what he was talking about.

10+ Year Old Account

I agree with all of your points, but unfortunately I don't think I'd play any further Blizzard titles myself. MAYBE a Legion Expansion to WoW, but if and only if it was a Expansion to WoW. Starting fresh in a new game..? No way. The company has shown with CRZ and the RMAH, they only think of one thing now, and it isnt the player. It's the almighty dollar. There was a time when that was not the case, but it is now sadly. :\

I don't get it, why do so many people complain about "no end game" ? D3 is not an MMORPG. It's a regular game, just with the ability to play multiplayer online. So...not really sure why people are expecting "endgame" from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukahn View Post
    they only think of one thing now, and it isnt the player. It's the almighty dollar.
    Yeah, that's uh, kinda the point of a BUSINESS. To make MONEY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

new classes, more build diversity / balancing, far better balancing of itemization: so sick of no crit/crit% = garbage item, and a far more fluid act design: act3 is very smooth transitioning from one spot to another but that isn't the same for 1 or 2 let alone act4.

Something I would love to see is for the expansion is the "story" act as expected and an inferno only act that isn't part of the main story act just say a giant battlefield "act" just to add options in farming spots.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Endless dungeon levels is what I'd like to see the most!
    Main & raiding character: Elchali, Holy Paladin