Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Well the "end game" is actually to get better gear. Was the same in D2. The thing is that in D2 you could do different builds with a skill three and had to lvl up a new one if u wanted to try something else = game lived longer. It didnt really take too long to get good/best gear and when you did you could PvP and the PvP was kinda decent in D2.

In D3 it feels like no items is the best there is. Feels like you never have the best thing as u dont know if another item can roll better. You didnt have this problem in D2. You just grind and grind. The PvP is horrible. In D2 you could join games and gank or just start a PvP feast outside the town, not so much in D3.

No real community feeling without chat rooms. You feel so "alone" with only a damn wow chatbox. Worst B-net shit ever.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It all comes back to the auction house which leads to a trickle down effect on the rest of the gear such as introducing 'middle ground' Bind on Account crafting items and further pushing build homogenization from class to class. Throw in the RMAH for purchasing gold or perfect rolls and it simply compounds the issue.

For example, I sold a 29% Leoric's Signet for $5 last week (yeah, cheap) and wound up buying nearly half a billion gold since it went to my Battle.net balance. What did I do? I bought myself some amazing gear for about 30m gold which lets me do MP10 with a couple of friends without any kind of worry and now whenever I see a rare drop, I shrug it off unless it's a ring or amulet because there becomes a point where the gear I have is miles ahead of what the game has to offer and I got it all through 20 minutes of browsing as opposed to grinding or bartering.

Obviously, I made this my own problem by using the auction house, but I feel as though it's generally a self-defeating system if you chose to use it which most, if not all, players do especially for tackling higher MP levers if you're not getting lucky on drops. The running joke I have with my friends since coming back to play is to just buy a Skorn with your primary stat for 50k on a <1 minute auction and reap the benefits but in all honesty, the same can be said for most of the item slots as well.

There simply comes a point where I wonder why I am playing it again when I know gear is no longer the primary focus and there is no community as Totikki pointed out. Throwing away the game lobby interface was just stupid on their part.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2013-05-25 at 11:43 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    couple new classes. thats almost a given if they do like they did with D2.

they have been talking about the idea of a massive (possibly infinite) dungeon. that would be awesome if done right. make it so it gets harder the farther you go. maybe put big chests every 10 floors or so. could also possibly add old bosses from D1 and D2 in here. id love to see Lazarus or Andariel.

a big thing for me would be to have the acts all connected like they were in D2. now i dont know how much work that would take but i dont like that each act is its own thing. in D2 you could just take a waypoint and jump from act to act. i thought it was odd they removed that as small as it may seem. the only reason i could see is because people could potentially join a game that has already been cleared.

maybe some new abilities.

of course more bosses. instead of adding only 1 new act maybe add 2 or 3. hell make another 4 if the story permits.

other than that i really dont have anything else that is jumping out at me. im sure ill think of a million things later though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have an excellent idea!:

-Roll back game like it was when D3 was first released.
    -Don't mess with the environment, if I want to vase farm all damn day to get items/gold and not get xp, let me do that!
    -Don't fuck with the classes, you had it perfect in the beginning, everything seemed equal.
    -Ban the damn bots.
    -Get rid of RMAH, maybe even the AH as a whole if you get Trade Chat right.
    -A fully conjoined trade chat, no channels, no exceptions. Everyone sees trade chat in your region at all times, with the option to turn it off while in-game. 90 people in a chat really kills trade and makes AH prices stupid.
    -Keep Paragon Levels, Mob Density (A lot of the latest patch notes, you did well there)

For the expansion:
    -More Paragon Levels
    -Ladder System (Tracks Mob Kills, Gearscore, Damage, Progression, PvP Ratio Maybe?) <----Would work well without RMAH and Bots in the game.
    -New Acts involving Cain and Leah's Spirit, Adria retrieving the soulstone, Angel anarchy (with Tyrael back, Imperious has to be pissed and Malthael is still missing and his place of Wisdom is taken by Tyrael. ) Diablo being revived again.
    -Endless dungeon w/ old bosses from previous Diablo games, ladder system included, cool vanity rewards (pets, Timed XP/MF increase, 'transmog' gear so that the endless dungeons don't replace actual Act farming.)
    -PvP: Gladiator style, 1v1. Queuing is gearscore based and high gearscore matches are fully spectatable.
    -Rewards for High Ranked Ladder Players (Portraits, Vanity Gear, Pets, Glows, etc.)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is honestly an endless supply of things you can put into this game to make it better. I'm impressed with the changes Blizzard has been making recently, but Diablo 3 needs some drastic changes to be a great game like it was for a lot of people at release!
    Last edited by Vorality; 2013-05-25 at 11:59 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    It all comes back to the auction house which leads to a trickle down effect on the rest of the gear such as introducing 'middle ground' Bind on Account crafting items and further pushing build homogenization from class to class. Throw in the RMAH for purchasing gold or perfect rolls and it simply compounds the issue.

For example, I sold a 29% Leoric's Signet for $5 last week (yeah, cheap) and wound up buying nearly half a billion gold since it went to my Battle.net balance. What did I do? I bought myself some amazing gear for about 30m gold which lets me do MP10 with a couple of friends without any kind of worry and now whenever I see a rare drop, I shrug it off unless it's a ring or amulet because there becomes a point where the gear I have is miles ahead of what the game has to offer and I got it all through 20 minutes of browsing as opposed to grinding or bartering.

Obviously, I made this my own problem by using the auction house, but I feel as though it's generally a self-defeating system if you chose to use it which most, if not all, players do especially for tackling higher MP levers if you're not getting lucky on drops. The running joke I have with my friends since coming back to play is to just buy a Skorn with your primary stat for 50k on a <1 minute auction and reap the benefits but in all honesty, the same can be said for most of the item slots as well.

There simply comes a point where I wonder why I am playing it again when I know gear is no longer the primary focus and there is no community as Totikki pointed out. Throwing away the game lobby interface was just stupid on their part.
    I think part of the game is (supposed to be) the slotmachine that is RNG on gear drops, but I haven't yet sold even one rare item or even found one worth selling for that matter. I think the loot patch 1.0.9 is gonna fix a lot of things by a) having more legendaries b) most if not all legendaries are reworked to be viable to some extent c) rare drops are becoming less frequent but more powerful by rolling better stats.

Until then it's just a xp grind while you cross your fingers for a 6% mempo or anything else with a perfect roll.

Deleted
    When someone say that Diablo 3 doesn't have any endgame, what did they expect from an ARPG? Raids?
    What's their take on endgame? Comparing Diablo 3 to other games in the same genre?

I don't mean to be extremely negative, but the truth is, Path of Exile is so good anything D3 does feels like trying to put a band-aid on a decapitated person. Way too little too late. It's superior in every way except the engine, and D3 would need a massive overhaul to be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eigon88 View Post
    When someone say that Diablo 3 doesn't have any endgame, what did they expect from an ARPG? Raids?
    What's their take on endgame? Comparing Diablo 3 to other games in the same genre?
    I was thinking the same thing. Never really played Diablo 2, but many of my friends did. They always talked about running a place called CS, and wishing Diablo 3 had a cube of some sort. Aside from that, they would just run certain levels in certain acts. Their endgame was mainly get to to the top of the US West hardcore server, which they usually had a few of the top 10 spots consistently each season.

Path of Exile. Look it up.

Maps, races, hardcore ladder, more content being produced all the time, including new leagues, which are basically huge changes to the entire game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post

Maps, races, hardcore ladder, more content being produced all the time, including new leagues, which are basically huge changes to the entire game.
    I have tried Path of Exile, too slow for my liking.
    So that is what people want and call endgame? Who can complete the game with some special parameters in place?
    I guess that is an idea to give a game based around grinding a longer life for people that don't like grinding.
    Wouldn't really agree that the leagues are huge changes to the game, it's still the same, just to make it harder for you really until you fail and fall out of the league :P

Thanks for the answer, I guess that is something a few people would call endgame in an ARPG

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post

Been there, played it for 2 months straight then quit and went back to D3. Just because you like the game better doesn't mean it is. I could go on about the many flaws of PoE but this isn't the thread for it. All I'm saying is I used to think like you did then got super bored of PoE, its not for everyone. I find D3 has far more replay value, character diversity and physics as Ive been playing it for over a year straight now and still enjoy it. The Skill forest in PoE is a lie, since few builds are actually viable endgame and your forced into to taking all the +resistant or +life nodes as they by far trump the others. If you don't take the right build, you have to reroll your character plain and simple and burn days of playtime pointlessly getting them back up to 60+. You have to understand while thats fine and engaging to some people, its annoying as hell to people like me. Id rather D3's system where I can change my skills and builds up whenever i get bored. I HATE rerolling and leveling the same class, I didn't even like it in D2 and path of the Exile expects that.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted
    Yeah i want to see some skills and stat allocation. Perhaps improved crafting and more professions?

Extra sockets would be a plus. Also lower the cost for making your own equipment.

We need Jay Wilson to stay away from this, since the Titan team got sent back to the older games.

So that is what people want and call endgame? Who can complete the game with some special parameters in place?
    I guess that is an idea to give a game based around grinding a longer life for people that don't like grinding.
    Wouldn't really agree that the leagues are huge changes to the game, it's still the same, just to make it harder for you really until you fail and fall out of the league :P

Thanks for the answer, I guess that is something a few people would call endgame in an ARPG
    I think what ppl would like to see is Blizz at least try to do something. Paragon levels and monster power is the most basic shit that they could have come up with. Same goes for PvP duels. Or crafting. The combat saves the game somehow, but aside from that lack of effort is the name of the game.

Ok the combat and the achievs/lore books can stay. Rest ... you can burn it to the ground Blizz. And if some bosses niece will want to play story writer again, this time tell her no.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    I think what ppl would like to see is Blizz at least try to do something. Paragon levels and monster power is the most basic shit that they could have come up with. Same goes for PvP duels. Or crafting. The combat saves the game somehow, but aside from that lack of effort is the name of the game.

Ok the combat and the achievs/lore books can stay. Rest ... you can burn it to the ground Blizz. And if some bosses niece will want to play story writer again, this time tell her no.
    I don't agree. MP play is a great way to tune up your own challenge as early as lvl 1. It is a rather crucial part of Diablo3 these days, both in leveling, end game, key hunting, softcore, hardcore.

MP play is so good I would like it be intoduced in WoW even, to have - at least - challenging solo play for once in an mmorpg. MP solo play could be introduced in WOW with ease through phasing btw.

--- general remark ---

After more than one year ... I see some interesting trends for D3: the game resides firmly in the top 10 games being played in both western tools and in Korea. Not only is there the famous Blizzard stats (2.2 miilion daily players), the earlier statements talked about 1 million daily and 3 million players on a monthly basis too.

D3 stays in the top charts of present day sales and with the upcoming console version, it certainly will be talked about even more.

So I think this blind blablabla ... Bad Copycat talk about D3 is having less and less credibilty. A LOT of people (multi millions) play D3 13 months after launch, it simply is seen by the tracking tools.

The game as it stands is liked and played by 25-30% of the people a FULL year after launch which simply is quite good for a non mmorpg and quite awesome for any video game really.

---

No surprises to me as D3 fills in a role perfectly in present day casual on line gaming. Everyone knows by now that I prefer HC play, but whatever your style, Diablo3 is a great little title to return to when you are in the mood. And ... For what it is worth, the D3 competition went nowhere this last year: they don't even show up in the top 100 of most played games.

Quite an achievement for D3 because the game is simply pure pve and doesn't even have pvp yet.

With 13 million sales, an upcoming few million on the consoles version and multi million actively playing fans 13 months after launch ... I see enough back up to watch this franchise grow further in the future.

More than any hater will try to counter but frankly the above stats prove that D3 is taking a nice chunk of the Blizzard player base. You may not like it, but one year after launch it has its own share of multi million followers.

I like it.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-06-01 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    I don't agree. MP play is a great way to tune up your own challenge as early as lvl 1. It is a rather crucial part of Diablo3 these days, both in leveling, end game, key hunting, softcore, hardcore.

MP play is so good I would like it be intoduced in WoW even, to have - at least - challenging solo play for once in an mmorpg. MP solo play could be introduced in WOW with ease through phasing btw.
    MP is Blizz managing to successfully copy one of the old D2 features and iterate on it a tiny bit. And that is after forums had to practically bully Blizz to do it. It's one of the thank god at least this feature from D2 made it to D3 moments. I am not saying it's bad, but what ... should we congratulate Blizz that they managed to implement one of the core features of D2 in the sequel ? The bar is getting lower and lower

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

I have a few ideas on what would be great in a Diablo III expansion.

1/ Gems need an overhaul. Instead of being flat +stats they should have unique magic effects akin to the old Runewords from D2x. Things like 'Causes Fear on Critical Strike' 'Adds 5% Lightning Damage to attacks' 'Attacks grant +1% movement speed for 10 seconds, stacking up to 25%', things like that.

2/ Crafting needs huge improvements. Upgrading mundane (grey/white) items to magical seems a good start, and even having you select the desired stats would be great (though keep them relatively low-mid power so they are only used to fill gaps in your gear). Rare patterns for pre-set items should drop off Act bosses. And needless to say they should all be Soulbound to your account (with the option to gift them to party members within a limited timespan).

3/ Legendaries should be Soulbound, either on pickup or equip. They aren't legendary if there's a hundred of them on the AH at any given time, so obviously they won't be allowed on the AH. Finding one that either you, an alt or a friend can use should be a great feeling.

4/ Act bosses need to be harder then Elites and Rares. Goes without saying, really.

5/ Remove the increasing timer on resurrections. Its bullshit and annoying, nothing else.

6/ Punish players more for deaths. Perhaps a Resurrection Sickness debuff that removes 5% of your stats for 10 minutes, stacking every time you die. Allow this to be cleansed by a healer in town (i.e. give the healers a reason to exist) for a small amount of gold. Basically, if a teammate resurrects you mid-fight you can continue to fight but in a weakened state, or if you're killed solo you can come back at the graveyard (or wherever) and jump back into the action quickly or go back to town to heal properly.

7/ Alter potions to give healing over time, and remove the cooldown on them. So for example a potion gives 50% of your total health over 10 seconds, meaning its not an instant-save but will keep you fighting longer term. Chaining potions won't heal you faster, but you can drink another to refresh the duration. Right now potions are an 'oh shit' button, and the huge stack I tend to have often gets completely unused - having them as HoTs means I'll be constantly drinking them to top myself off, and if I screw up and take huge damage I don't have a get out of jail free card and have to actively back off a bit to allow the potion to heal me.

8/ More character customisation. Allow players to alter the look of their armour more, their hairstyles (needless to say, have 'hide helmet' as an option), maybe voices as well. Being able to personalise your character adds to the depth a great deal.

9/ Change the skill system slightly. Have the core 4 skills and primary attack remain the same, but allow quick changing of the secondary attack via use of the mousewheel. For example, being able to switch between Hammer, Whirlwind, Rend and Slam as a Barbarian might add a lot of fluid gameplay options depending on the encounter. Not to mention more balancing of the skills and glyphs to make more of them viable.

10/ Larger and more Labyrinth styled dungeons to explore. Diablo III's 'random' dungeons quickly became very predictable and quick to navigate, and there was rarely more then one path to the exit. Having sprawling confusing mazes like Nihlathak's Temple would really help smooth out the grind.

11/ Actual Player vs Player arenas. Enough said really.

12/ Mules. Actual Mules that can be called to quickly store items to be taken back to town. And have bigger stashes that aren't tied to your entire account (with one tab that is shared so you can transfer items to alts).

13/ Options for larger parties. Honestly, 4 as a limit? Make it 8 at least. Infact...

14/ Uberboss Raids. 10+ players vs hyperbuffed Uber versions of each of the Bosses. Perhaps even disable resurrections during the fight to make it more about skill then zerging down the boss. Add a leaderboard to see who can kill each boss the fastest, take the least damage and suffer the least casualties. Gold rewards, achievements and prestige, no loot.
    Last edited by Durandro; 2013-06-01 at 01:39 PM.

Deleted
    the problem is the people wanting d3 to be d2... Diablo 3 is not Diablo 2 if you wanna play diablo 2 then go play it nothing has changed since then d2 is still the same, so instead of whining about it in d3 then go play it.

i like that blizzard is trying out something new instead of just copying a game and add some graphics, i would hate that.. (Activision)

Now i would love to see some new spells or upgraded spells.. maybe add missions to upgrade your existing spells to add more power etc.?
    Then ofc a class or two would be nice with some more lore into it..
    Hopefully new acts or quests for your followers, since some of them actually have interesting lore. (Templar?)
    More BoA crafting and the infinite dungeon they have been talking about..
    Would also be nice to have dungeons or bosses who has a resistance of some type forcing players to have more gear or different builds?

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    MP is Blizz managing to successfully copy one of the old D2 features and iterate on it a tiny bit. And that is after forums had to practically bully Blizz to do it. It's one of the thank god at least this feature from D2 made it to D3 moments. I am not saying it's bad, but what ... should we congratulate Blizz that they managed to implement one of the core features of D2 in the sequel ? The bar is getting lower and lower
    Stop putting D2 on a XXX. D2 is an OLD game with a TERRIBLE engine and terrible mechanics, like ... pickung up worthless gold one by one and 10.000 other annoying old things. D2 was 10.000 times a single boss run. How exciting...

Curious you called the added D3 MP play "shit" in your other post and now suddenly it is good because you realised ... somehow in some form it was put into a D2 patch 3 years after launch ...

Get lost. If you don't like to play D3 stop posting about it.

I like D3 and I simply LOVE D3 hardcore mode. And btw the ON LINE engine of D3 beats anything on the market these days.

And ... since the stats and playing charts show it ... I am far from the only one liking this Action packed game.